collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you think Nancy Cartwright's Bart Simpson voice was inspired by Gusty?  (Read 802 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
We all know that before working on The Simpsons, Nancy Cartwright voiced characters in some Saturday morning cartoons in the 80s, including at least few G1 ponies, of which at least Gusty sounded just like Bart (although he could occassionally be heard through other ponies as well) But do you think it was actually Gusty who served as the original inspirtation for his voice? I remember Mrs. Cartwright mentioning somewhere in an interview that voicing Bart was no problem to her since she had already voiced characters in few cartoons before like My Little Pony, Pound Puppies or Snorkels, but I checked on YouTube and none of the characters voiced by her sounds quite like Bart, except Gusty of course. Could it be, then, that when she was originally asked back in 1987 to provide voice for a bratty ten year old boy, she thought about that tomboyish white unicorn she was voicing in that pony show and figured "Yeah, that will be the perfect voice for him"? Because that would be quite awesome if it turned out that one of the biggest icons of the 90s was at least partially inspired by a MLP character!
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Possibly. They probably had her try different voices that she'd done before and thought that her Gusty voice was the best. Though Gusty always sounded a little more nasally and congested then Bart Simpson.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
That would be actually kind of funny, if the way it went was that she thought to herself "Okay, I tried my puppy voice and my snorkel voice, maybe Gusty will work better" and then Matt Groening was like: "Perfect!"
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal