collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Uk people! Just found y3 rainbow retros! (added pics and receipt code)  (Read 5659 times)

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Uk people! Just found y3 rainbow retros! (added pics and receipt code)
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »
oh well done, big congrats, so happy for you. so what is showing up and has showed up in the UK so far with the retro's/35th ?

still nothing here yet other then 4 rainbows from yr 2 from cotton on :sad: still trying to keep positive.

have these showed up in the states yet? any chance of a picture on the insert in the box? :D

Strange, Cotton On in Australia hasn't stocked them in shop or online in a long time (I can't even recall when I did see them in store, maybe final year of high school or first year at Tafe?)
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 01:57:21 AM »
oh well done, big congrats, so happy for you. so what is showing up and has showed up in the UK so far with the retro's/35th ?

I think they are in the US already but I think they're just coming out there? US folks?

The UK thus far has had lots of collector ponies, a smaller number of scented Rainbow Ponies and this is I think the first time any of the other waves have been found here though I sincerely hope it means we'll see the others as well now. Peachy and her parlour are also out now - I haven't seen this in stores yet but it is on Amazon, and it's on John Lewis' website, also Entertainer's site as well, and I know some folk already have it. The CP set were not originally going to be sold here, but they are actually more widely sold than the Rainbows seem to be. I think a lot of folk are still having trouble finding the first set Rainbows in stores, which is why this find was so unexpected. By contrast, the CP set are in Entertainer, Argos, Toymaster, John Lewis and Smyths :/

We also have the CP mashems here although not in many stores at the moment. I have only seen these in one store here but apparently they are showing up in Tesco.

The inlay for the box for these is the same as that for the previous I think. It has Windy and the adult sea ponies etc - the art from the old insert that was used for the first set Rainbows.

Don't give up faith that they are coming to you too - remember wave 1 took a while! Also here in the UK the sets are coming out in a funny order. We had the rainbows first and then the collector ponies. Now the Rainbows again before any of the others. It may well be that now these Rainbows are showing up in the US and here, they'll also show in other places too.

Glory's set were shown at the toy fair in London in Jan alongside the Peachy parlour and the y3 Rainbows. Since those two things have now been found in the UK, I strongly hope to see Glory's set arriving soon as well. I figure if AJ and Bow Tie are showing up in Norway it means we will see them here too, though...so...yeah. I really hope we're getting Glory's set next.

I actually think that what is happening is that they have all the same code and so the store in Birmingham may have just been sent whatever Rainbows were in the warehouse. The thing that reassures me this wasn't a mistake is that there's the address label for KNEX UK on the bottom of each box - it proves they came into this country deliberately!

My sister was super excited to see these yesterday as she hasn't managed to find any retros anywhere in stores. And I know that JL in Brum didn't have retros when my parents were last there as they checked. So people who have not seen ponies in JL yet may well find them now. Naynie was all for raiding the back room because she really wants Pinwheel, but I told her that Pinwheel and Starflower won't be around till June.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:59:17 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 02:06:52 AM »

still nothing here yet other then 4 rainbows from yr 2 from cotton on :sad: still trying to keep positive.

have these showed up in the states yet? any chance of a picture on the insert in the box? :D

Strange, Cotton On in Australia hasn't stocked them in shop or online in a long time (I can't even recall when I did see them in store, maybe final year of high school or first year at Tafe?)
i think they were just a christmas time thing only, they went nuts with all their mlp and transformer merchandise pre christmas then it all stop after.

Post Merge: March 15, 2019, 02:13:50 AM

@ Taffeta; huh how come star flower and pim wheel are that much after and not wit the set? so so random
yeah fingers crossed for glory set
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:13:50 AM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 02:19:40 AM »
I am not sure anyone really knows why, although there were some suggestions maybe they had issues with the pose? It does seem weird to me too. But eh. I don't expect ponies to make sense.

Especially not here.

I had assumed we would get a complete set in June since June was the date I was given for these ponies to come out in the UK. But apparently not.

I found it interesting there were 2 Tickles. It makes me think that was all they had although there was no shelf space for more than four ponies. I figure if they'd had Flutterbye, she would've been there rather than 2 of the same pony, so they must've sold her. But my question really is who is the other one that's 2 to a box? Clearly Tickle is because you know, purple (-.-) but if there's no Pinwheel or Starflower yet, does anyone know who the other one is likely to be?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 07:48:49 PM »
I am not sure anyone really knows why, although there were some suggestions maybe they had issues with the pose? It does seem weird to me too. But eh. I don't expect ponies to make sense.

Especially not here.

I had assumed we would get a complete set in June since June was the date I was given for these ponies to come out in the UK. But apparently not.

I found it interesting there were 2 Tickles. It makes me think that was all they had although there was no shelf space for more than four ponies. I figure if they'd had Flutterbye, she would've been there rather than 2 of the same pony, so they must've sold her. But my question really is who is the other one that's 2 to a box? Clearly Tickle is because you know, purple (-.-) but if there's no Pinwheel or Starflower yet, does anyone know who the other one is likely to be?

There were 2 Confetti's at my store.  Makes sense, the two doubles are the purple pony and the white pony.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 12:46:18 AM »
I guess that makes sense...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 07:37:37 AM »

..The box art on the back is interesting and seems to have abandoned the idea of showing them in their poses??

Is it just me or do they have the Year 2 Rainbow pony mane colors on the back of the box?  I'm not hatin', I just think it's funny.  :P

Part of me hopes they correct it halfway through the run to keep their wide range of box variants going.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 07:47:18 AM »
Haha, they so do! I knew there was something off. And after they went to the trouble of getting Starflower's symbol right as well!

The box variations for the earlier waves are insane. I really wonder if they've got it standardised now though. I find it interesting that I haven't seen any in stores in the UK in the bilingual boxes that have been found elsewhere, but those are still ones you can get from amazon o.O. Though maybe they've got over themselves because these just have a white label on the bottom saying K'NEX UK ltd and an address, rather than printing a whole new box to reflect a UK release. The earlier ones didn't have a label like that...but they were still US boxes.

I just deboxed Confetti because I was worried about her tail ribbon staining her body. She has better behaved hair than Tickle. I am still kind of reeling at the weird sensation of finding this set in the UK. Confetti maybe less than Trickles and Tickle, because we had a version, but I just wonder what I would have done at age 4 or 5 if I had walked into a store and seen these guys then.

Can't wait to find Medley's set. I have genuine hope now that it can happen - that after more than 30 years these guys can finally be there for kids to buy. And I really hope kids DO buy them, because frankly the unis, pegs and the y3 rainbows are some of the nicest early ponies.

Really hope that these are gonna be found in other UK places soon too. And Flutterbye..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 07:50:24 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 08:20:47 AM »
UNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHH I want to find these in Canadaaaaaaaaaaa
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2019, 12:23:45 PM »
No 2nd set of Rainbows or Earth ponies at my 2 Targets. I'm starting to think that my area won't put them out since the Collector ponies have stopped selling.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
Requested I post pics. I have some more since deboxing Fetti but not on the PC yet so most of these are Tickle related.

The sensible photos.
Spoiler

The less sensible photos.

Spoiler
Tickle decided to help Confetti debox. But it was more tricky than either of them expected...

Confetti: "Do you have to trample all over me like that?"

Tickle: "Well, then come out and play!"
Confetti: My hooves are stuck in this thing! Give me a hoof or a wing, please!"

Tickle: Will a muzzle do?
Confetti: Don't bite meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tickle: Hold still while I get this thing out of your hair! Stop fidgeting!
Confetti: Don't pull! That tickles!
Tickle:...Seriously? You went there?

Hello Arena!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2019, 01:08:06 PM »
*waves "hello" to Tickle + Confetti*

:squee:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 01:10:54 PM »
*waves "hello" to Tickle + Confetti*

:squee:

I am really looking forward to hearing someone else has found these in the UK because it will prove it isn't a fluke.

And keep hunting, Ponyfan! They will get there!

I mean, we've been waiting in the UK since 1985-6 for these ponies, and they got here eventually...right? XD I'm sure they will update their stock soon.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »
I'm just miffed that the distribution centre is local to me -
so s*d's law that will mean we will probably be the last area to get them in our stores  :cry:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »
I love the deboxing pics. :lovey:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal