collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5: Realistic Predictions and How To Succeed?  (Read 3368 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: G5: Realistic Predictions and How To Succeed?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 02:10:46 AM »
Not a fan of girl=pink. It bothered me as a kid, and it still bugs me now. It took me a long time to even appreciate the color.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 02:28:31 AM »
Obliterate Pinkie Pie.

But,............ PINK.

I feel like even if she's gone we are going to get some other pink obnoxious thing

Probably. But at least it would be a new pink obnoxious thing.

Besides,  the idea that girl = pink is about as gendered as you can get. Not that I think mlp should market as a 'girl toy' so blatantly anyway...but we can survive without quite so much pink.

hasbro factories actually have a self-replicating pile of pink plastic... if they don't contain it in ponies it will take over the entire world, you know? :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 02:33:15 AM »
Obliterate Pinkie Pie.

But,............ PINK.

I feel like even if she's gone we are going to get some other pink obnoxious thing

Probably. But at least it would be a new pink obnoxious thing.

Besides,  the idea that girl = pink is about as gendered as you can get. Not that I think mlp should market as a 'girl toy' so blatantly anyway...but we can survive without quite so much pink.

hasbro factories actually have a self-replicating pile of pink plastic... if they don't contain it in ponies it will take over the entire world, you know? :P

That sounds believable.

I also hated pink as a child. I like it better now it isn't supposed to define every area of my life. My sister still hates it though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 07:22:56 PM »
Cool character for the boys to identify with so the ponies won't make your son gay

I think it's quite sad that people believe this.

I don't think they should completely wipe out Pinkie but not focus on her as much. But that's not going to change at all, sadly  :sad:.
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 07:42:29 AM »
Cool character for the boys to identify with so the ponies won't make your son gay

I think it's quite sad that people believe this.

I won't say people believe this, but when you look at dragons or dinosaurs in pop culture, they are always geared towards boys unless they are overly decorated in glitter and have huge eyelashes (Lego Friends, Ever After High). Ponies are always geared towards girls unless they are shown as war horses.

Even Dreamworks Dragons franchise saw need to create a glitter pink female version of Toothless because that is considered appropriate for the girl market. Not Astrid riding a gender neutral dragon design but a glitter pink smooth blue-eyed Barbie dragon :lol:

I am reminded of what the creators said about the new Disney Dalmatians cartoon. "We tried to make the female protagonist so that boys will like her" (they really think boys won't like a female dog because female).
Everytime we think girl franchises make progress it's really just them getting geared towards boys.
That's why I think a new Spike would be geared towards boys. Just like Guardians of Harmony was really just Hasbro's attempt at a boy line. It had nothing to do with girls being into action.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal