collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Officially the Last Season of FiM (SPOILERS!)  (Read 23252 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
So maybe it's just a theme with me about the characters I like in things.

Meanwhile, I'm posting pictures of King Sombra trying to kidnap a baby...
And lest we not forget...professor Snape pony...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

and if I remember right, that was an episode with Starlight
Snape Pony: This is the legendary Amulet of Whachamacallit, said to be the key of untold wonders.

Starlight:  Like what?

Snape Pony: I can't tell you or they wouldn't untold anymore.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Several episode synopses have been revealed.

S9E01&02 "The Beginning of the End" Apr. 6, 2019 - Episode Discussion:
Spoiler
In the back-to-back season premiere episodes, titled "The Beginning of the End," Princess Celestia and Princess Luna decide to retire and hand off the ruling of Equestria to Twilight Sparkle and her friends, which sends Twilight into a tailspin of self-doubt. Meanwhile, an ancient villain bands together a legion of nefarious characters to conquer all of Equestria, challenging Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Mane 6 to step in and save the day.

The Beginning of the End, Part I  When Celestia and Luna decide to retire and hand off the ruling of Equestria to Twilight and her friends, it send Twilight into a tailspin of self-doubt. The ancient villain Grogar plots to conquer all of Equestrian, but King Sombra has ideas of his own.

The Beginning of the End, Part II As Twilight and the rest of the Mane six struggle to come to terms with destruction of the Tree and Elements of Harmony, King Sombra sets his sights on conquering all of Equestria.

(sources: not specified, info. from EqD)

S9E03 "Uprooted" Episode Discussion:
Spoiler
The Young Six respond to a magical summons from the Tree of Harmony, only to learn it has been destroyed.

(source: https://whensiton.com/episode/uprooted/EP013304160240)

S9E04 "Twilight's Seven" (200th Episode) Episode Discussion:
Spoiler
Twilight and Shining Armor Pit their wits against each other to settle a long-standing sibling rivalry, but they soon discover they are not the only competitors.

(source: whenitson.com)

S9E05 "The Point of No Return" Episode Discussion:
Spoiler
Twilight realizes she never returned a book to the Canterlot Library and may have caused her favorite librarian to lose her job.

(source: whenitson.com)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 10:54:22 PM by Flitter »

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
With a title like "The Beginning of the End", they're foreshadowing the end of the series. What's the finale called, "The End of the End?"

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Thoughts on episodes 1,2 and 3

Spoiler
Based on the info we have and the previews, I think Grogar will unite the remaining villains and send each of them to a part of Equestria. Chrysalis will challenge Thorax to try to back the Changeling kingdom and Sombra will try to kidnap Flurry Heart so the Crystal Heart will lose its power and the Empire will be unprotected.

Episode 3.

I think even if the Tree of Harmony is destroyed that there the Elements will always be present in some form within the ponies /creatures that hold them.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
My thoughts on the episodes:

Spoiler
First two episodes I think will involve Twilight handing over the power of the elements to the Young Six at some point (https://youtu.be/Y8DvEJl4Hh0?t=66).

Also, Sombra (or perhaps Grogar) will hypnotize everyone but the Mane Six after the tree is destroyed. Twilight and her friends won't even need the elements to defeat Sombra after all (https://youtu.be/fR8ZXSYtDSw?t=20).

With episode 3, I won't be surprised if they try to restore it, only to learn that they already had the magic inside them so it doesn't matter.

Interested in episode 4, although I have no speculations yet. Sounds like it could be a good episode.

I don't know, episode 5 sounds a bit silly (for this far in the series at least). Who loses their job because someone doesn't hand back their book? Did no one contact Twilight about it? Did she ignore/miss the messages? If it was that important, you wouldn't be allowed to take it out of the library in the first place. And Twilight's a princess - I imagine if she asked and explain they'd gladly reinstate her job. I feel like there will be a "yeah but here's a complicated reason why that won't work" conversation in this episode... So yeah, not excited for this one.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal