collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 61635 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2019, 07:17:36 AM »
Apologies if this has already been said (have not had time to read the whole thread!)  :P

This would be an absolute dream find for most of us here and I've been drooling over the videos and pics too  :dribble:

I think this is a stark lesson for all of us. If we wish our beloved collection to be dealt with in a specific way after our death, we should make a will stating those details.

I would hope that the executors of the will would then go to some lengths to carry out our wishes. For example, in my will I have specifically requested that all my ponies go to other collectors, rather than to charity shops or just disposed of.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 07:22:00 AM by applejackbunny »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 08, 2019, 07:44:17 AM »
Apologies if this has already been said (have not had time to read the whole thread!)  :P

This would be an absolute dream find for most of us here and I've been drooling over the videos and pics too  :dribble:

I think this is a stark lesson for all of us. If we wish our beloved collection to be dealt with in a specific way after our death, we should make a will stating those details.

I would hope that the executors of the will would then go to some lengths to carry out our wishes. For example, in my will I have specifically requested that all my ponies go to other collectors, rather than to charity shops or just disposed of.

For the most part, donating to charity shops, or auctions, these items will trickle down to collector's hands. Collectors are the only ones who really want these things.

I hope I don't burden my family members to much if/when they have to deal with my stuff. I could care less if they toss it, sell it, donate it-- I want them to do whatever is easiest for them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 08, 2019, 12:16:38 PM »

For the most part, donating to charity shops, or auctions, these items will trickle down to collector's hands. Collectors are the only ones who really want these things.

I hope I don't burden my family members to much if/when they have to deal with my stuff. I could care less if they toss it, sell it, donate it-- I want them to do whatever is easiest for them.

Good point banditpony. I should have said to make sure your family are aware of your wishes and, more importantly, are happy to do this for you. Mine are.
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #423 on: June 09, 2019, 02:58:08 PM »
Most recent lot of Storage Locker Auctions have gone for $3,770.35 for a new overall total of $91,356.27

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 09, 2019, 05:23:54 PM »

Good point banditpony. I should have said to make sure your family are aware of your wishes and, more importantly, are happy to do this for you. Mine are.

I would say my family would do so. However, I have been in those shoes (finding good homes for things after a loved one has passed). It's certainly skewed my attitude about possessions. Heck, it skewed my attitude about gifts. That's why I said-- what ever is easiest for my family. :)

I have a friend who is dealing with a record and a coin collection... I dunno. :/ The time it's taking her (over a year), and the space it's taking (a whole room)... is a lot.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 10, 2019, 10:37:53 AM »

I would say my family would do so. However, I have been in those shoes (finding good homes for things after a loved one has passed). It's certainly skewed my attitude about possessions. Heck, it skewed my attitude about gifts. That's why I said-- what ever is easiest for my family. :)

I have a friend who is dealing with a record and a coin collection... I dunno. :/ The time it's taking her (over a year), and the space it's taking (a whole room)... is a lot.

Yes!  Actually my grandfather had a magic collection- like original magic books, first editions, rare rare books- he was a magician and a very early member of the Magic Castle club - (which evidently was a big deal).

I'm sure the collection had value- but some of these things aren't supposed to be out of the hands of magicians-  and then there is the issue of FINDING someone who wants something so rare.

Finally my parents donated the entire collection to a magician whose mind was just blown to pieces.

Offline justinb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 03, 2019, 10:09:44 AM »
I'm late to the party, but does anybody know if there was a Baby Buggy for sale?

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 03, 2019, 11:24:37 AM »
I just thought of this after seeing this thread for the first time months ago, is mentioning shopgoodwill relevent to the convo? TBH I’ve seen lots there with plenty of gems. There was one with TWO Mimics once. Also a MOC Sweetheart Sister. Crazy that somebody would think to give that to a charity shop...
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #428 on: July 03, 2019, 02:31:27 PM »
justinb - they've only just started listing playlets so there hasn't been a buggy yet.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #429 on: August 08, 2019, 06:56:33 AM »
New total from the latest auctions:
$5739.01 in sales this round
Total: $99911.21

So the next lot will take it over $100k!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #430 on: August 08, 2019, 08:22:13 AM »
That was the luckiest storage unit find in the world.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #431 on: August 27, 2019, 09:53:40 AM »
I think they've just relisted their first item. Baby Sunribbon looks the same as one that's been up before and sold.

Offline BabyMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
  • hoarding plastic horses as a hobby
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 27, 2019, 06:25:24 PM »

Yes!  Actually my grandfather had a magic collection- like original magic books, first editions, rare rare books- he was a magician and a very early member of the Magic Castle club - (which evidently was a big deal).

I'm sure the collection had value- but some of these things aren't supposed to be out of the hands of magicians-  and then there is the issue of FINDING someone who wants something so rare.

Finally my parents donated the entire collection to a magician whose mind was just blown to pieces.

my great aunt was a doll collector and when she passed. my grandma and i were both set to the task of finding collectors who wanted all of these things. she had amazing dolls and hand traced patterns for sewing clothes. it was really heartbreaking for us to be unable to find collectors, we only got one self proclaimed collector to take a single trunk of them. i spent hours listing entire lots on ebay for cheap, we searched the whole county for anyone who might want some dolls.
we're still holding onto some things to see if we'll find anyone, and we've found use for the patterns and tools (very good stuff from the 50s and 60s) left behind. the whole process got me into collecting ponies, even though she didn't have any of those :P

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 30, 2019, 03:11:35 PM »

my great aunt was a doll collector and when she passed. my grandma and i were both set to the task of finding collectors who wanted all of these things. she had amazing dolls and hand traced patterns for sewing clothes. it was really heartbreaking for us to be unable to find collectors, we only got one self proclaimed collector to take a single trunk of them. i spent hours listing entire lots on ebay for cheap, we searched the whole county for anyone who might want some dolls.
we're still holding onto some things to see if we'll find anyone, and we've found use for the patterns and tools (very good stuff from the 50s and 60s) left behind. the whole process got me into collecting ponies, even though she didn't have any of those :P

Hey, I know a doll collector-  me!  But seriously, what kind of dolls are they?  Like baby dolls from the 50s and 60s?

Are you really in WA?  Western WA?  You might want to try the "Teddy Bear and Doll show" in Puyallup-  most of the people who go collect older dolls and baby dolls.  You could even get a table there and sell stuff

https://www.google.com/search?q=washingotn+teddy+bear+and+doll+show&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS821US821&oq=washingotn+teddy+bear+and+doll+show&aqs=chrome..69i57j33l5.6142j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&ibp=htl;events&rciv=evn&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIpciHzqvkAhWrJzQIHe5zAsQQ5bwDMAB6BAgPEAE#fpstate=tldetail&htidocid=HGzcXqwYgn-vN7z7JpA8-A%3D%3D&htivrt=events

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #434 on: September 01, 2019, 03:39:42 PM »
New Storage Locker Auctions total has passed $100k!
This set have sold for $2056.66 for a new total of:
$101,967.87!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal