collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62129 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #255 on: March 23, 2019, 07:49:47 PM »
Mail Order Mommy and Baby pony are almost $1000 now and the Soft Sleepy Newborns between $400-$500 each.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2019, 02:29:45 AM »
Mail Order Mommy and Baby pony are almost $1000 now and the Soft Sleepy Newborns between $400-$500 each.

Ponyfan

In a sense, though, those aren't really surprising prices. Not like baby Firefly from the last round.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2019, 07:02:24 AM »
The prices really aren't as unrealistic this time.

I've got my sights on at least one that I am hoping to win, hoping to score at least two this time.  I didn't get any last time.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2019, 11:52:45 AM »
Has anyone looked at MIP Satin n Lace?  Description says no discolorations, but in the photos she looks full of possible regrind.  Is it just me?  I'm curious of others opinions because Satin is my army pony, and I'm trying to decide if I want to bid on this MIBag one.  Or, since my birthday is next month, if anyone wants to get her for me that'd be super nice. (Just kidding)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2019, 03:28:09 PM »
Has anyone looked at MIP Satin n Lace?  Description says no discolorations, but in the photos she looks full of possible regrind.  Is it just me?  I'm curious of others opinions because Satin is my army pony, and I'm trying to decide if I want to bid on this MIBag one.  Or, since my birthday is next month, if anyone wants to get her for me that'd be super nice. (Just kidding)

I looked at her and she looks full of regrind to me, too.  Also, it looks like there is a melt mark where she might have been resting on something metal in that hot locker.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2019, 03:30:30 PM »

Definitely regrind, yes. I think they probably just copy pasted there description to all of their ponies without actually taking a close look at them...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2019, 04:56:01 PM »
Thank you guys, I apreciate your help.

I will say, seeing this one, I'm worried about my army.  A year or more ago I posted about how one of my perfect Satin's came out of storage, and she now had this neon pink zit on her body that wasn't there before.  Will time and age eventually ruin all my lovely Satins? :sad: :sad:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 05:20:49 PM by Gator »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2019, 05:44:20 PM »
The way the bag seems to be clinging lovingly to the discoloured areas of plastic makes me think that probably it was sped up by the conditions in the storage unit and the fact she was sealed. Admittedly I only have one lavender Satin and Lace and she's never been in storage, but she has no signs of regrind from being stuck in my cupboard with her sisters for the past 20 years or so.

My cupboard is pretty cold and the doors are never totally shut so there's air circulation...I'm guessing that's a factor though I'm no scientist :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2019, 07:17:07 PM »
Thank you guys, I apreciate your help.

I will say, seeing this one, I'm worried about my army.  A year or more ago I posted about how one of my perfect Satin's came out of storage, and she now had this neon pink zit on her body that wasn't there before.  Will time and age eventually ruin all my lovely Satins? :sad: :sad:

The best thing to do is to keep them in an environment where you control the humidity and temperature and light.

But I agree with taffeta, I also think being trapped in plastic accelerated it.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2019, 10:27:33 PM »
Sweet Sundrop sold, I hope to a loving collector.

Edit: I hope there's the two bride and other SHS ponies in the next batch. I think the merch will be the last of the unit lot, maybe with play sets (I think the Satin something play set sold already though)

Edit edit: Pretty Belle also sold.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:08:57 AM by freezestime »
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 25, 2019, 06:47:25 AM »
I also see regrind on Satin and Lace. :sad: I think this illustrates that sometimes keeping mail order ponies MIB isn't the best in the long term.  I don't see the same discoloration on Rapunzel though.

Ponyfan

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #266 on: March 25, 2019, 08:01:59 AM »
I don't think there's really any way to prevent regrind.  If it's going to happen, it's going to happen.  I've lived in pretty mild climates with no extremes of hot / cold and my ponies were in a nice airy space, but it didn't prevent Party Time, Quackers, Cloud Puff, and the other usual suspects from developing regrind. :(

Quackers was particularly heartbreaking because originally she was perfect, even had extremely nice hair (which you don't always see on Quackers), but within the space of a few years she developed nasty brownish regrind on half her body.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 25, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »
That's true. I didn't mean to say that not keeping them MIB would ensure they wouldn't get regrind just that I think a pony that's prone to regrind might degrade faster if sealed in a plastic bag.

My childhood Skydancer has regrind also and she was always stored in my room. She was the one pony that wasn't packed away with the others when I thought I'd never be in to ponies again and even she has regrind.

Ponyfan

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2019, 01:18:03 PM »
the soft sleepy newborns went insane. I don't think those are real prices. I got outbid at $800 on the last one i needed :(

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2019, 01:27:53 PM »
the soft sleepy newborns went insane. I don't think those are real prices. I got outbid at $800 on the last one i needed :(

Honestly, it';s been so long since any of those came up MIB, given inflation and rarity and everything, I wouldn't be surprised if their normal rate is now pretty high. Esp. when all three are there which makes it worse.

(Edit to add, ok, just saw exactly where the ended. Perhaps that's a tad much!)

I would say they are rarer than MOC Mimic, though, which still sells for similarly stupid prices.

but I imagine there are a lot of people who decided it was a once in a lifetime chance to obtain them with all their stuff.

PErsonally I would love just the box for one of those, but I don't need all the rest of it. But those don't ever come up either...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal