collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62004 times)

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 07:17:53 AM »
Some of my most wanted ponies have been listed already. Some can also be seen in the background pics of the collection. Unfortunately the prices are going higher than I can afford by the time you add on the horrible global shipping program. It’s quite a thing to see so many MOC/MIB ponies in one place. There are clearly a lot of full sets. It doesn’t seem like extra store stock to me though because there appears to only be one of each pony in their packages and no duplicates. It definitely seems like it was once a collectors.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 07:51:24 AM »
Can you imagine buying an abandoned storage unit and finding all that??
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 08:01:48 AM »
if that was me, i'd move into that storage unit!!

That is quite literally my dream.

Although it is true that it's also sad...there are a lot of reasons that it ended up in abandoned storage like that. If the collector is still around, and they needed the money, they'd have sold the ponies. If not, though, and we knew them, then you'd think we'd know. There are a lot of collectors who just collect and then drift on. You also all have to remember that back in the early days MIP ponies were very much cheaper than now. We're talking $30 for MIB newborn twins and $25 for Glory and Medley. There were also a lot more of them around, and a lot less interest in them in general.

They could also have been bought up by an adult during the 1980s and then put in storage and forgotten about, only to be discovered now. Lots of reasons. I think it's sad but it's less sad than them being lost and forgotten forevermore.

My sister will get my collection if anything happens to me and vice versa as it's a shared collection, but I always hope in the long run my ponies will end up in some kind of museum, rather than being sold - so lots of people can take care of them. However I have known at least one pony collector who had plans for her ponies and their distribution after her death which didn't happen at all as she wanted, so who knows.

BUT so awesome that these are all there and preserved after all this time. It's a huge boost for MIP collecting that they do survive and hopefully will now be in the community. Maybe in the long run it will also bring some prices down because of the quantity. We can hope...though doesn't look like that right now.

I wonder if there's a Taffeta in that collection. I see Dawn, but not Taffeta. I still have three from that set I'm looking for MIB, although I really can't afford any of them xD.

I am so happy they're all on US card or I think I would probably implode as I have pretty much zero pony money right now :) Also MIP ponies via the GSP is risky anyway. I think it'd have to be a lower price for me to risk it. But I LOVE looking at all the pics and the listings and realising that yes, more MIP ones still survive!

It is also really interesting seeing which ones are getting the immediate bid attention, too.

Edit - looking at the pics more, there's loose stuff in there too. It's someone's collection.

A LOT of ponypeople have gone from the community who were here in the old days and not all have sold up. Maybe one of them...

I guess there's a chance of a Mimic being among them. Albeit she's not half as rare MOC as some other ponies, her price is mostly thanks to it being mimic and the idiocy of the past...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:31:01 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 08:36:47 AM »
It's an amazing find, but I feel bad about it.  :(
I do hope the ponies find good new homes, though!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 09:42:44 AM »
That is one of the most awesome hauls I've seen in a long time.

And I see Sweet Stuff MOC.... May keep an eye out for that one!

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »
From what the seller said, the owner has passed away. Its so sad that all those ponies are going to split, they deserve to be all together in a museum.

To be honest, I'm amazed and its like a mystery to me all that stuff locked in that place. And I wonder if it really was the owner's intention to leave them that way or maybe some other circumstances (for example, family members who kept everything in there and forgot about them). I think it will be very difficult for us to know what happened  :(

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 11:05:54 AM »
The way they're organized, I think whoever put them in there cared a lot their ponies.

It is very sad the person has passed.  But maybe they would be happy to know that the proceeds will help the family.

I don't know if I will bid.  There are a few that I'd like to have but, I also like having them out of the box.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Perikoala

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 11:31:40 AM »
The way they're organized, I think whoever put them in there cared a lot their ponies.

It is very sad the person has passed.  But maybe they would be happy to know that the proceeds will help the family.

I don't know if I will bid.  There are a few that I'd like to have but, I also like having them out of the box.

The seller reorganized the place like we can see in the pictures but when he bidded the place looked like a mess, you can see it in the 4:28 minute of the video:

https://youtu.be/7Z3nc8oD13c?t=268

They also uploaded a video only for the MLP stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P18TO_rmq_w&t=190s

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
This is the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen! He’s saying there are five behind each one he shows ... so I wonder if this may be the complete run of G1 ponies. Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 11:55:37 AM »
 :shocked: :shocked: what an amazing story!!! I am divided between: waouh so sad for the owner who passed away  :cry: :cry: and waouh what an amazing find (I am thinking about the person who bought it and find what was inside :blink:)

MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 12:14:22 PM »
I wonder if there's a Taffeta in that collection. I see Dawn, but not Taffeta. I still have three from that set I'm looking for MIB, although I really can't afford any of them xD.
there is, you can see her in the video linked above :)

(the guy pronounces it as taffetia  :lol: )
she likes starbucks i guess :P
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 12:16:09 PM by bladed »

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 01:28:03 PM »
This is the thing that pony dreams are made of!! Sooo lucky that things like this are still turning up after 35 years. Also it looks like leftover store stock to me not a collection but either way, IT’S AWESOME!!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2019, 01:46:32 PM »
I think it might be a complete MOC/MIB US G1 collection along  with the loose ponies in the cases.  I’ve never seen a MIB Soft Sleepy Newborn before and all those MOC Petite Ponies. :wow:  Swing that MIB Lullabye Nursery reminds me how much I miss mine. I hope these ponies end up in loving homes.

I’m sorry to hear that the owner has passed away. :sad:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 02:06:41 PM »
How amazing is this. Still on eBay most of the ponies are already gone for crazy prizes. Maybe in some time it will make them go down. In the pictures you can see sooooo many of them.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 02:13:08 PM »
Are we all screenshotting photos of these for wiki pages? We should get permission from the seller. Especially as some of these have never been seen MIB/MOC are may not be seen again!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal