collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rare ponies on eBay?  (Read 62178 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Rare ponies on eBay?
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2019, 01:30:00 AM »
You never know, it could even be someone from Hasbro who may have mislaid their original from their archives and need it to complete their set?

A bit like LEGO keeping a number of each set they make every year in their archive store.

I dunno!  :wonder:

But they seem desperate to have her MIB!

It could also be an eccentric lottery winner!  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2019, 01:57:53 AM »
I missed out on two last night. I think someone has a sniper app set on them.

I know they exist, but are they allowed and if so, what are they and where can I find them?
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Baby-Sweety

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • We need more Unicorns and Glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2019, 04:15:57 AM »
I'm trying to believe that person just really wants MIB Baby Firefly and MIP Sweet Scoops really bad but I also think the bidding amounts aren't normal and find the fact that they're bidding on so many auctions at once a little suspicious. Sweet Scoops is up to almost $2000 now.

Ponyfan

Yeah, it'd odd. I've seen people suggest it could be shill bidding, but I don't think that's the case for a few reasons. The prices of Baby Moondancer and Baby Firefly, for example. If this p***i bidder was the seller trying to raise the prices to make money, they wouldn't bid prices so high to where no one else would be willing to bid higher than them, since then their item will not sell. It feels like this is a troll who is just determined to place bids high enough to where nobody else is able to outbid them. Either they do not intend on paying for these ponies, or alternatively they're.. super rich and are somehow able to afford these. But it does feel like this is an outside person who is determined to not let other people have a chance to win.

Yeah, I agree with you. Either the seller is gonna block the bidder, report them or just relist the ponies they bidded on or offer them to the second highest offer.

thats exact my thought. - I'm curious how many ponies we will see AGAIN xD  . I bought 4 Ponies -  (amazing magic ) HAHAHA
the rest was ridiculously high -  I sold a Baby Firefly 1-2 weeks ago in a much better condition for $160

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2019, 04:41:53 AM »
I'm trying to believe that person just really wants MIB Baby Firefly and MIP Sweet Scoops really bad but I also think the bidding amounts aren't normal and find the fact that they're bidding on so many auctions at once a little suspicious. Sweet Scoops is up to almost $2000 now.

Ponyfan

Yeah, it'd odd. I've seen people suggest it could be shill bidding, but I don't think that's the case for a few reasons. The prices of Baby Moondancer and Baby Firefly, for example. If this p***i bidder was the seller trying to raise the prices to make money, they wouldn't bid prices so high to where no one else would be willing to bid higher than them, since then their item will not sell. It feels like this is a troll who is just determined to place bids high enough to where nobody else is able to outbid them. Either they do not intend on paying for these ponies, or alternatively they're.. super rich and are somehow able to afford these. But it does feel like this is an outside person who is determined to not let other people have a chance to win.

Yeah, I agree with you. Either the seller is gonna block the bidder, report them or just relist the ponies they bidded on or offer them to the second highest offer.

thats exact my thought. - I'm curious how many ponies we will see AGAIN xD  . I bought 4 Ponies -  (amazing magic ) HAHAHA
the rest was ridiculously high -  I sold a Baby Firefly 1-2 weeks ago in a much better condition for $160

Wait, did you manage to snag 4 of their ponies? If so, which ones?
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2019, 05:52:41 AM »
Sidenote, if anyone is bidding on a mint in box (rather than mint on card) item then look closely at the pictures.  Some of the newborn twin sets had ribbons tied around their tails which means they weren't in a sealed box (as ponies weren't sold with ribbons around tails).  I don't think the seller was malicious or trying to scam anyone, I think he just doesn't know a thing about ponies and didn't know / notice. 

So I would definitely ask questions (like "is the tape sealed on both sides of the box", "can I get more pictures" etc) if buying a MIB.

The weird thing is the Newborn Twins do look meticulous aside from the ribbons being tied.  Like, usually you would see bits where the bubble was pulled up from the background but not with the Newborn Twins . . . Whoever owned them must have been a talent.  Maybe they pulled the bubble up just a bit from the bottom?  So that the separation would be hidden by the 'outer' box?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2019, 07:26:40 AM »
Nice catch LadyMoondancer! Didn’t even notice that one! I don’t think the seller is up to anything fishy either. When they were first listed I was one of the many people I’m sure that messaged them. Especially since I live here it was crazy to think this was found so close to me, and kinda sad lol, curiosity got the best of me. Seller was very nice and seemed grateful for information. After I found out it wasn’t just a storage locker of ponies, I came to check here and saw the video links. And was just in awe, I live 20 minutes away! Now I don’t know them personally, but I have been to that thrift store, not my favorite, I find better stuff at the one next door. But the owner was always very friendly. And as other people have said, the way the bids are, doesn’t make sense. Just my two cents after talking to them through eBay and finding out I’ve actually talked to them face to face, crazy. It will be interesting to see if any do get re-listed. And if the seller does block them, they could just make another account though. But if the seller changes the rules, like you have to have at least 20 feedback/purchases then other people will have a better chance.

That’s great that some arena members were able to get some!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2019, 08:38:48 AM »
But if the seller changes the rules, like you have to have at least 20 feedback/purchases then other people will have a better chance.

You can't do that on eBay, not is it really fair to others.

As I said, that buyer has racked up $5,000+ in winnings so far, with the potential of $2,000 more. :/ The seller should really be handling that because it isn't fair to any other potential buyers for the prices to inflate like that IF that buyer isn't serious.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2019, 09:06:26 AM »
But if the seller changes the rules, like you have to have at least 20 feedback/purchases then other people will have a better chance.

As I said, that buyer has racked up $5,000+ in winnings so far, with the potential of $2,000 more. :/ The seller should really be handling that because it isn't fair to any other potential buyers for the prices to inflate like that IF that buyer isn't serious.

Oh really? I could of sworn in the past I’ve seen things like that in listings where the seller says they will atomically block you if you have less than so many good feedbacks/purchases

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2019, 09:17:32 AM »

Oh really? I could of sworn in the past I’ve seen things like that in listings where the seller says they will atomically block you if you have less than so many good feedbacks/purchases

As a setting you can block people with negative feedback. That's specifically what I'm referring

Block able things:
- Don't have a PayPal account
- Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
- Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
- Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

I mean sellers can block whoever they want, but it's going to send flags to retract bids so they can block buyers all Willy nilly

Adding on: a buyer with 100 feedback isn't a better buyer with 10 feedback, honestly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:21:03 AM by banditpony »

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »
I think there’s a seller function where you can block people with zero feedback to avoid people creating fake accounts being silly and bidding things up when they have no intention of paying. I have blocked buyers for a variety of reasons, it just depends on how much sellers are willing to put up with!

Offline PrincessTiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2019, 09:36:04 AM »

As a setting you can block people with negative feedback. That's specifically what I'm referring

Block able things:
- Don't have a PayPal account
- Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
- Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
- Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

I mean sellers can block whoever they want, but it's going to send flags to retract bids so they can block buyers all Willy nilly

Adding on: a buyer with 100 feedback isn't a better buyer with 10 feedback, honestly.

Oh ok, thanks for the info banditpony and Noasar!

And yes your right, I agree on that. More isn’t always an indication on the buyers character, same with sellers.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2019, 09:40:54 AM »
I think there’s a seller function where you can block people with zero feedback to avoid people creating fake accounts being silly and bidding things up when they have no intention of paying. I have blocked buyers for a variety of reasons, it just depends on how much sellers are willing to put up with!

-1, not 0

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2019, 10:19:11 AM »
You used to be able to block 0 feedback bidders, but not anymore.

The "block bidders with negative feedback" is functionally useless now, because sellers can't leave buyers negative feedback.  It's still on eBay as a legacy thing.

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)

This is the most useful of the block options currently, at least it might block some bad bidders.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »
So not to blow details out of the water or anything but...tail ribboned newborn twins seem to be legit.

I got sandcastle and shovels mib in a lot some years back and like you guys assumed they had been out...although there was no sign of anything being disturbed. They cost me around £12 when you broke down the lot price so I didnt think much then. But..Since then I have seen at least 2 others the same way with tail ribbons on the ponies. This is the fourth. I think it is weird. But the chances of four from completely different places having tge exact same tiny detail...makes me think it is original.

And it is always that set.

The auctions I was watching ended while I was teaching. I am quite glad about that as it prevented temptation.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2019, 11:27:46 AM »
Wow, that's good to know, Taffeta!  So maybe they are legit . . . It would explain why the bubble / backdrop of the box didn't have any sign of being opened.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal