collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scribbles and Dabble prototype set  (Read 2323 times)

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Scribbles and Dabble prototype set
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 02:11:18 PM »
It's a shame no one has the artwork without a giant watermark. :/

Clipper does, but you'll probably have to slip him a tenner to get a peek. :lol: Seriously though, I'm sure someone somewhere has a better copy of the image. Several people made customs of them when they were first revealed, so they might still have a scan as reference. (Why does 2016 seem like a hundred years ago...?)

I also feel like it is supposed to be backcard art for a store release. The way that it is cropped for the notebook/pillow doesn't show it, but in the original image there's a lot of "empty" space at the top and bottom where the logo and story and UPC etc would logically go.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 07:59:51 PM »
I dont think there’s one without the watermark, as the artwork is sold to help support Allison who was an original g1 box art illustrator. This artist worked on G1 and G2 ponies  from 1988-1998. Clipper has unveiled to us several other unproduced concept sets such as the fancy swirls (formly known as celestial ponies), and  “date night” (actual set name unknown) concepts. 

All art that Clipper sells is water marked, so we can continue to support the original artists, all proceeds go to the original artist such as Allison and Ruth.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:38:54 PM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 10:48:27 AM »
I dont think there’s one without the watermark, as the artwork is sold to help support Allison who was an original g1 box art illustrator. This artist worked on G1 and G2 ponies  from 1988-1998. Clipper has unveiled to us several other unproduced concept sets such as the fancy swirls (formly known as celestial ponies), and  “date night” (actual set name unknown) concepts. 

All art that Clipper sells is water marked, so we can continue to support the original artists, all proceeds go to the original artist such as Allison and Ruth.

Is it brand new artwork created by that artist? (because otherwise, if it's old artwork, it would be property of Hasbro? (Unless there was some agreement otherwise between Hasbro and the original artist. It tends to be written in the language for contracts and hire agreements)).

If it's original, then I get your statement. If it's Hasbro's then I think it'd be cool to share the history.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:52:12 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal