collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Reproduction Pony dreams?  (Read 3920 times)

Offline SailorBrite

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Reproduction Pony dreams?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 04:30:42 AM »
- Sundance and Megan (1st UK release/ 1st USA release, I love TAF Sundance but I'm not a fan on Megan's TAF design)
- Baby Sundance and Molly

Amen sister! Of course the one I had is TAF Megan.

Also how about some of the rare mail order ponies? Baby TAFs please!

And just because, the rainbow babies. Brightbow, Starbow, Rainribbon, Sunribbon.

I would love to see mother and baby pony sets. Glory & Baby Glory, Moondancer & Baby Moondancer, etc. But also I wouldn’t mind a NSS Lofty (just because the flocking gets so dirty) and NBBE Baby Lofty (which exists but is a rare Brazilian Pony.)
Checklist   Wishlist

The most-wanted Nirvana pony on my wishlist: Baby Dancing Butterflies

Formerly known as Indigo

Offline ThePoneZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Boop the Ice Crystal! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 04:48:13 AM »
My biggest repro wants are TE's and Big Brothers so I won't feel as bad about wanting to customize one into Ice Crystal. >_>;
I don't get to buy ponies often, but I cherish them when I do :lovey:

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 07:43:05 AM »
I'm hoping they repro Posey, I would be so happy to have a brand new Posey in my collection.

Big Brothers/Mountain Boys would be cool too. ^.^

A little off topic but... If Hasbro rebooted Sweetie Pups I would die lol
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:44:36 AM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 10:23:38 AM »
Definitly the all the boys, and flutters with new wings and a new mimic! Seriously I want her but we all know how rare she is. Also maybe some ponywear?
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2019, 12:02:06 PM »
My biggest repro wants are TE's and Big Brothers so I won't feel as bad about wanting to customize one into Ice Crystal. >_>;

As long as it's a dream scenario you can just wish for them to make the Mountain Boys set. ;)

While it seems very unlikely Basic Fun will reproduce anything not sold in the US, if against all odds they did, the Mountain Boys set would probably be the best one to do. Since the set is so desired and hyped even in the few countries where they were actually sold. Plus, if they had already done the Big Brothers they'd have the molds and there'd be no additional accessories to reproduce.

For my dream sets, a Twinkle Eyes set is high up there, since I find these ponies so beautiful and nostalgic, but many of them have held up poorly (scuffed eyes, regrind etc.). With the Flutters being proposed recently, I don't think a TE set is too unlikely to consider at this point.

My other less realistic dream set would be the Pony Friends set, including the unproduced dolls and Molly & Baby Sundance (there is no way this would happen). Also the second set of Princess Ponies with newly produced furbob figures included.

There are many more totally unlikely sets one could wish for, but these are the ones that I specifically would want if I got to decide.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 12:14:44 PM »
I would love to see mother and baby pony sets. Glory & Baby Glory, Moondancer & Baby Moondancer, etc.

OMG that would be the CUTEST set to sell!
I could see non-pony peeps buying them because they would look adorable if packaged/showcased in the G1 pastel style, in Flutter boxes.

Imagine if they did that with the TAF ponies?
A mummy + baby Nightglider, anyone?  :faint:  :lovey:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 01:00:17 PM »
Baby Moondancer, Baby Glory and Baby Lofty! I wouldn't mind the Jewellery Babies either complete with all their jewellery. But  mostly those original babies (and their mum's) and then Baby Lofty (and her mummy, but I'd prefer Lofty without flocking). I wouldn't mind Ribbon and Baby Ribbon as well.  :P

I adored Baby Lofty as a child when I first saw her image on the Dance school and since she was never available here (not that I knew that at the time) I was convinced that she must have been available once upon a time and that she must have come with all the same accessories as Baby Half Note (whose name I thought initially must be Baby Bonnet since it's her dance school). Therefore Baby Lofty, Baby Half Note and original Baby Lickety Split (the play and care version) had to be really good friends and love dancing.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 02:03:51 PM »
My other less realistic dream set would be the Pony Friends set, including the unproduced dolls and Molly & Baby Sundance (there is no way this would happen). Also the second set of Princess Ponies with newly produced furbob figures included.

ooooh yes please!! These would be so cool!! I'd love it if Basic Fun could make some of the unproduced stuff, instead of sticking to re-releases...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »
So this may be playing devil's advocate a bit - and I realise if it's a fantasy wish then it's fine, but in terms of reality...I think people need to consider whether they want ponies for nostalgia or to fill in the rare gaps in their collection because of silly prices. Because silly prices generally indicate not just high demand but limited availability. Which also suggests they were available in limited numbers/areas OR they didn't sell well when new. Those aren't really condusive to nostalgia. The ones that are going to tick that box are the common ones.

I think most people are realistic about the honest possibilities here, but it just occurs to me, Basic Fun thus far have produced their ponies with direct reference to the originals. They even had original flutters at the toy fair, and they've said that themselves I believe. So these are what, $3 ponies?

So how are they going to do that for a set like the Mountain Boys? It's not a $3 outlay. At worst maybe in the vicinity of $500 for a while set of original MBs. That's 50 repro pony sales before they even break even on the basic resources, before you get to production. In contrast, a $3 flutter is only a portion of the sale of one repro pony.

Their distribution was also so limited that the only have nostalgia value in a handful of places. They may be super popular, but it's a gamble.

Don't get me wrong. I love the MB set. It would be awesome to see a nod to the UK line in the retros, to acknowledge we existed if nothing else in the creative process. And I had Sunburst when my sister was born, so I would LOVE to be able to buy her one in retro box. I just think reality kicks in when I think about it.

It's going to be ponies that are common and cheap to source for materials, and which were well known across a wider area (default US) for nostalgia. THe only thing the MB set has that might work is the bright colour scheme which could attract kids. But since right now unicorns like Moondancer and Glory are all the rage everywhere, maybe that wouldn't work either.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2019, 02:55:47 PM »
yeah, realistically speaking I think we'll be lucky to even get the Big Brothers, let alone the MBs. (I mean, now that I stop to think about it, the BBs do have all those accessories.. the hats and such.. that might not work in their favour, since it'd be more for Basic Fun to make and everything) It's fun to dream about, though.

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2019, 08:16:28 PM »
Well, idk if this would technically count but the uni I'm going to has both a 3D scanner and a 3D printer, so one of my goals is to get baits of each non reproduction pose and scan them in, then put them up on the web so those who're willing to do more with it can print them out, refine them to make new moulds or just use those to make custom ones.

So if basic fun doesn't produce them and you want them really badly, then printing them out may be an option.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 10:48:48 AM »
Honestly, I'd love to see mail orders.  A lot of collectors would take the repros for their collections, since the originals are sometimes so scarce that simply finding them can be a challenge.  Those collectors probably aren't in the pool of people contending for the originals (you can want something without actively trying to buy it) so releasing them is unlikely to hurt the value of the originals. 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2019, 11:40:54 AM »
Honestly, I'd love to see mail orders.  A lot of collectors would take the repros for their collections, since the originals are sometimes so scarce that simply finding them can be a challenge.  Those collectors probably aren't in the pool of people contending for the originals (you can want something without actively trying to buy it) so releasing them is unlikely to hurt the value of the originals. 

I don't see them as a threat to the originals either. But the same issue applies with the MO ponies as it does with the MBs. To get the ponies accurate Basic Fun acquire the pony and work their design from it. No company is going to lay out the MO prices to get details for a release just to keep happy a portion of pony collectors who can't afford the prices either. It doesn't make a lot of business sense.

From a personal perspective, I wouldn't care if they did MO ponies (so long as they were being sold in stores) or any of the other rarer ponies people want. It's just that this is a business plan to make money, and they're not going to do that by buying expensive rare ponies in order to make a niche release for a portion of collectors when most of the potential market they hope to sell to would never know the difference in "collector" value between, say, Rapunzel and Firefly...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2019, 02:17:14 PM »
So this may be playing devil's advocate a bit - and I realise if it's a fantasy wish then it's fine, but in terms of reality...I think people need to consider whether they want ponies for nostalgia or to fill in the rare gaps in their collection because of silly prices. Because silly prices generally indicate not just high demand but limited availability. Which also suggests they were available in limited numbers/areas OR they didn't sell well when new. Those aren't really condusive to nostalgia. The ones that are going to tick that box are the common ones.

This is a great point.

If we're talking about fantasies I'll just take the easy route and say 'all of them', heh heh heh.

Edit:  I want to add that I don't care at all if the repros affect the prices of the originals. These are toys, not stocks and bonds.  For all we know Hasbro will one day start pumping out Mimic after Mimic until she's worth $1 apiece; they aren't going to refund you if you spent $100 for her.  You have to go into toy collecting understanding that. 

*puts flashlight under chin, whispers*  Leeet me tell you the tale of the Beeeeanie Baby craze . . .
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 02:54:10 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2019, 02:34:32 PM »
for me it will have to be the harder to find ponies and ponies that now have issues from ages and being in the water.
so first on the list would have to be..
- seaponies especially the 2nd wave/set
- TE ponies again especially the 2 wave/set, it would be pretty cool to own and mimic and to own a sweet stuff with no issues.
- flower fancy's as they are htf and expensive
- glow and show htf and expensive
- and MGR ponies, would be nice to have a complete set and ones that stand without falling over also :P

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 02:37:10 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal