collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will G4s drop in price after the hype?  (Read 2634 times)

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
Re: Will G4s drop in price after the hype?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 10:14:27 PM »
im not sure how to answer cause its a tricki question- playset, mane 6 ponies... i dont know + the fact the G4 quailty is just horrible and it doesnt hold itself after years like previues line- ive seeng g4 get discolored after one year... so

but for your direct question about Star Swirl- she will be more n more expensive over the years- im really sad i didnt bought her 10 years ago i belive she will be among the mimics of this generation- g4 selected ponies and charcter especialy those who were limited realese will never become cheaper and every day goes by they will just become more n more expensive

just like other ponies from difrent lines so
if you find a good deal on her i can advise to snag her up...

xoxo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 12:25:31 AM »
im not sure how to answer cause its a tricki question- playset, mane 6 ponies... i dont know + the fact the G4 quailty is just horrible and it doesnt hold itself after years like previues line- ive seeng g4 get discolored after one year... so

I’m really curious about which specific G4s you’ve seen with discoloration... It’s a concerning issue, given the very young age of these toys. :(

I recently sorted some of my collection, and discovered that a Twilight Sparkle light-up nightlight figurine had developed very bad head discoloration. It was evenly discolored over the entire head, so I don’t think it was from sun exposure... And she had been sitting on my desk in a room with the blinds drawn for the past several years. I was very fond of that figure, so I’m pretty unhappy about it. :( I have yet to see an actual brushable with discoloration in my collection... but now I’m worried. T_T

In any case... If G4s prove to have a shorter longevity as toys or collectibles, I could see that negatively impacting their value hugely. If we, as collectors, are seeing them deteriorate in our care... I can only imagine what actual, played-with ponies are going to look like in a decade or so.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 12:29:26 AM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2019, 12:46:13 AM »
I hope so. Because I'm missing a bunch.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2019, 01:04:49 AM »

I’m really curious about which specific G4s you’ve seen with discoloration... It’s a concerning issue, given the very young age of these toys. :(

I recently sorted some of my collection, and discovered that a Twilight Sparkle light-up nightlight figurine had developed very bad head discoloration. It was evenly discolored over the entire head, so I don’t think it was from sun exposure... And she had been sitting on my desk in a room with the blinds drawn for the past several years. I was very fond of that figure, so I’m pretty unhappy about it. :( I have yet to see an actual brushable with discoloration in my collection... but now I’m worried. T_T

In any case... If G4s prove to have a shorter longevity as toys or collectibles, I could see that negatively impacting their value hugely. If we, as collectors, are seeing them deteriorate in our care... I can only imagine what actual, played-with ponies are going to look like in a decade or so.

I've got a few early brushables that had their heads discolor. It seems to mainly happen with pink ones.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2019, 01:47:34 AM »

I've got a few early brushables that had their heads discolor. It seems to mainly happen with pink ones.

I have these and they don't have this problem. Only my originals that came with a bad head body mismatch to begin with.

And mine were stored in horrible conditions and are still fine.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2019, 02:12:34 AM »
Feathermay is another one that often has mismatch. I've had her from new and I've seen her in package with it as well...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline cottoncandycafe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • small plastic horse enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • my pony tumblr
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2019, 02:49:44 AM »
discolouration is definitely a problem with the early brushables, my feathermay has been discoloured ever since i got her (she was a charity shop find) and poor diamond rose has gotten mismatched over the years too -_-

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2019, 08:00:20 AM »
I don't remember what a lot of my G4s look like, but I definitely should check out my Feathermay...

The ponies I do remember I don't think have had any discolouration.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2019, 09:38:13 AM »
discolouration is definitely a problem with the early brushables, my feathermay has been discoloured ever since i got her (she was a charity shop find) and poor diamond rose has gotten mismatched over the years too -_-

It's probably not discoloration on Feathermay.   Most of them had really evident head-body color differences from Day One.  (A lot of early G4s had this issue, but she was probably the worst for it.) 

Basically, the early G4s have bodies made of harder plastic and heads made of a squishier plastic.  Being two different kinds of plastic made it hard for Hasbro to color-match the two.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »
all the fandom merch and general STUFF, it'll fall to the wayside and only a niche market will still collect.  do you want to buy a $1000 minky life-size plush of someone else's G4 fursona?

This had me cackle! But you are right, that kind of stuff mostly has sentimental value and nothing more. Unless you find a person who really falls in love with your OCs design and is willing to adopt it.

I will say, tho, the people who made all these plushes deserve credit. They made them look so much better than anything Hasbro officially made, so I guess the people who commissioned in-show characters could resell for a good price.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal