collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what is your opinion on pony wear?  (Read 3701 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: what is your opinion on pony wear?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »
I wanted to add that Hasbro switched the names of "Country Jamboree" and "Picnic in the Park" ponywear sets and it infuriates me. :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 10:00:33 AM »
I would love to see the Jem clothing! I love hand made outfits. They have such a personality and so creative e.

I used to have a whole gallery of them on the older version of my Jem site but now there are only a few. I'll put the links in spoiler tags so it doesn't derail the thread :D
Spoiler
My practical skills stretch to needle and thread but not to a sewing machine...;) so they were all made by hand. I had to fashion patterns from existing Jem outfits too. Many of them were made from outfits on the show that were never made officially. I made them for Misfits who got fewer outfits than the Holograms. I have a few by other people too in my collection but most of the non-official outfits I have I made, for better or worse :)

http://www.etherella.com/photoshoot/special_misfits.htm
Roxy's outfit was made by a friend, the others I did. :) Also I painted up Stormer's synth from a Kimber one.

http://www.etherella.com/photoshoot/mexiroxyaja.jpg
I made Roxy's. Aja was made by a good friend.

There are a few others dotting around that section of my site as well as custom dolls and stuff from when I did all that kind of stuff. But most of them aren't on the website any more. :/

@LM - I didn't know that :D I am bad at remembering the M&S wear names anyway. Took me long enough to remember the one she wears in the animation is Country Jamboree, because we just had it with Megan and Sundance in box :/

The different names between UK and US also amuse me. It is apparently more ok for kids in the UK to have Champagne and Lace ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 10:10:16 AM »
Yeah, in the brochures "Country Jamboree" is the demin set with a white blouse with red on it and "Picnic in the Park" is Megan in the TV show clothes sitting on the ground feeding Sundance a carrot.  I think someone just goofed when it came to transferring the names to the backcards.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 10:17:05 AM »
I own quite a lot of pony wear, while some of it looks lovely on the ponies (Parade Pizzazz, Rainy Day, Great Skates) some outfits just don't suit the ponies- especially shoes and skirts/dresses.
I'd love to learn to make pony wear, when I was little I used to make crowns from tinfoil for my ponies XD

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2019, 07:28:55 AM »
I like Pony Wear! It's cute, my favourites are Flashprance and Hearts & Candy. I don't own any myself though - too afraid it'd stain. But I do like looking at others' photos of it :lovey:

Offline CactusBloom

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 08:33:17 PM »
I think it's pretty and would like to dress up my ponies! Though usually if I have an accessory, I just leave it on one pony and never take it off  :lol: I'm so lazy with that kind of thing. And I have pretty poor fine motor skills so dressing small ponies is difficult.

I do like to dress my Build-a-Bears though! And I love looking at other ponies dressing up.
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 10:46:51 PM »
I love pony wear, it's super cute! My favorites are the baby pony wear with pocket pals, like the dragon and lion, etc. My sister and I had all those sets as kids and loved playing with them. I have our childhood pony wear, found a bag full at the thrift store once, got some in a lot of someone's childhood collection and then today I gt a bag at the flea market. So I was just thinking today about pony wear and trying to decide if I should dress up some ponies or keep them all in a bag. I need to get more organized. I also got 2 moc sets on ebay and really like them. I think I'd get more moc if the price was ok.

Offline Water Lily

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Hi Everypony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 11:32:43 PM »
Never was a fan.. except for the legwarmers and some hats.
I have to agree as well as the diapers and ribbons of course
You can never go wrong with being kind. :good:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »
I like it.  I have found that I do enjoy getting some favorite sets MOC because I love the art and the pieces are then neatly displayed.  I have quite a few sets, many probably incomplete.  My cousin had a TON of it for her ponies including all the baby pony wear/pocket pal sets.  Snow Angels was a favorite set that I always put on Princess Tiffany (mom) and Baby Surprise (baby).  Some are quite impractical, especially accessories that they cannot hold on to like a baton or tennis racket.   I also find certain poses hard to put it on like CPs and SSs. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline GillysJubilee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2019, 06:51:50 PM »
I think it is awfully cute, but I've yet to run into any that I've wanted to/could buy. I have, however, been giving strong consideration to making my own pony wear. I have this broken umbrella with great fabric on it, and I want to turn it into tiny scrunchies for my Tuneful.

I tried one with a no-sew method, but it didn't go too well... think I'm gonna have to switch to a good ol' needle and thread.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 04:30:42 PM »
GillysJubilee you need to make pony outfits...I LOVE THE HAND MADE STUFF. I dont make any profit on my outfits because I love making them so much. I tend to put some of my bait ponies in the outfits to make them stand out:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline CinnamonOnions

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »
I love the concept, the outfits are great! :) I buy them when I see them.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2019, 08:33:13 PM »
Love it, love it, love it!!  I keep it in little sealed bags that I try to complete sets of.  My favourite set is Great Skates because I had it when I was a kid and it was awesome :cheer:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 06:38:20 PM »
I loved it as a kid.  I didn’t have many, but what I did have got worn out.

My dog chewed my Megan’s legs when I was little.  It made me so distraught.  So, we got the snow angels outfit which covered her up.  She’s still wearing it. 

Cotton Candy was also adorable in her pajamas and curlers.

I also used to lure my hamster through pony wear to make her look like she was wearing it.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:57 PM »
I think some of them look cute, but sadly it is pretty hard to create something that will fit a small plastic horse really good, as evidenced especially in the "Dressed like a dream" sequence when you compare the outfits ponies wear in it to their actual merchandise counterparts.
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal