collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield  (Read 46293 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2019, 06:13:47 PM »
I hope we get to see some new Pokemon soon :) I'm dying for a new Eeveelution, I hope they don't disappoint!! Eevee is my favourite Pokemon.

I'm still undecided about whether or not I'll be getting Sword/Shield. I really don't want to drop ~£300 on a Switch... I heard some rumours that they may be coming out with a cheaper "Switch Lite" at some point, hopefully there's some truth to that. That sounds more my style.

I am VERY leery of it, considering the 'jokes' being thrown around at the Scottish references, and people trying to make memes using it and Scottish Twitter (a lot of them making fun of the language, thinking we 'don't speak proper English' when we are speaking SCOTS, an ACTUAL language).

Yeah, the unfunny ""jokes"" people have been making about the UK-based setting are getting old really fast -_- Glad to see it's not just me that's getting irritated by it all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2019, 11:02:01 AM »
I hear there is gonna be a Pokemon Direct June 5th. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2019, 05:43:36 PM »
Found this announcement on the Pokemon site:

"The Pokémon Company is hosting its 2019 Press Conference in Tokyo, Japan, on Tuesday, May 28. You can watch the event live here at Pokemon.com starting at 6 p.m. PDT. The press conference is expected to cover a number of topics of interest to Pokémon fans."

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2019, 07:03:05 PM »
Yep! Nintendo's official Twitter account posted about it, we should expect a ~15 minute video!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1132994870610616321

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2019, 10:55:45 PM »
Ooh! Not sure if I want to watch it or not... I hate seeing new Pokemon before the games are released (I like to be surprised!)... But still... I wanna see the region and gameplay. *_*
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2019, 07:45:48 AM »
I like going into Pokemon games "blind", too ^^ I'll probably watch this though, it'd be nice to know a bit more about the games (plus I'm still not sure if I'll even be able to play these games ^^; Don't have a Switch).

I hope this gen has a new Eeveelution :>

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2019, 08:16:04 AM »
I like going into Pokemon games "blind", too ^^ I'll probably watch this though, it'd be nice to know a bit more about the games (plus I'm still not sure if I'll even be able to play these games ^^; Don't have a Switch).

I hope this gen has a new Eeveelution :>

I’m desperate for a ghost-type Eeveelution. *o* And just new ghost-types in general. X3

Personally, I love my Switch. :) I’m a big fan of Nintendo’s original properties. I have many, many consoles (old and new—I’m a hardcore video game junkie, lol), and I feel the Switch more than earns its place on my crowded TV shelves. Your mileage may vary depending on your interests, but it’s a solid console IMO. :)
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2019, 08:25:13 AM »
See, I'm more of a casual gamer - never really got into TV gaming for one (I prefer handhelds) so I just keep feeling like it's not worth getting something when I'll likely only be using half of it? Also I can't afford one at the moment, lol. It'd be nice if they could come out with a "Switch Lite" or somesuch. :)

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2019, 10:48:40 AM »
See, I'm more of a casual gamer - never really got into TV gaming for one (I prefer handhelds) so I just keep feeling like it's not worth getting something when I'll likely only be using half of it? Also I can't afford one at the moment, lol. It'd be nice if they could come out with a "Switch Lite" or somesuch. :)

Yeah, a “Switch Lite” would be a nice addition to Nintendo’s line-up... Now that I think of it, the 2DS was first released when Pokemon X and Y came out, wasn’t it? Nintendo always tries to make Pokemon a very accessible franchise, so maybe a budget version of the Switch will follow Sword and Shield? :)

That said, the Switch pretty much IS a handheld system that you can stick in a TV-adaptor-base if you so choose. There’s nothing really LOST by only playing handheld, if that’s your preference (except for controller options). But I understand the cost of it IS more daunting than a typical handheld. :/

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2019, 10:52:27 AM »
I'm hoping to see more Pokemon, starter evos, and the legendaries that'll help me decide what I want more.

I've also heard Gamefreak is trying to branch out to new IPs, which is good. Diversity is good for game companies. I honestly think they're kind of a fluke being known for only one franchise for so long. I doubt any other company could really get away with the long standing success they've had.

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2019, 11:06:04 AM »
I've also heard Gamefreak is trying to branch out to new IPs, which is good. Diversity is good for game companies. I honestly think they're kind of a fluke being known for only one franchise for so long. I doubt any other company could really get away with the long standing success they've had.

Is there any info yet on their future plans? I wonder if they’ll stay within the scope of family-friendly RPGs, or try out other genres... Should be interesting either way.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2019, 02:32:05 PM »
Nothing lost, I'm sure, but it's harder to justify the cost when I'll essentially only be using half of it, you know?

But yeah, a lower-end model would be nice, especially since (as mentioned in this thread earlier, I think) a lot of people play Pokemon together and the Switch isn't really at a pricepoint that makes it feasible to buy multiple copies for one household. I have a feeling they'd release one for Pokemon if nothing else, like you said ;) but we'll see, I guess.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 28, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »
I've heard of the possibility of one, but I'm unsure how much is rumor and how much is true. Nintendo hasn't made any official statements to my knowledge.

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2019, 05:26:01 PM »
I'm hoping to see more Pokemon, starter evos, and the legendaries that'll help me decide what I want more.

I don't think starter evos will be likely until later in the year like with Sun and Moon (those were revealed what, September? And the demo was datamined the next month), but I think we're overdue to see the legendaries at least. :huh: Next week we'll probably see the bird, bug, and rat for the region, basic mechanics, how the gyms will work maybe? 15 minutes is a bit of time...

Did you know you can catch Pokemon with a Pokeball? Here, let me show you in a drawn-out unskippable tutorial...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal