collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield  (Read 46192 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 10:47:42 AM »
I want an old English sheepdog Pokemon!

I think corgi pokemon are more likely. I already gave my two cents about corgis... they're cute but I'm sick of seeing them everywhere!

... I'll take the sheepdog over the corgi!

Don't see why we can't have both?

I want more horse pokemon. A kelpie would be cool.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 11:02:00 AM »

I think corgi pokemon are more likely. I already gave my two cents about corgis... they're cute but I'm sick of seeing them everywhere!

Water/ghost kelpie and a fairy-type unicorn! :whoa:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2019, 11:11:06 AM »
It has suddenly occurred to me that my daughter and I won't be able to trade at all. I'm not buying another Switch just so we can. I agree with Pokeyone. This shoulda been on the 3DS.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:13:44 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 11:16:32 AM »
If there were a Kelpie I'd die of happiness. Or some sort of Fairy horse type?
It has suddenly occurred to me that my daughter and I won't be able to trade at all. I'm not buying another Switch just so we can. I agree with Pokeyone. This shoulda been on the 3DS.
It is a shame that the Switch is a hybrid, if it were a portable me and my siblings would each have one. Us sharing a console isn't a big deal for the upcoming Animal Crossing game, but that we won't be able to trade (most likely) is a bit disheartening...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 11:28:45 AM »

Water/ghost kelpie and a fairy-type unicorn! :whoa:

I really want a rainbow-mane Rapidash variant. I had a dream with one back in my childhood and I will never forget it.

Too bad it's a gen I Pokemon and I'm really tired of all of the favoritism they have gotten and are continuing to get.

|My Collection|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 12:22:03 PM »
Why is this for the switch?  Pokemon is a Game Boy Game, not a main console game.  I didn't mind with Let's Go because it seems more like an offshoot/remake game than a main one (like Pokemon Snap or Pokemon Colosseum--yes, old school references), but I don't have a switch and don't plan on buying one just for this new game even though I might like to play it.  Perhaps later they will come out with a Game Boy equivalent or a Game Boy game that allows for importing/catching the new Pokemon.

Well the 3DS probably is on its way out. Its definitely been slowing down and the switch is portable as well, so I'm presuming that could be the reason.

I only play my Switch in handheld mode. I imagine that Japan probably plays near-exclusively in handheld too, mobile games are more popular over there.

I think the 3DS is on its last leg. The last Mario & Luigi game remake sold terribly from what I understand and there's nothing new announced for this year (the Kirby port is the only game we know of from Nintendo)

Well the 2DS (New 2DSXL) sold more better than the 3DS herein the U.K

What happened to the good old days that you can hook your GBA and GBASP to the GameCube to play Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald on your T.V

Why couldn’t they of done that with the switch and 3DS?

I held a switch in handheld mode and I couldn’t handle holding it. I think switch was a big mistake for Nintendo.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 12:32:37 PM »
I think it was time for Pokemon to go on a new console.

DS came out in '04, 3DS came out in '11. The 3DS could barely handle running sun and moon.

I love the idea of the switch. I liked the idea of the TurboGrafx.. and always wanted a Nintendo version.

I'd much rather have a system that I can play hand held AND on the TV then have to buy 2 systems that didn't connect. It's cheaper...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 02:14:33 PM »

DS came out in '04, 3DS came out in '11. The 3DS could barely handle running sun and moon.

I love the idea of the switch. I liked the idea of the TurboGrafx.. and always wanted a Nintendo version.

I'd much rather have a system that I can play hand held AND on the TV then have to buy 2 systems that didn't connect. It's cheaper...

True Sun and Moon didn’t work well on the 3DS but works well on New 2DS

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 03:05:34 PM »

I never had any problems with Sun and Moon on my 3DS.
Why is this for the switch?  Pokemon is a Game Boy Game, not a main console game.  I didn't mind with Let's Go because it seems more like an offshoot/remake game than a main one (like Pokemon Snap or Pokemon Colosseum--yes, old school references), but I don't have a switch and don't plan on buying one just for this new game even though I might like to play it.  Perhaps later they will come out with a Game Boy equivalent or a Game Boy game that allows for importing/catching the new Pokemon.

Well the 3DS probably is on its way out. Its definitely been slowing down and the switch is portable as well, so I'm presuming that could be the reason.

I only play my Switch in handheld mode. I imagine that Japan probably plays near-exclusively in handheld too, mobile games are more popular over there.

I think the 3DS is on its last leg. The last Mario & Luigi game remake sold terribly from what I understand and there's nothing new announced for this year (the Kirby port is the only game we know of from Nintendo)

Well the 2DS (New 2DSXL) sold more better than the 3DS herein the U.K

What happened to the good old days that you can hook your GBA and GBASP to the GameCube to play Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald on your T.V

Why couldn’t they of done that with the switch and 3DS?

I held a switch in handheld mode and I couldn’t handle holding it. I think switch was a big mistake for Nintendo.

They figured out how to link the DS with the Wii, so I agree--why can't they link the 3DS/2DS to the Switch?

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 03:21:23 PM »

Right. But an upgrade from 3DS > n3DS is minimal. It's not really a new console, but offers slightly faster processing.

And just to be real, I don't think it's reasonable for people to buy a $150~$200 console to play a game on a dying platform. (Or again have the game be severely compromised)-- then people just to move onto the next system. Which is switch.

Don't get me wrong, I like my 3DS too. It's way more convenient for travel.. and can take a beating. But it's time for a new console.

They figured out how to link the DS with the Wii, so I agree--why can't they link the 3DS/2DS to the Switch?

What would the benefit of that be?

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 04:53:09 PM »

Right. But an upgrade from 3DS > n3DS is minimal. It's not really a new console, but offers slightly faster processing.

And just to be real, I don't think it's reasonable for people to buy a $150~$200 console to play a game on a dying platform. (Or again have the game be severely compromised)-- then people just to move onto the next system. Which is switch.

Don't get me wrong, I like my 3DS too. It's way more convenient for travel.. and can take a beating. But it's time for a new console.

It would be good for people with mutliple players in the household. So if a family has two kids, they can both play at the same time without buying two Switches (at $300 each??).

Moving it all to the Switch makes for a better individual playing experience, but I wonder what it will do to multi-child households. It's not conceivable to buy a Switch for each child when they're so much more expensive than the 3DS. Not to mention, the inevitable price jump from $40 to $60 isn't going to help. My fiance and I like to play Animal Crossing and Pokemon together, but that's all we play. Now we just have the one Switch, so we won't be able to play together at the same time anymore. That was the main reason my fiance liked to play those games, so now I'll be solo and it just kinda bums me out :/

I have a wild theory though (and this is just a baseless aspiration, so please don't take me seriously!!) : Nintendo will come out with a console that is a slimmer, more stripped version of the Switch at a much lower price point sometime near - before or after - the release of Pokemon. Because the multi-player household thing is just too big of a glaring issue with the primary demographic - kids and their families. I just can't imagine Nintendo is looking the other way. They have to have a plan to approach that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:57:06 PM by Jocelyn »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 05:07:55 PM »

It would be good for people with mutliple players in the household. So if a family has two kids, they can both play at the same time without buying two Switches (at $300 each??).

:) I think you misunderstood the question I asked Pokeyonekenobie. I asked why what benefit there would be to a 3DS hooking up to a switch.  (I was trying to understand if it was about transferring pokemon or not).

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:10:24 PM by banditpony »

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 05:17:34 PM »
:) I think you misunderstood the question I asked Pokeyonekenobie. I asked why what benefit there would be to a 3DS hooking up to a switch.  (I was trying to understand if it was about transferring pokemon or not).

Ah sorry then, my bad! I have a general gripe about the Switch as a console and thought your post was an easy entrance for my rant, lol. Apologies :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 05:27:05 PM »

Ah sorry then, my bad! I have a general gripe about the Switch as a console and thought your post was an easy entrance for my rant, lol. Apologies :)

;) No worries.
As a mom though, I'd rather have 1 console everyone shares. It ends up being cheaper then 2+ handhelds. (because let's be real, parents play too :P ).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 05:33:12 PM »

;) No worries.
As a mom though, I'd rather have 1 console everyone shares. It ends up being cheaper then 2+ handhelds. (because let's be real, parents play too :P ).

Turn off your game and go do.your chores!  :enraged:

*kid slinks away*  :sneaky:

*switches game file*  Heh heh heh.  :devious:

In this case though it is a pokemon game and it is supposed to encourage trading.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 05:34:59 PM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal