collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield  (Read 46196 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 08:22:44 AM »
Why is this for the switch?  Pokemon is a Game Boy Game, not a main console game.  I didn't mind with Let's Go because it seems more like an offshoot/remake game than a main one (like Pokemon Snap or Pokemon Colosseum--yes, old school references), but I don't have a switch and don't plan on buying one just for this new game even though I might like to play it.  Perhaps later they will come out with a Game Boy equivalent or a Game Boy game that allows for importing/catching the new Pokemon.

Well the 3DS probably is on its way out. Its definitely been slowing down and the switch is portable as well, so I'm presuming that could be the reason.

I only play my Switch in handheld mode. I imagine that Japan probably plays near-exclusively in handheld too, mobile games are more popular over there.

I think the 3DS is on its last leg. The last Mario & Luigi game remake sold terribly from what I understand and there's nothing new announced for this year (the Kirby port is the only game we know of from Nintendo)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 08:23:17 AM »
I like Incineroar. :P Incineroar has a fun personality, one that starter pokemon never have. Starters are usually expressionless and stoic, I love seeing him be goofy, and I feel blessed that they put him in Smash over Decidueye, haha.

Sorry, but I can not stop myself from saying... I hate Incineroar. I think it is an abomination. And just when I thought I couldn't possibly hate it anymore it made it into Super Smash Bros Ultimate over Decidueye and other characters.

Its name should automatically be replaced with "it who shall not be named".

Anyway, sorry for that... It's something I'm strongly opinionated on. I tried to stop myself, I promise. T.T

I really don't care much for any of these starters. I remember there was actually a fake leak that included both a grass monkey and a fire bunny and their designs looked so much better than what we got here. It makes me sad.

Spoiler

Rumours were going around last year about a Sri Lanka region that I thought would've been cool. I felt burnt out from Kalos and I thought another European region would be too similar. The trailer changed my mind a bit, I'm really loving the countryside and forests in Galar! The best part were the caves! Maybe that's just one small area, but if all caves looked like that, I'd be satisfied. I hate caves in Pokemon games. Yeah yeah, something something Zubat, I just think they're ugly. Mountains and caves have looked exactly the same in Pokemon for 20 decades. Square formations, brown, brown, brown... sometimes a body of water, ladders... Do things like mineral deposits not exist in the Pokemon world? Why is everything made out of dirt?

You and I must be polar opposites, because I loved Kalos and definitely want more! Of course it's good that this is something a little different, it should be... But I love using European locations.

I understand that not all regions should be Western, but it would have been really disappointing if they had gone with somewhere even remotely tropical again, so I'm personally glad they didn't go with Sri Lanka.

I think the problem with GF's region designs are that they've always been 2D. Even X/Y, while being technically three-dimensional graphically, had a completely 2D framework to their design (much like LGP/E). With Sun/Moon and now Sword/Shield GF is slowly but surely moving into more 3D frameworks.

That's why the mountains have always been squarelike, even in X/Y, because they still were designing from a 2D framework.

Why is this for the switch?  Pokemon is a Game Boy Game, not a main console game.  I didn't mind with Let's Go because it seems more like an offshoot/remake game than a main one (like Pokemon Snap or Pokemon Colosseum--yes, old school references), but I don't have a switch and don't plan on buying one just for this new game even though I might like to play it.  Perhaps later they will come out with a Game Boy equivalent or a Game Boy game that allows for importing/catching the new Pokemon.

Because the Switch is essentially taking over both the console and handheld markets. While I have my problems with that happening, I don't think Pokemon has anything to lose from it because it will just force GF to push themselves.

Don't sell the Switch too short as a handheld, I've always found it exceptionally comfortable to play that way, much more than the 3DS.

|My Collection|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 08:23:54 AM »
The starters do look really generic though and I'm annoyed about them making another monkey and chameleon starter. Saw the footage for the Galor region. Looks great! Pity you'll hafta purchase Nintendo online for trading.

I missed that.. but I can't really watch/read anything till I get off of work.

Do you mean  wondertrading now costs money?

ETA: can you post your source?

I mean that the WiiU/3DS are the last consoles to have free online. 20 bucks a year is a nice price, but let's face it, Nintendo's online kinda sucks.

So... No source.

If I recall correctly not everything online was to be subjected to the subscription service. I mean it could very well be but I will wait for official word.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 08:28:01 AM »
The starters do look really generic though and I'm annoyed about them making another monkey and chameleon starter. Saw the footage for the Galor region. Looks great! Pity you'll hafta purchase Nintendo online for trading.

I mean that the WiiU/3DS are the last consoles to have free online. 20 bucks a year is a nice price, but let's face it, Nintendo's online kinda sucks.

So... No source.

If I recall correctly not everything online was to be subjected to the subscription service. I mean it could very well be but I will wait for official word.

Pokemon LGP/E were already subjected to it. Nintendo may say not everything is, but there is no way in the world that Sword/Shield's trading/battling will not be.

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 08:30:51 AM »

So... No source.

The eshop isn't a paid online subscription. But to play games with others like Splatoon and Smash for example you do need the subscription. I assume Pokemon may do the same. I never said I had a source since we don't know yet. The game was just announced today. ;)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:34:11 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 08:50:17 AM »

So... No source.

The eshop isn't a paid online subscription. But to play games with others like Splatoon and Smash for example you do need the subscription. I assume Pokemon may do the same. I never said I had a source since we don't know yet. The game was just announced today. ;)

Eh. I didn't say anything about the e-shop.

I was talking about the subscription service which they call membership.. https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/pricing/

*Shrug* I'm not sure what's wrong with waiting to hear official word. I mean it's likely, but I hate assuming stuff.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 08:51:42 AM »
I didn't say anything was wrong with it bandit. I did state that I was just assuming.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 08:52:29 AM »
As far as I know, online gameplay for every game requires Nintendo Online to play the games online. Don't see why they'd make exceptions so it's just safe to assume the same here.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 08:54:13 AM »
As far as I know, online gameplay for every game requires Nintendo Online to play the games online. Don't see why they'd make exceptions so it's just safe to assume the same here.

I think Fortnite might be the only exception. Even Tetris 99 requires the online service!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »
I get most games do, and it would make sense
I didn't say anything was wrong with it bandit. I did state that I was just assuming.
:) I didn't mean you were saying I was wrong.

I was saying in generically since now since the current comments are about the topic.

I just remember Nintendo saying not all games. And I know it's likely... But still gonna wait then.

I just thought with the original comment that there was "more" official news on the game that I couldn't find. That's why I asked for a source

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 09:39:46 AM »
I get most games do, and it would make sense
:) I didn't mean you were saying I was wrong.

I was saying in generically since now since the current comments are about the topic.

I just remember Nintendo saying not all games. And I know it's likely... But still gonna wait then.

I just thought with the original comment that there was "more" official news on the game that I couldn't find. That's why I asked for a source

I sure hope its not necessary.

Do you suppose it will be compatible with Pokebank? She doesn't have Lets Go Pikachu yet and so we're unsure if that's compatible with it and if so, how to get it into the switch since it doesn't seem to recognize our 3ds/wiiu accounts.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 09:55:38 AM »
I sure hope its not necessary.

Do you suppose it will be compatible with Pokebank? She doesn't have Lets Go Pikachu yet and so we're unsure if that's compatible with it and if so, how to get it into the switch since it doesn't seem to recognize our 3ds/wiiu accounts.

Pokemon let's go isn't compatible with pokebank. I think only from other let's go games (online or local) and from phone Pokemon go > let's go.

Doesn't the switch use nintendo ID?

This is the only info I see regarding the newest games.

"We're definitely always thinking of that kind of forward-moving functionality, especially since we've introduced Pokemon Bank," Masuda told GameSpot through an interpreter. "Now, up to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, you're able to store your Pokemon, and we know they're very important to everyone. I mean, obviously, people would be very sad if they couldn't use their Pokemon in a future game. So, it does get complicated when you talk about the details and we're still figuring it out, but we do have plans to find ways to let players use their Pokemon in the next game."
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 10:00:42 AM by banditpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 10:24:56 AM »
I want an old English sheepdog Pokemon!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 10:30:04 AM »
If the water starter was a platypus I'd be soo much happier. I'll have to wait for the final evos of course. I hated Popplio originally but Primarina won me over.
I really like the scenery of the new region! I'm a fairly casual pokemon player who just likes how pokemon look...so I found little issue with Sun/Moon. I do think that one was wayy too easy though.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »
I want an old English sheepdog Pokemon!

I think corgi pokemon are more likely. I already gave my two cents about corgis... they're cute but I'm sick of seeing them everywhere!

... I'll take the sheepdog over the corgi!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal