collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield  (Read 45991 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield
« on: February 27, 2019, 06:16:16 AM »
Hi there :D I just watched the brand new Pokemon Direct stream and : IM TOTALLY FLASHED! There will be two new games this year! Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield!
Did you see the news? What do you think about the trailer? Are you excited? -> I am :P

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:34:05 AM »
https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/

I dunno... I have think about if I wanna do another pokemon game. (I feel spoiled by let's go...) But that bunny starter is cute!! I bet it's final Evo is uncute just like litten :sad:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:49:14 AM by banditpony »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 06:53:53 AM »
If Scorbunny has an ugly final evolution I will be hurt.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 07:12:54 AM »
For some reason the direct isn't working on youtube for me. I wonder what's going on?

Ooh Scorbunny is cute! Great game names too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:15:06 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »
I'm always excited about new Pokemon games! But I'm a little less excited about these games due to the price hike in the system and games. $40 was expensive enough. I don't have a Switch yet, but I plan to have one by July-ish.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 07:36:21 AM »
I'll share the unpopular opinion that I love Grookey! It'll probably be my pick. I like Sobble too.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 07:36:55 AM »
I'm really happy to see an England region. I was worried they would go with something tropical or warm/hot (desert, Mediterranean, etc.) again.

Otherwise, I'll wait to see more before I can form an opinion over the game. So far it looks to be playing it very safe, which is kind of disappointing... But it can play it safe and be good. The problem lays in info we probably won't know until we have the games in our hands. Like will we have a National Dex or not?

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 07:40:04 AM »
The starters do look really generic though and I'm annoyed about them making another monkey and chameleon starter. Saw the footage for the Galor region. Looks great! Pity you'll hafta purchase Nintendo online for trading.

Post Merge: February 27, 2019, 07:42:05 AM

I'll share the unpopular opinion that I love Grookey! It'll probably be my pick. I like Sobble too.

My daughter likes Grookey too. Please stop making the evos ugly though gamefreak. Why do you like doing that?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:42:05 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 07:49:31 AM »
Pity you'll hafta purchase Nintendo online for trading.

I mean, if they stick with the Gen VII lack of National Dex, it won't be too big of a deal.

It's kind of funny how Nintendo removing features like that not only hurts their games, but hurts my motivation for even beginning to think of purchasing their shoddy online service.  :lol:

|My Collection|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 07:56:10 AM »
The starters do look really generic though and I'm annoyed about them making another monkey and chameleon starter. Saw the footage for the Galor region. Looks great! Pity you'll hafta purchase Nintendo online for trading.

I missed that.. but I can't really watch/read anything till I get off of work.

Do you mean  wondertrading now costs money?

ETA: can you post your source?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:06:05 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 07:56:21 AM »
My daughter likes Grookey too. Please stop making the evos ugly though gamefreak. Why do you like doing that?

I like Incineroar. :P Incineroar has a fun personality, one that starter pokemon never have. Starters are usually expressionless and stoic, I love seeing him be goofy, and I feel blessed that they put him in Smash over Decidueye, haha.

I'm really happy to see an England region. I was worried they would go with something tropical or warm/hot (desert, Mediterranean, etc.) again.

Rumours were going around last year about a Sri Lanka region that I thought would've been cool. I felt burnt out from Kalos and I thought another European region would be too similar. The trailer changed my mind a bit, I'm really loving the countryside and forests in Galar! The best part were the caves! Maybe that's just one small area, but if all caves looked like that, I'd be satisfied. I hate caves in Pokemon games. Yeah yeah, something something Zubat, I just think they're ugly. Mountains and caves have looked exactly the same in Pokemon for 20 decades. Square formations, brown, brown, brown... sometimes a body of water, ladders... Do things like mineral deposits not exist in the Pokemon world? Why is everything made out of dirt?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 08:11:45 AM »

I missed that.. but I can't really watch/read anything till I get off of work.

Do you mean  wondertrading now costs money?

ETA: can you post your source?

I mean that the WiiU/3DS are the last consoles to have free online. 20 bucks a year is a nice price, but let's face it, Nintendo's online kinda sucks.

I hope the rabbit isn't another Fire/Fighting or psuedo Fire/Fighting. Given that its a UK setting and is called Sword and Shield, I could easily see the fire starter being Fire/Steel, Fire/Ground, Fire/Fairy, Fire/Normal or Fire/Ghost. A knight rabbit could be fun and a nod to Monty Python or Redwall.

Since this is UK based I could see them expanding fairy types since there are so many legends of the fae folk there. Selkies, Jenny Greenteeth, Seelie and Unseelie, leprachauns, pixies and brownies.

@Raggamuffin. One of the caves in Kalos were based after the cave of giant crystals. :) But mostly yeah, I agree with you.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:21:37 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2019, 08:15:34 AM »

I hope the rabbit isn't another Fire/Fighting or psuedo Fire/Fighting. Given that its a UK setting and is called Sword and Shield, I could easily see the fire starter being Fire/Steel, Fire/Ground, Fire/Fairy, Fire/Normal or Fire/Ghost.

Scorbunny has a sporty look to it. It's easy to make that a fire/fighting type. I saw someone else say fire/electric, that'd be pretty cool. It would make sense too, since rabbits are fast and everything.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:17:39 AM by Ragamuffin »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2019, 08:17:11 AM »
Why is this for the switch?  Pokemon is a Game Boy Game, not a main console game.  I didn't mind with Let's Go because it seems more like an offshoot/remake game than a main one (like Pokemon Snap or Pokemon Colosseum--yes, old school references), but I don't have a switch and don't plan on buying one just for this new game even though I might like to play it.  Perhaps later they will come out with a Game Boy equivalent or a Game Boy game that allows for importing/catching the new Pokemon.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2019, 08:18:52 AM »
Why is this for the switch?  Pokemon is a Game Boy Game, not a main console game.  I didn't mind with Let's Go because it seems more like an offshoot/remake game than a main one (like Pokemon Snap or Pokemon Colosseum--yes, old school references), but I don't have a switch and don't plan on buying one just for this new game even though I might like to play it.  Perhaps later they will come out with a Game Boy equivalent or a Game Boy game that allows for importing/catching the new Pokemon.

Well the 3DS probably is on its way out. Its definitely been slowing down and the switch is portable as well, so I'm presuming that could be the reason.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal