collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?  (Read 11759 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Re: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 04:11:56 PM »
A night-themed pony; only really Princess Luna had that for G4, she's the only pony I really like from G4 apart from Cadance (but her body scares me  :blink: )

Twilight Sky os night themed.

I found him really dull in colours, sadly  :(

I said in another thread, but I really hope the voice actress for Sunset Shimmer comes back in G5, if there's a tie-in cartoon. She doesn't need to be Sunset herself; even just give her another pony as I really liked what she did voice-wise
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 04:27:45 PM »
I'd freaking love it if we could just spur off into chibi/cute aesthetic -- something like tokidoki unicorns. Ponies in a smaller size (to bring the price point down) that has that collect them all feeling... with themes of pastels, foods, animals, etc. And all the gimmicks ~ glow in dark, transparent, color changing, glitter, etcetcetc.

*shrug* Not gonna happen.. as I'm 99% sure we are getting a core #, and it's more likely gonna be revolving around the tv show.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 06:07:50 PM »
What I'd want if we had no information and the leaks hadn't come out:

-No main ponies, or at least entirely new main ponies

But of course we know this won't be the case already, so I'll list what I want with the knowledge that we have of G5 already.

-Better balance between Mane 6 and other ponies. Like having one per M6 on the shelves at a time (for kids and collectors just getting into ponies who come in from the G5 cartoon and want a toy of a main character to start off with), but everything else available be other ponies. Be it other characters who appear in the G5 cartoon or toy exclusives, whatever, just ponies that aren't M6

-More exciting gimmicks. What made the constant Mane 6 rereleases even more exhausting in G4 was that there would be so many releases with either no gimmicks or really boring gimmicks like the glitter headbands or the ribbon in the hair, gimmicks next time around should be more exciting and fun. I'd love to see the return of flocked ponies, for example!

-Ponies whose existence is based around being in a gimmick line, much like we saw with Twinkle Eyes or TAFs in G1, where their set gimmicks are just an inherent aspect of the character themselves, as opposed to with G4 just tacking say, a pearlized coat (as much as I do adore pearlized ponies) on the Mane 6 who aren't normally pearly.

-Bigger than G4s, please! A size similar to any previous generations would be fine, but G4s are a bit too small IMO. Based on the body shapes we saw thrown around for G5 in the Dec 2017 leaks, I think G2 size would be nice, as both G2s and many of the proposed G5 designs were more slender in shape.

-We know there will be a G5 cartoon already from the leaks, so Hasbro needs to actually produce things that appear in the cartoon into toys more often. Something that's always baffled me is the amount of opportunities Hasbro wasted with FiM's success in terms of this. FiM has an astounding number of secondary, side, and background characters (both of pony and non-pony species) that they could have easily turned into toys to use the cartoon to promote, yet they didn't. Or in some cases, only turned into blindbag/FiM collection ponies. Use the cartoon to promote the toys better, instead of like G4 where you get a bunch of characters in the cartoon where they never turn them into toys/only turn them into blingbags.

-Higher quality toys. No more tails being way too low, or hair that's frizzy right out of the box or off the card.

-A lot of poses! One of my biggest gripes besides too much Mane 6 in G4 was that for the longest time, there were two poses: basic standing, and basic standing with the front left hoof up. They improved this with 4.5 when they introduced more poses and changed the mold style, but the basic standing pose was still there and was still being used too much. I don't want a basic boring standing pose like what we see in G4 (or Core 7 era G3 with the Art Pony pose for that matter) again. I want the more dynamic poses like G1, G3, and a few G4.5 poses gave us. No more boring standing poses.

-Symbols on both sides, but I think that's me expecting a bit much considering they haven't done that since G2...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 10:04:58 PM »
My wishes for h5 toys:

1. we have good quality toys. I’m talking good quality plastic and not greasy, weird hair.
2. There are more ponies released than just the mane six or however many mains there are. I love the mane six...but seriously, nobody needs a bajillion rairities or reinbow dashes!
3. More play sets. Like actual play sets. Not those “the box IS they play set. Hasbro, you’re not being clever doing that. You’re being disappointing.
4. More toys based on the cartoon. Hasbro, you’re sinking money into this for a reason! Use it!
5. Cutie marks on both sides. I always found it strange how ponies only have one mark on one flank.
6. More gimmicks. And I mean good gimmicks. Flocked ponies, twinkle eyed...please more than just “she has extra glitter on her leg” or “a ribbon in her mane!”
7. Posing. Posing is important. Poses help set your toys apart from one another. It worked in previous gens. Why not bring it back?
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 10:11:42 PM »
I've been trying to be more involved in pony YouTube and thought I'd make a video going over my reactions to the Toy Fair and the end of G4 as well. If you wanted my opinion on the matter, I've got a full essay coming!

A lot of what I have to say is the obvious stuff, like QC and variety, but something I haven't seen anyone else mention that I'll talk about: better character design/art style choice. In short, G5 needs to have an art style that makes for a good toy. G4 was flawed from the start with the UPA-esque, flat style.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 04:58:00 AM »
1 - Variation in colorcombos and poses. To hell with pink/purple/babyblue.
2 - Ponies that don't look like chibi cats :lol: Give them longer muzzles again.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 05:01:42 AM »
One word: Variety.

And ponies that look like ponies :) Don't get me wrong, I like G4, but it's not the same as G1-G3

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 05:22:13 AM »
I would like to see the quality and diversity in the ponies, with al the characters getting abouyt the same amount of love. And maybe a tonn of different species.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 05:53:28 AM »
For G6....

How about Hasrro just pretends that G1 never ended in 1992 in the US? Bring back the word symbol. Just keep it going from there, throw in a random gimmick for giggles.   Agreed, new characters, who cares if they're associated with a cartoon or not.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:57:02 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 06:49:02 AM »
Is it true that there been a concept art leak? If so : does anybody have a glimpse for me please? :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 06:51:33 AM »
For G6....

How about Hasrro just pretends that G1 never ended in 1992 in the US? Bring back the word symbol. Just keep it going from there, throw in a random gimmick for giggles.   Agreed, new characters, who cares if they're associated with a cartoon or not.

I am not sure if Hasbro ever used the word symbol. I can't remember now. They definitely used other terms like rump marking and pattern and stuff...

Also, because MLP is global, and since G1 ended in 1994 in the UK and 1995 in the netherlands, technically any continuation should be from then, not just when it ended in the US release. Not least because the US had tales eps even if not the ponies.

Of course I am not really keen on that idea because continuing from that point means no more unicorns or pegasus ponies and the proto core group idea which didn't become nauseating with the tales characters because MLP ended - but really, with hindsight, was going to head that way. They are the original core seven, the original mane group. They took over the animation and the comics and all promotional media. They just didn't have the run that the later core groups have had, and thus we don't see them as annoying or repetitious :)

I am just going to ride on what has already been said and generalise, but...

I would like whatever mutation of the mane 6 is likely coming out of next to be known as Generation 4.5 and NOT as G5. Because calling it G5, if it's rehashed G4, is the same as admitting creativity in MLP is dead. And I am not ready to do that yet.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2019, 07:07:45 AM »
Is it true that there been a concept art leak? If so : does anybody have a glimpse for me please? :)

Yes, there was a big leak of emails from DHX staff back in December 2017 that had unfinished season 8 episodes, G5 concept art, etc. There was a thread about it here. I had the emails on my previous laptop but at some point deleted them (kicking myself for that as I didn't save all the information they had and am having a hard time finding them again as the original source was taken down). Still have the G5 concept art images and had tranferred those onto my new laptop, so here's an Imgur album of them!

https://imgur.com/a/LHRAe8V

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2019, 07:27:17 AM »
Thank you TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 :D thats an interesting read!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2019, 07:30:51 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/CzFwuZh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

The 4th row is still my favorite redesign. They have so much tail and err, hoof diversity :lol:

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2019, 07:50:06 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/CzFwuZh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

The 4th row is still my favorite redesign. They have so much tail and err, hoof diversity :lol:

#4 is the best! This art style is totally different from previous generations and would be great to see animated in 2D or 3D. The characters themselves look too much like G4. My ideal G5 (given these images, at least) would be row 4's art style with row 2 (or 1?)'s design!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal