collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?  (Read 11847 times)

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?
« on: February 24, 2019, 09:04:56 AM »
I recently uploaded a video about this, but I would love to know what you guys think, especially since I'm more focused on G4 than the earlier gens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMmJm9dk7BY

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 10:10:28 AM »
Well... since we have already seen the G5 designs... I'm going to go ahead and start ducking fakies now when I say G6.  :D
 :gallop:
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 10:40:29 AM »
Well... since we have already seen the G5 designs... I'm going to go ahead and start ducking fakies now when I say G6.  :D
 :gallop:

:lmao:

I want them to be ponies again.

No cloven hooves or donkey tails for the unicorns.

Good QC: Nice plastic, thick, silky hair, no wonky eyes or symbols, no crapping out their tails. The tail goes ABOVE the butt  Hasbroken, not IN the butthole.

Wide variety of characters.

Minimal focus on main characters. The occasional re-release is fine, but don't do it like 3.5-4 ever again!

More then one or two hair colors.

Symbol and pose variety.

All species. Earth ponies, pegasus, unicorns, sea ponies, flutter ponies, merponies, wingers, breezies, unipegs, bat ponies.

Distinct new sets.

Returning sets with new ponies, So-Softs, Twinkle Eyes, Pearlies, Jewel Ponies, Water Cuties, etc.

Boys in a wide variety of colors and no chopped manes. Its ridiculous.

A wide variety of colors and hues. Wanna see neon colors again.

Bigger. G1 or G3 sized.

Families.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:02:51 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 10:53:47 AM »
Any characters other than the mane 6.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 11:21:17 AM »
I just wish for toys that look at least remotely like ponies and come in a variety of poses, colours and designs. :shrug:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
I just wish for toys that look at least remotely like ponies and come in a variety of poses, colours and designs. :shrug:

couldnt say it any better!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 12:22:13 PM »
Hmmm. Tough, but interesting question. I guess what I'd most like to see is something new. Something that takes the toyline in a new direction. I'd like to be surprised, so it's kind of hard to think of what they could do to surprise me. :lol: I know I don't need to see a rehash of what's been done before with G1 or G3. But with the popularity of the retro G1s recently, it might be a good time to work some of that into the main toyline.

I feel like we are making a lot of assumptions what G5 will be like based on the leaked concept art, but the truth is that we don't really know what the final product will be like. It's not unusual for something to change drastically from its original concept to what is actually released. With MLP it's almost been a tradition (considering Bonnie Zacherle originally designed the G1 ponies to have natural horse colors. And their individual symbols was seemingly a last minute change).

That said, I see a lot in the leaked G5 stuff that could possibly be interesting and refreshing. It looks like the ponies' world might be more high fantasy than previous generations. Not sure how this is going to work for the toyline, because the ponies are still going to need houses to live in, fashion accessories and stuff like that. But maybe they'll be less modern/human-based in favor of more fantastical and nature-inspired. Maybe like some of the G2 accessories were. (I'm thinking about stuff like the flower shaped stroller and swing for the babies.) Either way, nice accessories is something I'm really hoping for since I feel they've been rather lackluster over the last decade.

I like the idea that the ponies will be more individualized than ever before. Not just different eyes and hair styles, but also different facial structures and body shapes. This would be very unexpected from a toyline that has traditionally been all about reusing the same mold over and over in different colors. But I'd like to see it done at least once. The idea to have unicorns with typical unicorn traits like the tail and cloven horns is very exciting to me. That has never been done before. Would also like to see more MLP styled fantasy creatures and animals joining the herd.

Not sure if all these ideas are something that'll make the toyline appealing to kids, or be cost efficient for Hasbro. But this was about what I wanted to see, and what I want is something new and fresh! :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 12:27:55 PM by Lilja »

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 12:31:54 PM »
Good QC: Nice plastic, thick, silky hair, no wonky eyes or symbols, no crapping out their tails. The tail goes ABOVE the butt  Hasbroken, not IN the butthole.

THIS 100% Especially the hair, please!

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »
@Lilja. You mean kind of like Schleich's Bayala line?

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 12:53:11 PM »
@Lilja. You mean kind of like Schleich's Bayala line?

Hadn't seen those before, but they're very pretty! Taking some inspiration from those designs and "My Little Ponifying" them could make for some really nice-looking toys! :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 01:27:29 PM »
New characters.

No repetition. No more core group.

And for emphasis: NEW characters.

Absolutely NO pinkie pie.

And more emphasis on the TOY line. Less on the animation. I didn't grow up needing to be told how to characterise my ponies by a cartoon. I saw very little MLP animation as a kid and I don't care that that was the case. Although I loved the comics, I never played any games in which my ponies acted out comic stories. Every time I see someone whine about 'show accurate' this or that it makes me cringe inside. With MLP, animation should match toys, not the other way around. Toy accurate animation is better than show accurate toys.

But most especially. NEW CHARACTERS.

And finally, characters that make kids excited, inspired, and imaginative again. Preferably with fewer gender-tied roles and colour schemes than the current gen. Perhaps backcard stories. Perhaps comic tie ins. Perhaps birthdays on the box like G3 had. Things that make the toy itself all encompassing without needing the wider tie-ins.

I like the fact some of G4 went for the action, adventure, fantasy. But hate that the most of it was tied up in pink and purple buildings, enterprise as fashion design and emphasis on pointless parties, galas, celebrations, things involving exploding balloons, confetti and cannons. It's a kid show so 'dark' has to be mediated, but gender roles don't have to be.

Personally I am more for fantasy than slice of life, but I can take either. I just want to see...yeah, you guessed it. NEW characters.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 02:33:08 PM »
I totally agree with what has been said- I'd love for ponies to look like ponies again.
Right now I feel as if G4 ponies resemble more of a deer than a pony. I kinda feel biased when I say this (since I grew up with G2/G3) but I adored their designs especially G3 as it brought back a G1 like design while still feeling like a new generation of ponies. G2 switched to a more realistic pony but still had that sense of fantasy and I really enjoyed that design but I think a larger G1/G3 pony design would be great to see again (sounds a little odd but holding a larger pony in hand always feels better than a smaller pony).

I'd love to see a symbol on each side of the pony again, I never understood why G3 ponies had one. Eyes too, I'm not a fan of G4's eyes either, I totally like the idea of different eye shapes but I dislike how big they are.

As Leave a Whisper mentioned, hair quality. I hate brand new dolls/ponies with greasy hair. Also no tinsel hair, I honestly dislike tinsel in doll and pony hair, it sticks out when brushing and doesn't look very appealing- well to me at least. I wish Hasbro would also aim to make a ponies hair like the hairstyle they have, if you can't do that just bring it back to when ponies had horse like hairstyles but some cut longer/shorter than others.

I totally agree with Taffeta too- no more core groups. Those same ponies released over and over again with alternate designs. A few alternate designs for each pony is totally cool but when the same characters are being released all the time it gets repetitive and boring.
I'd like to see 'groups' again for example like Twinkle Eyes, Families and So Softs etc. Scented Ponies would be awesome too! I loved scented dolls when I was little :D Neon colours too for the ponies especially the bright yellow colour that was used for Honeycomb and Surprise.
 Full playsets too not just the half playset for example front of the castle, turn it around, and it's just half of the inside of the castle- full 3D building playsets would be fun. Back cards too! I enjoyed learning about my ponies when I bought them as a kid and it always made them feel more life like

Offline SailorBrite

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »
I agree with StrawberrySundance on families and such! I like the G1 style families where the baby pony has a mix of the parents’ symbols.

I would also like a more G1 or G3 style with symbols on both sides.

And Twice as Fancy ponies! But maybe a new spin on TAFs that I see on customs... instead of having the same symbol all over, maybe a “core symbol” for each pony and then TAF could expand on that. An example of what I mean, let’s take G3 Rainbow Dash and she has her usual rainbow, but then her TAF would not just be copies of her symbol (like G1 Merriweather), but has more rainbows and colored stars and clouds mixed in. There wouldn’t have to be a non-TAF version for each pony, I’m just using this as an example so you get what I mean.

And yes, ease up on the core group stuff. More variety.

I’m also not a huge fan of the G4 style sea ponies, I’d like to see them more like the G1s which looked like seahorses. Or maybe a new style that melds both styles into something new.
Checklist   Wishlist

The most-wanted Nirvana pony on my wishlist: Baby Dancing Butterflies

Formerly known as Indigo

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 04:05:53 PM »
A night-themed pony; only really Princess Luna had that for G4, she's the only pony I really like from G4 apart from Cadance (but her body scares me  :blink: )

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 04:09:50 PM »
A night-themed pony; only really Princess Luna had that for G4, she's the only pony I really like from G4 apart from Cadance (but her body scares me  :blink: )

Twilight Sky is night themed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:38:39 PM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal