collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?  (Read 11851 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »
I am morally against mail order ponies happening again (because both G1 and G2 cut out the non North American market, which is a lot of us, and we don't need another way to make getting ponies harder because of where we live. Ponies only in stores please.

On the same line, no store exclusives. G3's winter, halloween, easter etc ponies were none of them sold in the UK because of target's stranglehold. Again, a lot of stress, money and time based on location of buyer. MLP should have outgrown that. If we're not getting regional exclusives or regional originality any more, let's cut out the regional exclusivity of mail orders and store exclusives as well and just mainstream everything for everyone.

(Not against holiday ponies. Just their previous distribution style).

Regarding the core cast garbage, what struck me with Monster High and their core cast (which is undeniably present), is that each range didn't necessarily trot out all of the characters over again. And although there are a sickening number of Lalas out there, and a fair few Frankies and Clawdeens as well, each release also included a new character or a character who had had fewer releases. Dolls tend to get away with core repeat releases more than I think MLP can, maybe because of the "dress up" angle, but I feel like the original MH, before it went pants, actually balanced the core cast with the new character dynamic quite well. You wouldn't just see Frankie-Lala-Clawdeen-Cleo in every release. There was a kind of B-cast as well who also got swapped in and out of lines (like Rochelle, maybe Ghoulia - much as I'd like to see her as core A cast, I can't, Venus, Abbey, Toralei) and then beyond that the characters who had odd releases or just one off releases. And there are a range of male dolls - not just a surfeit of Deuces and Clawds (which are there) but Garrett, Porter, Billy, Holt, Jackson, etc.

If G4 had done that - released maybe 2 of the mane 6 in each set release (rotating these) along with four new characters, and occasionally a male character as well, I think it would've worked better. I know earlier G4 lines did do something like that, but later ones just defaulted to the core which is also where I think the line started to struggle. G4 does have a b cast - Trixie, Starlight Glimmer, etc - but the balance is all wrong because pretty much every release is all of the mane 6 plus, or 5 of the mane 6 (usually lacking either Rarity or AJ as far as I can tell). And lots of multipacks with all the mane 6 in to get the new character. The pearlies were the last G4 line that didn't do that. But the mane 6 pearlies were the ones that took longest to clear here. (Admittedly Coloratura is still in Wimbledon's Entertainer :/ But yeah. If anyone in South London is still looking for her, she's there :P)

I am not a kid, obviously, so not the target audience for G4. But there's definitely a difference between how kids used to behave around MLP in stores, and how they do now.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:59:15 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 02:40:52 PM »
Longer unicorn horns! The fact that babies have longer horns then they do is ridiculous.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2019, 03:20:33 PM »
I'm going to go for a really low bar here and just say make the toys good quality again.  No gross matted hair or cheap plastic!

Offline SailorBrite

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 06:19:21 PM »
I'm going to go for a really low bar here and just say make the toys good quality again.  No gross matted hair or cheap plastic!

I just bought my first G4 brushable (Trixie Lulamoon glitter design) and oy vey, I see what they mean by terrible hair straight out of the box.  :blink: :shocked: :pout:
Checklist   Wishlist

The most-wanted Nirvana pony on my wishlist: Baby Dancing Butterflies

Formerly known as Indigo

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2019, 09:36:33 AM »

I just bought my first G4 brushable (Trixie Lulamoon glitter design) and oy vey, I see what they mean by terrible hair straight out of the box.  :blink: :shocked: :pout:

The hair can be so mind mindbogglingly bad for something that is supposedly a "brushable" toy.  Especially the tails... *shudder*

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2019, 03:53:44 AM »

The hair can be so mind mindbogglingly bad for something that is supposedly a "brushable" toy.  Especially the tails... *shudder*
tails are the worst and even more because they can't be fixed as easily as in G1s
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2019, 04:09:36 AM »
Less obvious seams on the plastic
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2019, 07:22:46 AM »
Monster High did a fantastic job of balancing the "main" characters without having them completely take over the line (well, before G2 came along, anyway). If MLP did that then I'd have no complaints about them re-releasing the same characters all the time! I really wish they'd take a leaf out of Mattel's book on that one.

As for what I want from G5.. hmm.. all I ever really want is lots of character variety, really. Give me something NEW and different instead of the same-old same-old!! More species variety would be nice, too.. G1 had flutters, sea ponies, etc and then G4 just stuck to the usual earth/unicorns/pegasi for the most part. :(

More boy ponies would be nice, too. And families!!

I would go for. 3rd row...
So from what I read they will be even more girly... Apparently we will never get proper boy ponies at all. I mean G1 did some attempt but only earth ponies. Considering us boys as lame since we had no Pegasi nor unicorns.

In the UK, the unicorn newborn twin Sniffles is a boy. So there's one :)
I didn't know that. As for Italian Gusty is supposed to be a boy too lol.

Re Unicorno (Italian Majesty) is a boy too :) But it would've been great to see some non-earth pony Big Brothers, I agree.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2019, 12:45:24 PM »
I think these have been covered, but for me...

-No country exclusives
-More colour variety
-Theme sets, like ponies with food symbols, earthly symbols, magic symbols, etc.
-Playsets that aren't "half-a-set"
-Clear release dates - a long shot, but I'd really like to know what month each wave is coming out
-If they bring back the pet toys (like Opal and Angel), include rarer/mythical creatures instead of generic animal toys

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline BubbleTea

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2019, 07:07:40 PM »
No cloven hooves please. I'm also ok with pinkie existing I just don't want her to take the entire line over. I also want more previous gen revivals and more new characters.
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Online JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2019, 10:07:36 AM »
Just got done looking at the leak.... I like the last unicorn concept art stuff if they end up going that route but I don't see them translating well to toys unless they are like breyers or grand champions.

I'd love to see more gimmicks and I'll second the monster high release mentioned they had that balanced real well between main characters and new/side character toys
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline CactusBloom

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Formerly leafcascade
    • View Profile
    • My Pony Blog - rileyspones
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2019, 03:07:13 PM »
Ideally, what I'd want in a G5 toy line (I haven't seen any leaks):

Character variety, like lots of different characters. Maybe from the show, maybe ones that are unique to the toys like some of the early G4 releases. Not just a bunch of Mane 6 over and over again.

I'd really like the actual pony designs to look more like ponies. My favorite body/face shapes were G2 and G3. I know going "backwards" might not be the way the designers will go, unfortunately for me. I'm not a huge fan of the giant heads/eyes and tiny snouts that don't look like any animal at all.

Closer to G3 size would be preferable too! Though for me, it might be dangerous to collect something bigger, seeing as how I have no more room for ponies  :lol:

I'm just excited to see the new direction they'll take, and despite all my criticisms, I love all gens and will probably love this one as well. No matter what, a few G5s will make it into my collection!
Formerly known as leafcascade
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Offline NightmareRara

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
    • LiveWire Studios
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
I'd love to see plenty of details in the new toyline, things like glitter and gems, G4 only have these in certain toylines. Like G2, they had those lovely gems, maybe G5 could have pretty details like that too? Also, quality is a big issue. I'd like to see much better hair quality. If they could do more male ponies I'd love that, and while I'm on the subject of gender, it might be nice for Hasbro to stop labelling MLP as "girly". I really hope there'll be less packaging, a little thought for the environment Hasbro! I do hope they redeem themselves after the disaster of G4.5, but that's looking unlikely.
 :sad:
こんにちは  :devious:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2019, 06:58:28 AM »
If this gen is full of pony- like ponies, instead of balloon-headed quadrupeds and anthros, and they don't do traditional unicorn tails, I'd like to see Lira Heartstrings, all the Unipegs, Seaswirl, Sunset Shimmer, Queen Novo, Haven Bay and Princess Skystar return in the toyline.

Nightmare Rara, MLP IS girly. Period the End. :mad:  The mistake is thinking that girly can only be bad, shallow and vapid. Girly has proven to be thoughtful, good and adventurous many times in the past.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:04:10 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2019, 07:08:31 AM »
MLP IS girly. Period the End. :mad:  The mistake is thinking that girly can only be bad, shallow and vapid.

I also want to add, there's nothing wrong about it being girly. And EVERYONE should be able to enjoy it. (Aka nothing wrong w a boy who likes ponies)

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal