collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?  (Read 11832 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 03:08:33 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/CzFwuZh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

The 4th row is still my favorite redesign. They have so much tail and err, hoof diversity :lol:

#4 is the best! This art style is totally different from previous generations and would be great to see animated in 2D or 3D. The characters themselves look too much like G4. My ideal G5 (given these images, at least) would be row 4's art style with row 2 (or 1?)'s design!

I love the huge multicolored wings Rainbow has in row 2. And the white to purple gradient in Rarity's hair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 02:46:20 AM »
I would go for. 3rd row...
So from what I read they will be even more girly... Apparently we will never get proper boy ponies at all. I mean G1 did some attempt but only earth ponies. Considering us boys as lame since we had no Pegasi nor unicorns. G4 tried it but in toys we had almost nothing. I like the G4.5 concept with male ponies. Although only 4 came out. The All About Soarin model is great. Wings can move. That is cool. But still so poor effort to include male ponies.... It is a shame since we are talking 2020 not 1800 anymore... Boys also can play with colorful toys.
Regarding quality. I agree with what have been said. Please make the hair last a bit after opening the box... We don't want to have to rehair or use products on them when they are still mint.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 01:24:01 PM »
So from what I read they will be even more girly... Apparently we will never get proper boy ponies at all. I mean G1 did some attempt but only earth ponies. Considering us boys as lame since we had no Pegasi nor unicorns.

In the UK, the unicorn newborn twin Sniffles is a boy. So there's one :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 03:56:46 PM »
So from what I read they will be even more girly... Apparently we will never get proper boy ponies at all. I mean G1 did some attempt but only earth ponies. Considering us boys as lame since we had no Pegasi nor unicorns.

In the UK, the unicorn newborn twin Sniffles is a boy. So there's one :)
I didn't know that. As for Italian Gusty is supposed to be a boy too lol.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline SailorBrite

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 05:43:24 PM »
Ponies whose existence is based around being in a gimmick line, much like we saw with Twinkle Eyes or TAFs in G1, where their set gimmicks are just an inherent aspect of the character themselves, as opposed to with G4 just tacking say, a pearlized coat (as much as I do adore pearlized ponies) on the Mane 6 who aren't normally pearly.

This exactly. I was pretty dismayed when I found out the “mane 6” were turning into Seaponies, since in the original they were separate beings.
Checklist   Wishlist

The most-wanted Nirvana pony on my wishlist: Baby Dancing Butterflies

Formerly known as Indigo

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2019, 06:08:54 PM »
I'm just along for the ride with G5, aiming to keep and open mind. Also, I love that the Arena allows the word "butthole" :lol:
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2019, 06:44:44 PM »

The 4th row is still my favorite redesign. They have so much tail and err, hoof diversity :lol:
Just out of curiousness, are we including the first row that is the current designs XD?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2019, 09:07:06 PM »
It's probably going to take something really special for me to stay interested in ponies after G4 ends so I'm really hesitant to say I want them to be like *this* or *that*  specifically because what I want is to be surprised by something awesome!
I suppose I can say: I like the 3-4" scale of G4 and would like G5 to stay small,
they need cutie marks on both sides, and it would be cool to see some collector focused (meaning high quality) figures.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2019, 11:43:01 PM »
I hope G5 continues the pattern of odd-numbered generations having more pony-like proportions. I'm tired of mouse-faced noodle deer.

I also want Hasbro to abandon the Core Characters concept, but I won't be holding my breath. It would be great if they could at least implement a Tales style 1:2 ratio of  main and new characters within the toy sets though.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 04:36:29 AM »
Well the original link that had been posted is kind of poor on the quality and hard for me to tell on the pony designs 100%

I know it was posted on the forums at some point but this is a clearer picture with the rows labled
https://goo.gl/8o9g8F

Now here is the thing. If they go with something like row 5 I will want to throw fakies at every single one of the Hasbro people. Row 6 is also a no for me. As for rows 2-4... eh it's a mixed bag... like I'm not much of a fan of row 4 for style reasons, but I can see if they do a mix of rows 2/3..

Either way I don't know how pony G5 will really be and that leaked image could be a total hoax since we haven't seen official design announcements yet.

Do you guys think next year they will officially show G5 toys that will be out at some point with the artwork they are going with?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 06:31:54 AM »
I hope G5 continues the pattern of odd-numbered generations having more pony-like proportions. I'm tired of mouse-faced noodle deer.

I also want Hasbro to abandon the Core Characters concept, but I won't be holding my breath. It would be great if they could at least implement a Tales style 1:2 ratio of  main and new characters within the toy sets though.

Mouse-faced noodle deer! XD My boyfriend thinks they look like applehead chihuahuas.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 06:36:28 AM »

Mouse-faced noodle deer! XD My boyfriend thinks they look like applehead chihuahuas.

Ah, these names are awesome. I like the (original) G4 pony poses etc. But yeah. I love these names.

As for the designs, for me, all rejected. Not interested in any of them. If they apply the style to new characters, then fine. Otherwise, genuinely don't care.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 06:46:18 AM »
Definitely more variety. I'd prefer no core cast, but in the end I'm happy as long as we aren't bombarded by Mane 6 toys. I never actually understand why nearly all of the toys have to be Mane 6. Plenty of popular toys these days are doing just find with a core cast. I'd even be happy if ponies from previous generations were brought back into the core cast. I'm just sick of the Mane 6 already and want to see them gone. Sadly it looks like they're here to stay but one can dream, right?

Bigger, higher quality toys. I'd prefer G3 sized ponies, and symbols on both sides! Better hair would be great. That's kinda the point of having hair, right?

Bring back fabric clothes! I hate the plastic clothes we get nowadays. They're so ugly and difficult to put on. My four year old niece can get G1 pony wear on my ponies just fine but needs help with the plastic clothes on her G4 reboot FS Applejack.

Better gimmicks. Not just making ponies pearly, or giving them headbands. I'd like to see TAF style ponies, flocked ponies, and Twinkle Eyes. Glow n Show style ponies would be cool, too. Anything glow in the dark would be fun, actually.

Keep blind bags around, just not to the extent that G4 did. Maybe just a few waves? I liked the variety the blind bags have had and as long as we don't get flooded with them and keep the variety I'd be happy.

Better playsets. I definitely don't want to see castles that are just a wall with a few levels. I want more play space and dimension. And if the playset comes with a pony, I don't want it to be a core cast pony! I was so excited that the Canterlot/Seaquestria castle came with Queen Novo and Haven Bay because they were actually NEW.

Pony Wear sold separately. I'd just like to be able to to get more clothes and accessories without buying a whole new pony.

Holiday ponies. I miss the days of G3 when there'd be winter, Easter, Valentine's, and even Halloween ponies!

Mail order program. My sister was telling me how the newest TMNT toys brought back their mail order program. From what I understand, the toys come with a code that you enter on their website and you save up points that way? I'm pretty sure Disney does something similar with their DVDs having codes in them. I feel like this would work for MLP as well. Mail order exclusives would be great, and it would be a bigger incentive to actually keep buying more toys I would think.

Tail ribbons. Enough said.

Lastly, baby ponies. Kids loves babies and babies are cute, after all.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 07:04:23 AM »
That is awesome to hear that at least one toy company is bringing back mail order programs in a new way!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 08:21:06 AM »

Just out of curiousness, are we including the first row that is the current designs XD?

I included them when I wrote "4th row". My faves are the pegasi with feathers on their tails.
If they do a reboot, I hope they will go more into that direction and less into the "anime girl face with vaque equine body" we see in some other rows. Of course, to make row 4 perfect they would still need the longer faces I want  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal