collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Reproduction Pony dreams?  (Read 3917 times)

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Reproduction Pony dreams?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2019, 02:52:43 PM »
I wonder if they'd make the 7 pony friends? They'd have the nostalgia from being on the show and equally the US market never had them which in this instance could actually improve their sales.

I'll be honest I do have my childhood ones and they're in pretty good nick so personally they're not high on my list but I could see them being potentially marketable.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 02:55:45 PM »

Edit:  I want to add that I don't care at all if the repros affect the prices of the originals. These are toys, not stocks and bonds.  For all we know Hasbro will one day start pumping out Mimic after Mimic she's worth $1 apiece; they aren't going to refund you if you spent $100 for her.  You have to go into toy collecting understanding that. 

*puts flashlight under chin, whispers*  Leeet me tell you the tale of the Beeeeanie Baby craze . . .

Oh dear, yes. Beanies o.O.

I agree. Ponies are something you spend money on, you don't use them as an investment. Or shouldn't. They're not stable and their prices could collapse at any time. You should enter the hobby knowing that. My observations were more pragmatic than anything else. I think it's fine to fantasise but if these are realistic requests then there's a need to take stock on expectations.

@aria_elwen I think the 7 Character set are the one not US sold set that COULD make the cut, because there IS animation and nostalgia and a connection across most of the world for them. My sister and I also had this set all from new in one way or another so it isn't something on my list either - but I could see them being on a list. IF the above production cost thing isn't prohibitive...at least there's an incentive for those in a US market? (Which is what BF are basically catering for).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 01:19:43 AM »
I'm happy with whatever Basic Fun does (as long as it's sea ponies) BUT I had a literal reproduction pony dream that was pretty neat, so enjoy this derail!

I dreamt that Basic Fun made "twice-as-fusion" ponies that were like two ponies smooshed into one. (I guess because the Y4 sets were too big? idk) The one I saw in my dream was Fizzy Pop, a mix of Fizzy and Sweet Pop. She had Fizzy's symbols, but she was blue with pink/yellow/white/magenta hair and, for some reason, an earth pony in the Posey pose. But the extra-weird part was that she was also twice the size of a regular G1. :blink: Not sure who my subconscious was marketing to with that one.

Moral of the story: don't eat that second piece of king cake before bed :P

Seriously though. Sea ponies.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 02:46:14 AM »
ALL the G1 ponehs!!!! he he !
but I would like to se TAFs big brothers and mountain boys and may be a big play set
(nursery ,dream castle or even dare I say it paradise estate)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal