collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sea Ponies ?????  (Read 661 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Sea Ponies ?????
« on: February 21, 2019, 05:51:03 AM »
Trying to get my sea pony inventory in order...
Help?

Are both with duck floats exclusives as pearly versions not released in the US? (Sea Star/Tiny Bubbles)
Wiki's wording on Sea Star is throwing me off...Baby Sea Star was re-released in Year 4 (1985-1986) in some European countries including the UK as a Pretty 'n' Pearly Baby Sea Pony.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pearly babies that I have...

If I'm missing pearly sea star and she was in fact released in the US (yellow with pink duck float) whats a reasonable price to pay?

Bonus picture of adults just hanging out in the case for fun...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:52:40 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Princess Fizzy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sea Ponies ?????
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:58:54 AM »
In the US we only got the original or non-pearly versions of baby sea star & tiny bubbles. Their duck floats are exactly the same for all (US & UK) releases.

The UK got both the original versions of them as well as the pearly versions of sea star & tiny bubbles. Sorry, I’m not sure on current pricing for pearly versions.

You have a lovely Sea Pony collection, I’m so jealous of your Adults!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Sea Ponies ?????
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »
It's not totally true on the floats, there are some with more text on the bottom than others, but I don't know off hand if that applies to these floats specifically, or that I've noticed any kind of connection between text amount and release.

The only baby sea pony from the pearly set that is the same between the US and the UK releases is Beachcomber. The others are all different, either in terms of which pony was pearlised or the pose.

Wiki's date is also off as we had the pearly ponies in 1987 and the original set in 1986.

Does this help or does it make it worse? :)

http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/1986_babyseaponies.htm

We didn't get pearly Surf Rider or Seashimmer in the UK set :) Your pictured pearlies all belong to the US release. And they are very cute too. And Sand Dollar is awesome.

I would estimate a price of around $10ish for the pearly versions of Tiny Bubbles and Sea Star, without float? It's just an estimate though. They are not super hard to find here, the problem is the limited distribution. Most of Europe didn't get them.

I think maybe the UK versions of Ripple, Sunshower and Water Lily may sell a little higher. In my experience that has been the case, they seem less common, especially if Water Lily still has curly hair. Not certain on that though.

I have a Sea Star in my doubles box, actually, but she has ink on her nose :(.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:06:18 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal