collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 3805 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 01:55:33 PM »
Had some issues setting it up. Wouldn't connect to my 2DS/WiiU account for some reason and I had to make a new one. Then it kept giving me error messages. The joycons feel flimsy and the plastic thin. Its a bit creaky.  Someone suggested I buy an 8bitdo controller.

I personally like the pro controller for the main controller... (And guests use the doggy controller w the joy cons)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »
I guess I'm a weird one out in that I've done like 98% of my playing of the Switch in handheld mode. It is a very comfortable handheld to play, much more so than the 3DS. I have actually been very impressed with that aspect.

I got a pro controller a year ago and I don't think I've used it for more than a few minutes. lol

|My Collection|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 05:23:45 PM »
I guess I'm a weird one out in that I've done like 98% of my playing of the Switch in handheld mode. It is a very comfortable handheld to play, much more so than the 3DS. I have actually been very impressed with that aspect.

I got a pro controller a year ago and I don't think I've used it for more than a few minutes. lol

I use my Switch exclusively in tabletop (I bought the stand that lets you charge and use USB controllers in tabletop and keep mine on that, play it while sitting on my bed). The TV in the living room has terrible latency issues, making just about any game unplayable because of the input delay. So I just exclusively use my Switch in tabletop in my bedroom.

I need to get a Pro Controller, I keep putting it off. My left Joycon's stick has been wonky for a while in that it constantly thinks I'm holding up. I tolerate it to play Splatoon 2 because I need the motion controls, while for every other game I've been using a cheaper wired controller that lacks motion. Need to buy a Pro Controller already so I can have just one controller to use for every game.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 06:49:51 AM »
I need to get a Pro Controller, I keep putting it off. My left Joycon's stick has been wonky for a while in that it constantly thinks I'm holding up. I tolerate it to play Splatoon 2 because I need the motion controls, while for every other game I've been using a cheaper wired controller that lacks motion. Need to buy a Pro Controller already so I can have just one controller to use for every game.
That's the same issue I've been having with my joycon, is it the default one that came with the system? We recently replaced that one but I don't know if our new ones are going to fall the same way.
I was going to get the pro controller but it's just...expensive. Maybe when AC comes out.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 06:54:15 AM »
I've never had consoles like N64, PS or Xbox so the controllers on the grip felt weird. Muscle memory you know. But I got the hang of it and have been having a blast with the X Legacy Collection. DD has been having lots of fun with  Pokemon Quest and can't wait to pick out a game of her own next month. She tried the demo for Let's Go Eevee and is not loving it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 07:01:22 AM »
That's the same issue I've been having with my joycon, is it the default one that came with the system? We recently replaced that one but I don't know if our new ones are going to fall the same way.
I was going to get the pro controller but it's just...expensive. Maybe when AC comes out.

Yeah it is. The left joy con is known for that issue. Not sure if it's just a problem the packaged ones or not though.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 07:12:53 AM »
Ugh. What a pain.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 07:26:31 AM »

I play my switch undocked most of the time, and holding it is... Fine. But the weight gets to me and I'm unable to play after awhile.

3DS is the same issue where I ended up playing 90% on my belly to get support from my forearms to hold it up. Can't use that trick with the switch, and really it's not a great way to play.

For me the procontroller is way nicer and easier to hold then that "dog" thing.. so it was worth it for me so my hands don't cramp.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 03:43:26 PM »

I play my switch undocked most of the time, and holding it is... Fine. But the weight gets to me and I'm unable to play after awhile.

3DS is the same issue where I ended up playing 90% on my belly to get support from my forearms to hold it up. Can't use that trick with the switch, and really it's not a great way to play.

For me the procontroller is way nicer and easier to hold then that "dog" thing.. so it was worth it for me so my hands don't cramp.

I see, I guess it is different for everyone. While I really liked the 3DS, playing games like Mario Kart on it was incredibly uncomfortable. When I played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch I was amazed by how comfortable it is.

The only game I have really played on TV mode has been Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and I didn't play that game for too long, TBH. Even still, I played it with the GCN controller, since I still had a couple of them and an adapter from my Wii U.

My Pro Controller is effectively just an expensive decoration on my cabinet. lol.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal