Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Hope this is the right forum (Pony Restoration help!)

(1/3) > >>

freezestime:
Hi friends!

I need some opinions on my ponies

What do you use to clean white ponies? (G3+G4)

I've used whitening toothpaste and soap + water, high lighter/pen marks/misc still there but I'll be buying Sard Wonder Soap to try on their hooves.

How do you straighten/de-frizz pony hair without screwing up? (G3 +G4)

I've used conditioner + hair straightener, it works a little and tried anti frizz serum + hair straightener, worked a lot more but left the hair stiff/clumpy afterwards, cleaning the hair up with repeat water/soap.

How do you get nice curls? And which of the circle thingies is best? (All gens)

Tried with a hair straightener on a MdDonalds pony, didn't work as well as I'd hope.

Strawberrysweets:
http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/
This site can help you  bit.

I find the dip the ponys hair in warm water to work good. Can it take time? Yes, I am still working slowly on one pony and right now only the white nylon is not giving up the frizz.

lovesbabysquirmy:
i curl hair using straws and bobby pins.  let it dry, then pull the straws gently out.

boiling water and a fish knife against the plastic "pores" gets the ingrained dirt out

strong chemicals like acne cream  or bleach are a NEVER

tailrustedtealeaf:
Pen marks are stains, so they need to be sunfaded. That link that Strawberry supplied has some instructions, but be sure to check in often, as sunfading is much more practiced on G1 and some have reported issues while attempting to sunfade G3.

freezestime:

--- Quote from: tailrustedtealeaf on February 19, 2019, 07:23:22 AM ---Pen marks are stains, so they need to be sunfaded. That link that Strawberry supplied has some instructions, but be sure to check in often, as sunfading is much more practiced on G1 and some have reported issues while attempting to sunfade G3.

--- End quote ---

What about sun fading G4?

The Sard Wonder Soap had a visible effect on my G3, reducing the stains so with the remaining ones I just gotta keep applying.

With my G4 pony, the sard wonder soap didn't have any visible effect, other than lightening up his skin so using it to remove stains isn't an option.

Post Merge: February 19, 2019, 08:02:16 PM

--- Quote from: lovesbabysquirmy on February 19, 2019, 06:56:51 AM ---i curl hair using straws and bobby pins.  let it dry, then pull the straws gently out.

boiling water and a fish knife against the plastic "pores" gets the ingrained dirt out

strong chemicals like acne cream  or bleach are a NEVER

--- End quote ---

So I'm guessing wet the hair, maybe condition it and put the hair around the straws, letting it dry out?

I can understand the boiling bit, but may I ask what a fish knife is?  Never heard of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version