collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: World's smallest Minty and... ??? *SCREAMS*  (Read 13545 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: World's smallest Minty and... ??? *SCREAMS*
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2019, 11:50:43 AM »
I'm curious how much smaller they are then a petite

Oh I forgot about those!  They are about the same size I think- just a bit smaller maybe.
I don't have a Petite handy to take a comparison pic, but I do recall how small they are.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2019, 12:40:58 PM »
I checked out a store that had some World's Smallest toys today but didn't see these. I really want a set.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2019, 11:35:42 PM »
OK, I just caved in and bought all 3 sets from Dream in Plastic (the shop I messaged earlier. They were super helpful and quick in providing me a quote, and the order process was smooth). They were selling them for $6 each, and international postage (and the total price too) was much more reasonable than that of the eBay seller. I cannot wait to get them :3

Galactica, that picture is super helpful and cool, thanks for sharing! :) May I ask who the Moondancer with the molded hair is? She looks super beautiful!

As for the tail replacement, may it be that the odd looks can be fixed with a little styling? The placement sure looks odd, but (based on pictures) what makes it really appear odd is not the actual placement, but that it comes straight out of their bums, rather than at an angle/doesn't have that usual 'first upward then downward' arch.

(edited to add link to shop)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:39:33 PM by Loona »

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2019, 01:48:26 AM »
The new ponies are quite a bit smaller than petites, I just measured against mine.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2019, 10:26:23 AM »
I'm curious how much smaller they are then a petite

Oh I forgot about those!  They are about the same size I think- just a bit smaller maybe.
I don't have a Petite handy to take a comparison pic, but I do recall how small they are.

;) They better be smaller, after all they are "worlds smallest", lol.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2019, 11:36:19 AM »
OK, I just caved in and bought all 3 sets from Dream in Plastic (the shop I messaged earlier. They were super helpful and quick in providing me a quote, and the order process was smooth). They were selling them for $6 each, and international postage (and the total price too) was much more reasonable than that of the eBay seller. I cannot wait to get them :3

Galactica, that picture is super helpful and cool, thanks for sharing! :) May I ask who the Moondancer with the molded hair is? She looks super beautiful!

As for the tail replacement, may it be that the odd looks can be fixed with a little styling? The placement sure looks odd, but (based on pictures) what makes it really appear odd is not the actual placement, but that it comes straight out of their bums, rather than at an angle/doesn't have that usual 'first upward then downward' arch.

(edited to add link to shop)

Sure- the molded one is the Hallmark ornament, from a couple years ago maybe.  There was a Cotton Candy too and more recently Firefly

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2019, 02:47:22 PM »
Sure- the molded one is the Hallmark ornament, from a couple years ago maybe.  There was a Cotton Candy too and more recently Firefly
Thanks! I looked up the others too, Moondancer looks the most beautiful (to me) by far, but Cotton Candy is also lovely!

I also just realised, looking at your picture again, that there's a small Glory - I managed to ID her, and now I want that book set that she came with too  ^^;

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2019, 12:16:42 AM »
Thanks! I looked up the others too, Moondancer looks the most beautiful (to me) by far, but Cotton Candy is also lovely!

I also just realised, looking at your picture again, that there's a small Glory - I managed to ID her, and now I want that book set that she came with too  ^^;

The Glory and Firefly with the books did show up on Amazon UK, so a European Amazon may be a means of obtaining them?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2019, 12:33:51 PM »

The Glory and Firefly with the books did show up on Amazon UK, so a European Amazon may be a means of obtaining them?
I haven't yet checked Amazon.uk, because luckily, she (Glory, I mean, I don't really like Firefly for some reason, so I'm not looking for her) is available on a few websites from where I can order, and these usually have better shipping fees. Funnily enough, I even found her set on a local foreign bookshop's website as something that can be ordered, with a price indication. Their price is the cheapest, so I've e-mailed them to ask if she can still be ordered (I wouldn't be surprised if they only left the set there accidentally, that's just my luck), and if the price indicated on the website is correct. I'm looking forward to their reply ^^
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 12:35:24 PM by Loona »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2019, 03:59:42 PM »

I haven't yet checked Amazon.uk, because luckily, she (Glory, I mean, I don't really like Firefly for some reason, so I'm not looking for her) is available on a few websites from where I can order, and these usually have better shipping fees. Funnily enough, I even found her set on a local foreign bookshop's website as something that can be ordered, with a price indication. Their price is the cheapest, so I've e-mailed them to ask if she can still be ordered (I wouldn't be surprised if they only left the set there accidentally, that's just my luck), and if the price indicated on the website is correct. I'm looking forward to their reply ^^

Ah, yay! Hope you can get her!

I also only have Glory. :) I am not a huge Firefly fan and she looks odd.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2019, 01:28:54 AM »
Ah, yay! Hope you can get her!

I also only have Glory. :) I am not a huge Firefly fan and she looks odd.
Thank you ^^ I got a confirmation from the local foreign bookshop, Glory is available for ordering via them, so I just ordered her through their webshop :) There was even some online discount, so the total price came out to less than 7 USD, which seems a great price to me considering they have to import it. I cannot wait for all the mini ponies currently making their ways to me  :frolic:

[ETA: they were quick! She was still available as leftover stock, it seems, as shortly after placing my order I got a confirmation that my order is ready to be picked up :shocked: I just came back from the bookshop, and OH BOY, she's even smaller than I thought *.*  :lovey: ]

Firefly though... this version of her does look odd (I don't have any issue with her normal version, and I like her pose). Mini-she (or at least her head) has weird proportions that are different from the original G1 mold, which is especially frustrating because some stock photos do show her as an exact mini replica of the original. Like this (picture not mine):

Reality however, seems to be this (pic also not mine), as this is the only version I've come across when checking actual product photos:

Yeah, her head is slightly turned to face the camera, but the proportions are different even when she's positioned to match the original pose (based on actual product photos I've seen on eBay, for example). I believe the first picture is just a made-up stock photo, not one taken of the actual product.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:29:54 AM by Loona »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2019, 07:14:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure the stock photo is an actual G1 Firefly, just photoshopped up a bit. Still irritated that they never updated the stock photos after the product was actually released.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2019, 10:19:26 AM »
It really is too bad about that mini Firefly-  we all wanted the mini replica version, not the fakie. I don't know what went wrong there, but I am glad they got it right with Glory.

I wish they'd do another one..

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2019, 03:14:18 PM »
-shrug- I like the Firefly. I think a big problem is people really got their hopes up for an *exact perfect replica*, even though it was pretty obvious the stock photo was a photoshop ^^; I wish they'd make more, too.

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »
Got all three sets of the World's smallest ponies today! Already sculpted tiny wings for firefly since I can't bring myself to leave her wingless  ^^; Can't wait to paint the wings so she'll look complete

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal