collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Caved In...  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I Caved In...
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 06:47:46 PM »
Oh no!  I know what you mean.

The babies are hardest for me to resist.

Yes and for every family it seems it's twins plus some new random baby with accessory... in my head I try to explain away this... critters have litters...

Critters have litters!!

...even the elephants I guess!
Precisely, whatever you are you will have more, unless you are a 'Lil Woodzeez, then you have just two children (not twins) plus whatever kid next hatches out of the neighborhood acorns...

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 12:40:28 AM »
(not looking, not looking, not looking)

And yet somehow I seem to have a couple hanging about in the display cabinet with my ponies - how can that have happened? They are vintage ones though. I refuse to look at the gorgeous cuteness that is the new wave. Yes I do. Definitely.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 03:01:23 PM »
Look away NightGlider... I'm uploading my baby pics.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That's not their permanent location but, I guess I do have a few.  Now they have blindbad babies.  There are a few of them I want but, that's a lot of money for duplicates. So sad.

I think the pink bunny and black cat babies are my favorites.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
They are so cute- I loved them as a kid, even the fakies.

I bought a family of rabbits for my son hoping he'd love them.  No such luck.  :huh:

They have soooo many more now-a-days, the playsets are insanely cute.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 09:35:23 AM »
You know what's ironic? There's a phone number on all the boxes for customer service, and it says "helpline"... I think it's for Sylvanian addicts. XD

I love the cats in calico dresses!  So cute.  There is tiny food in the fridge?  That's adorable.  Congratulations!

Thank you! :D Yes, all these tiny little items like milk, orange juice, ice cream and ketchup... Eeeee! :heart:

And I love the picture you posted! They are all adorable. :D

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 03:20:47 PM »
Congratulations on your collection!

I've always found these adorable, already as a child (those shiny button-eyes and soft flocking! :3 ), and I used to have a few - in fact, I should still do, but they are currently in storage somewhere at my father's. I feel lucky because I don't have the urge to start collecting them. I did buy one or two that I came across in second-hand shops and I particularly loved the animal, like a baby chick and a MIB frog boy (who, as far as I can remember my childhood collection, is actually a duplicate - but who cares if it's frogs <3 ). What I totally adored in this brand already as a child, is that even animals that weren't considered 'cute' under general terms, were available - like frogs! Finding frog toys in the late 1980s and early 1990s wasn't that easy- so frog-lovin' little me was super happy with the Sylvanian frog family. I remember one of them was a gift from an abroad vacation, but I no longer remember which one (I only suspect it was the boy), nor do I remember when and how I got the other members of the family. IIRC, I have the parents, the 2 children, and a baby boy. Now I feel the urge to find them...

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »
Aaaah this is so familiar! I used to have a small Sylvanians collection but parted with them as I didn't have any space and they were just sitting in storage. We've moved to a bigger house since, though, and I decided I could start collecting them with my daughter if she likes them when she is older.

Somehow though, the treehouse, two families and a few baby sets have moved into our spare room. How'd that happen? ;) They're just so cute...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2019, 05:02:07 AM »
I've always managed to resist these. I think they look beautiful in their boxes and on display in stores but I am not much for animal figures in general so I can admire other people's at a distance without needing to buy. I will admit sometimes I look at the tiny accessories, but I know I'm thinking of them for pony photos rather than anything, so I walk away.

Hamleys have quite an impressive display I think.

Also there were tons of these in Japanese TRU stores. Plus a whole lot of other toys with tiny accessories >< that thankfully I resisted knowing I had to get anything I brought home into my case...

My sister had a few of these as a kid, I think she may still have some of them. I remember a badger I think. I don't know for sure if she kept them. She was more into Carebears, Polly Pocket and ponies.

They do seem to be amazing quality though as toys.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 02:25:43 PM »
Grabbed a couple with playground accessories to put in daughter's Easter basket.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal