collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Caved In...  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
I Caved In...
« on: February 17, 2019, 10:37:09 AM »
And now there's no way back! :yikes:

So a while ago I posted that I really liked Sylvanian Families, but that they are too expensive for me to collect. Yet somehow (despite costing €25 :crazy: ) these made it into my house... :lookround:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AND NOW I NEED THEM ALL.  :freak: :whoa: What is it with these? Why are they so incredibly adorable? I also bought a chocolat rabbit baby with the cutest little bed, and I've been drooling over the Sylvanian section at the toystore all afternoon... Anybody else with this problem? :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: I Caved In...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 12:26:46 PM »
My daughter has golden retriever puppies. Super cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 01:06:16 PM »
Ooh, they're so cute! :heart: I've come dangerously close to collecting Sylvanian Families too, as I always liked them as a kid but never had any, then I worked for a few years in a toy warehouse packing orders, and we sold so many of them - animals, playsets, the whole nine yards - it was very difficult to hold off buying some for myself! Maybe just one playset and a couple animals wouldn't hurt... they could be a gift for my younger self - totally a valid excuse! :lol:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 01:08:36 PM »
The Chocolate Bunny family is my daughter's favourite set. They are super cute but - oh - so expensive!!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »
I started collecting these last year and I'm in love! Luckily the other creatures don't interest me much, I've stuck to cats, with the exception of the pig and chihuahua families. I'm up to 7 families now! And they're coming out with grey persians this year! :whoa:

How I justify the price: you get 4 figures with detailed little clothes for like $15 (in the US at least). G4 MLPs are that much with knotted hair and misprinted eyes! You get a set of two ponies for $14! It's a better deal to get Sylvanians. :P

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 08:42:08 PM »
I had to sell mine a few years back before it turned into a crazy addiction...  I have my red pandas and regular pandas but I chose to keep *just* them. 

I remember one of my childhood friends, her parents converted a whole wall of her room just for her collection.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 01:33:21 AM »
Sylvanians :lovey:
I had a fairly large collection of Sylvanians as a child, I still have my families but gave away most of the furniture while tidying out. I have a few of my favourites on my pony/doll display, and I recently bought one of the new cats to keep them company....and of course some little handmade outfits from Etsy for those who had mislaid their clothing over the years....it's a slippery slope :lol:
I feel like they've always been quite good value as they're so well-made and have such attention to detail, they don't feel 'disposable' in the way so many toys are. I do remember that when I was little I could never afford any of the buildings so I was always getting my dad to make me shelving units that could double as blocks of flats (I still have one of those units; ponies live on it now!).
Don't follow the Sylvanian Families Shop, London on Facebook, you will be overwhelmed by cute and parting with more money than you ever expected :lol:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 07:58:46 AM »
CC and SF are a slippery slope.  I walk by them in the store, but I know it's a delightful flocked pit of no return.  So yeah I enjoy from a distance. ;)

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 10:04:36 PM »
 :sqs: I got too many of those flocked critters of various brands... considering you can fit a small town's worth in a handbag very easy to get more families than you can honestly keep up with. I had to make up strange surnames like 'the Goldings' (golden-lab/dingo) & 'the Squirrelmunks' to eventually cut back... so good luck. :sqh: :hamster: :fox: :bunny: :frog: :penguin:

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 07:57:58 AM »
Haha thanks for the replies everyone! I'm glad that this is a common problem. :P I am currently eyeballing the supermarket owners, the mouse triplets, the koala family, the hedgehog family, the tuxedo cat family, various rabbit families and lots of little playsets like the fridge, the baby climbing frame, and hundreds of things I haven't even seen yet (I'm already eyeballing everything in advance)...  Long story short: I'm toast. XD

CC and SF are a slippery slope.  I walk by them in the store, but I know it's a delightful flocked pit of no return.  So yeah I enjoy from a distance. ;)

I think that covers it exactly, haha! :silly:

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 11:58:15 AM »
Oh no!  I know what you mean.

The babies are hardest for me to resist.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Loreofyore

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 08:16:40 PM »

Yes and for every family it seems it's twins plus some new random baby with accessory... in my head I try to explain away this... critters have litters...

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 08:21:21 PM »

Yes and for every family it seems it's twins plus some new random baby with accessory... in my head I try to explain away this... critters have litters...

Critters have litters!!

...even the elephants I guess!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 12:51:57 PM »
So this morning disaster struck. It's payday today, so I went to the toystore... A koala family, two supermarket cats and a fridge happened. :ninja: Did I get a raise today, you ask me? A bonus? Tax return? That would be a big NO. I guess I'll eat next month. Don't worry, I'm not that irresponsible, lol! But it did cost me more than I planned to spend...

This is my collection so far! I'm not keeping them MIB, I'm just waiting for the perfect moment to open them. :P I already opened the fridge; I AM SO IN LOVE. I squealed when I took all the tiny little food items out of the box! No seriously, I just can't believe the loveliness of it all! :hope: :glitter:

Offline brightberry

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 01:43:10 PM »
I love the cats in calico dresses!  So cute.  There is tiny food in the fridge?  That's adorable.  Congratulations!
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal