collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Officially the Last Season of FiM (SPOILERS!)  (Read 23260 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Season 9 Officially the Last Season of FiM (SPOILERS!)
« on: February 16, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »
Update 3/21/19:
Episode 1-5 Synopses & Discussion Links
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394601.msg1764273.html#msg1764273

-------------------------------
Update 3/8/19:
FiM 'The Final Season' Trailer (Spoiler warning!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DvEJl4Hh0
-----------------------------------------

Update 2/27/19:
S9 Teaser Trailer! (Spoiler warning!)
https://youtu.be/fR8ZXSYtDSw

-----------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/mylittlepony/photos/pb.118429394841173.-2207520000.1550362056./2652914364725984/?type=3&eid=ARBT_OO_6cr4kui5m12TTxm2kaUvm5-5lNmaCl154-fFPI-7lZ3paJVJYQjchWYSZGS0BN76-H6aSd4W

It's been such a crazy run, hasn't it?  :hope:
I'm excited to see what the last season will bring.
It's a little bittersweet for me but I've been ready for it to end for quite a while now and am glad it's finally official.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 03:42:18 PM by Flitter »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9 Officially the Last Season of FiM
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »
FIM has always been hit or miss for me. There's some episodes I love rewatching and some I've never been able to enjoy. 9 Seasons is a good run for  a show but I feel it's time to move on to another set of characters/generation. It will be interesting to see how it ends though.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 05:03:56 PM »
I’m glad, TBH.  Though I’m hoping we don’t get stuck with the same characters for the next generation. 

Online Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 08:14:03 PM »
Definitely a little bittersweet, but it’s time for these characters to rest :) 9 seasons is an impressive run, and overall I enjoyed the show! I’m excited to see how they will wrap everything up.

I just hope the next chapter brings all new characters and not reboots. Frankly as sick as we all are of them toy wise, they were well loved by their fans and I think it would be best to let them officially retire and not try and revamp them!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 10:49:34 PM »
     Yeah, it is a bit sad. G4 was what got me into the pony scene, and got me interested in a career in animation. It is bittersweet, but after this crazy run, it is time to say goodbye. 9 years, a spin off, one movie (now confirmed 2)... it’s been a good, long run.
     I am quite curious as to How season nine, and the final episode will go. I hope they do it well, and I hope it satisfies our expectations of an ending. Do it justice, Y’know? And please, let’s have a full reboot for g5. I love the mane six, but I honestly cannot have another revamp full of them and the sea of re released figures. Let them retire, and stay retired for a good while.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Bright_Glow

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 07:57:18 AM »

Well, I guess as they used to say everything good need to end once. I remember when the first news about the My little pony Friendship is Magic came here to the MLP Arena forum after the terrible G3.5 episodes. I'm pretty sure that FIM burnt a deep memory in the fandom and the history of MLP so the memories, the fanarts and the fanfictions will remain with us and hopefully there will be a crossover with the next generation MLP too.

To be honest, I'm a bit jealous for the huge fandom the FIM could creat even bigger fandom than the earlier generations but I guess this is the evolution of the show even if many bronies ignores the previous generations.

Well, I guessed that the show is coming to the end when Hasbro announced the Movie so somehow I counted for it to happen.

Some of my disappoints of the show:
-The young six came too late even if this show is about ponies I still found it to be refreshing to have other creatures in the focus.
-Babs Seed, Moondancer and the Canterlot five. I wish their story would more than just one episode even if they are just background ponies.
All in all, I really enjoyed this 9 years and I'm looking forward to the next generation of My little pony.

PS: I think even the fandom sturted to exhausted by now. I mean the best tumblrs almost all ended by now, even Motheryscootalo.

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 08:38:46 AM »
Honestly, I'm finding it hard to even convince myself to watch the rest of Season 8. I got annoyed with how tailored the show became to Bronies among other things. The show is what got me into MLP, but thankfully I came to love the franchise as a whole later on. Hopefully G5 brings us more varied toys and less Brony pandering. Somehow I don't think I should get my hope up for either of those happening, though. =(

|My Collection|

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 10:29:32 AM »
It's been limping along the past few years here, with writing that just obviously doesn't compare with the first several seasons. Like Harmonie above I just can't watch the rest of season 8 even as background noise when I exercise.

Personally I prefer it when shows end at a point where the quality is still high rather than drag on longer as writing and stories degrade just to grab more cash, but I know some would rather have a 5/10 season than none at all.

Overall though I was very excited by fim for the first 4-5 seasons I'm glad to see it go, be gone be done. I'm ready for something totally different but I know hasbro is likely too concerned with getting more brony money to stray too far.

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 10:29:51 AM »
Maybe this means we can go back to being a community instead of a 'fandom'.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Bright_Glow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
Maybe this means we can go back to being a community instead of a 'fandom'.

I quite liked but this brony thing at the beginning but it quickly became irritating how many of these newcomers talked about the previous generations like like G1, G3 and G3 wasn't the part of the evolution which led to the great 4th generation MLP.

Thanks to SDS and Valerie for my avie and sigs

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 03:17:58 PM »
If this is the case, then it is sad, because G4 means a lot to me, but the G4 that mattered ultimately to me was Season 1 to Season 3 (or 4) with the stuff I liked from the later seasons thrown in.

I'm actually hoping that the better bronies will remain as part of the fandom, and continue to do some awesome stuff for G4 and the previous generations (and the latter ones if they choose to) - I hope G5 onwards gets a decent fandom/community (same thing to me), regardless of what I end up thinking about it, but I ultimately know that the love for G4 won't end when the show does.

I'm still going to be working on my G4 project (in fact, it's ultimately a multi-gen project in the guise of a G4 one.)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 04:31:48 PM »
Since everyone is writing their piece on the show, I will too:
I remember coming home from volunteer work at my Church because I wanted to catch the first episode of the new MLP show, because I remember my sisters having some from childhood and it looked interested. I was 11 when the show first premiered, and I was hooked instantly.
This was my introduction into MLP, and although I look upon G4 with a bit of sadness at what could have been in the toyline, the first seasons of the show are drilled into my mind and I can't forget the first year of me looking for all of the characters in the mane 6. I remember I got Fluttershy last, and I remember picking up my first MLP toys (Canterlot set with Starbeam Twinkle and Blossomforth).
The show has had a huge impact on me growing up from middle school to entering college, and I can't wait to see how the community will evolve once all is said and done.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 06:03:16 PM »
Will there still new ponies after this comes to an end? Or do you think Hasbro is done with ponies?

Offline lalalei2001

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 07:10:31 PM »
Will there still new ponies after this comes to an end? Or do you think Hasbro is done with ponies?

There's a new movie coming out in 2012, which a lot of people think will be an introduction to G5, so there'll definitely be ponies in some form.

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 11:49:02 PM »
To tell you the truth I should probably be glad but let's be honest, G5 is just going to be continuation of it so it's not like much will change...
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal