collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Officially the Last Season of FiM (SPOILERS!)  (Read 23432 times)

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Kind of a cruel one, given that Celestia know Twilight is an anxious pony and has long doubts about her title.

I'm guessing it's a fakeout by King Sombra. Remember the nightmare dark magic vision from the Crystal Empire episodes? (The one where Twilight had a vision of Celestia being angry, cold and disappointed in her)

I doubt this will be a magic vision sort of thing. More like the creators following the Trolestia idea... I guess
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Kind of a cruel one, given that Celestia know Twilight is an anxious pony and has long doubts about her title.

I'm guessing it's a fakeout by King Sombra. Remember the nightmare dark magic vision from the Crystal Empire episodes? (The one where Twilight had a vision of Celestia being angry, cold and disappointed in her)

I doubt this will be a magic vision sort of thing. More like the creators following the Trolestia idea... I guess

I thought maybe Chrysalis or some other changelings might be behind it. Everyone keeps saying they want her to come back. (Haven't watched the past couple finales, not sure what the big deal is with her...)

Some sort of bad guy.

Maybe... Bad Guy disguises as the Princesses (or hypnotizes them) to tell Twilight they're retiring, Twilight becomes leader and when she's vulnerable due to stress, the Bad Guys take over, and the Mane6 rise up and defeat them. Celestia and Luna congratulate Twilight for being such a good leader and she becomes the ruler of Equestria for Real... and the rest of the Mane6 become alicorns, of course. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I can't realistically see Celestia and Luna permanently retiring and leaving Twilight and her friends to rule everything. I think Shining Armor and Cadence would be better rulers than Twilight since they actually rule the Crystal the Empire and Shining Armor was Captain of the Caterlot guard and also seems to be Captain of the Crystal Empire guards.

I have a feeling the season opener will end with Twilight not really being in charge of Equestria and Celestia and Luna staying in power.

Is anyone else slightly confused by the line about "the longest period of peace" How long of gap is supposed to be between the season 8 finale and Season 9?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
I thought maybe Chrysalis or some other changelings might be behind it. Everyone keeps saying they want her to come back. (Haven't watched the past couple finales, not sure what the big deal is with her...)

Some sort of bad guy.

Maybe... Bad Guy disguises as the Princesses (or hypnotizes them) to tell Twilight they're retiring, Twilight becomes leader and when she's vulnerable due to stress, the Bad Guys take over, and the Mane6 rise up and defeat them. Celestia and Luna congratulate Twilight for being such a good leader and she becomes the ruler of Equestria for Real... and the rest of the Mane6 become alicorns, of course. :P
I still would not give the creators that much credit lol. But then again I haven't watched FiM for several seasons :P

Is anyone else slightly confused by the line about "the longest period of peace" How long of gap is supposed to be between the season 8 finale and Season 9?

Ponyfan
That's a good question actually... I think sometime after the first season there was speculation on how much time actually passed in the show. We don't have much to go by I think to really find out how much time has passed... and basically where this "longest period of peace" actually starts...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile

Ponyfan
That's a good question actually... I think sometime after the first season there was speculation on how much time actually passed in the show. We don't have much to go by I think to really find out how much time has passed... and basically where this "longest period of peace" actually starts...

Lol that's so true! Has the 'longest period of peace' seriously only been like what... 1-10 years? :P
I can't remember which season it was, maybe 5 or 6, but there was an episode with them celebrating the Summer Sun Celebration and how it had been 1 year since Twilight arrived in Ponyville. So it really doesn't seem like it's been that long at all, not that I think the writers pay any attention to the timeline of the show...

I would like it to be that it's Chrysalis pretending to be Celestia but then- why would Luna be there going along with it? (Since Chrysalis no longer has any changeling followers). I also just don't think they would do that, they've never really hidden any kind of big twist like that before. E.g. before Season 3 started they pretty much started advertising that Twilight would become a princess.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Chrysalis would certainly explain the change of expression on Celestia's face when she says's she's retiring; that expression change tells me this is some sort of hoax, troll or dream.

It might be Chrysalis teaming up with someone else, if that is what it is. The comics have all sorts of villains that might do that, and I could see them bringing in a comic villain to spice things up.

All 6 becoming alicorns would be hilarious XD
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:59:55 AM by Lady Frostbite »

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Chrysalis would certainly explain the change of expression on Celestia's face when she says's she's retiring; that expression change tells me this is some sort of hoax, troll or dream.

It might be Chrysalis teaming up with someone else, if that is what it is. The comics have all sorts of villains that might do that, and I could see them bringing in a comic villain to spice things up.

All 6 becoming alicorns would be hilarious XD

A dream would make more sense because if it's a hoax, Celestia's not hiding it well.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I'm sorry but this just made me laugh. It's probably just gonna be the season starter double episode.

Notice the lack of Cadence and Flurrykins. I need new powerful queen Flurry to take control!

PS: From a casual fan point of view, the princesses are useless leaders considering the villains always managed to subdue them and Twilight and friends had to step in and save them. So it's kinda logical they would just piss off to Heaven one day and leave everything to Twilight  :lol:
Luna always had a thankless job that she didn't do for centuries. Like, who needs a dream guardian? At least Cadence was a princess who guarded a powerful magical artifact in her city/castle. She had a real kind of job.

PPS: When they were all building that castle first thought was "and here is the new playset" :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
The reformed Changelings still have the power to shapeshift into other creatures but I don't see any of them leaving Thorax and joining Chrysalis since Thorax showed them that Chrysalis was basically starving them to keep them under her control.

I think Sombra has joined forces with Tirek, Cozy and Chrysalis  (and possible Grogar) and somehow they've either put Celesita and Luna under some type of spell or this Celestia and Luna aren't the real princesses.

From the first trailer it looks like Sombra is going to try to kidnapp Baby Flurry Heart so that the love for her that keeps the Crystal Heart engergized and protects the Empire will start to break down.

Did anyone else see the two ponies in the Sombra masks walking beside King Sombra?

Maybe that line about the "longest period of peace" is a clue that the Celestia we see isn't the real one?

Ponyfan

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
"Comments are disabled for this video"

Gee, wonder why.

Probably because they couldn't delete the slurs and death threats fast enough. Good on them! It's a kids cartoon, not world politics.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
The reformed Changelings still have the power to shapeshift into other creatures but I don't see any of them leaving Thorax and joining Chrysalis since Thorax showed them that Chrysalis was basically starving them to keep them under her control.

This is why, despite not being a fan of the series, I kinda want to write a fanfic repainting that and pointing more towards Chrysalis not letting them reach Sparklebug form because there's a downside, for example their life psan is DRASTICALLY shortened in that form (similar to some male bugs that die fairly soon after adulthood/maturity). It's possible she has a secret second brood, we saw Pharynx was in his original form and had a lot of trouble adjusting to Thorax' regime before Fwendship showed him the way. Big villains have teamed up a few times in the comics, it would make sense that Chrysalis would team up with another to destroy STarlight, if no-one else.

... Wait, was Starlight in that trailer at all?

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile

This is why, despite not being a fan of the series, I kinda want to write a fanfic repainting that and pointing more towards Chrysalis not letting them reach Sparklebug form because there's a downside, for example their life psan is DRASTICALLY shortened in that form (similar to some male bugs that die fairly soon after adulthood/maturity). It's possible she has a secret second brood, we saw Pharynx was in his original form and had a lot of trouble adjusting to Thorax' regime before Fwendship showed him the way. Big villains have teamed up a few times in the comics, it would make sense that Chrysalis would team up with another to destroy STarlight, if no-one else.

... Wait, was Starlight in that trailer at all?

I think it's possible that there are some Changelings that either weren't in the hive when Thorax and Starlight defeated Chrysalis or she might have infiltrated Thorax's kingdom and recruited some younger Changelings (same age as Ocellus) and made them loyal to her. In that episode where the Young Six faced their greatest fears Ocellus was a afraid of turning in to another Chrysalis.

I don't see Starlight in the trailer either.

Ponyfan

Offline TJgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • An open-minded adventurer.
    • View Profile
Perhaps the longest period of peace may be referring to the longest time ponykind and all the other creatures have lived in harmony? I don't know.

I am on the boat that the princesses retiring isn't too bad of an idea, given that they're pretty much useless at this point. Though I do wonder if Luna will no longer be helping ponies in their dreams. Is that magic that can be taught to Twilight?

As for the trailer as a whole, I can appreciate the show staff wanting this final season to take a more somber tone, as opposed to the more epic, action-packed advertising we've recently had in the past. I am glad this show is ending, but I still look back at my early years with this show and smile.   :lookround:
They: You're too old to watch that show!
Me: Can't hear ya, I'm asleep.

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I like how we always have the same people in these threads saying they are no (longer) fans or that they don't watch FiM at all but at the same time seem to be still interested in it.
Will you guys hatewatch the final season? :lol:

I quit FiM when they announced Tirek and only came back to it 2-3 seasons later. I have now finally seen all episodes I missed and I have to say in each season there have been dumb ones and good ones. Don't understand why people say S4 was the last good one when in ended in a stupid Dragonball "check his powerlevel" fight :lol:

I have a hunch we'll be getting a few more "old" characters returning and a lot loose ends tied up in a hurry to appease as many fans as possible.
But we won't end with Queen Twilight. Come on, if they really want G5 to use the same core cast, why would they make her super powerful that rapidly just to turn her into an Earth pony one year later. That would cause backlash and not from adult whiners but the core audience of girls who remember Twilight as having powers and liking her that way. It would be like Disney suddenly saying Elsa got the mutant cure and was a regular woman from now on.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:05:50 AM by Zapper »

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
I'm sad to see it over but glad the drawn out plot broken by the movie is going to be over.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal