collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Officially the Last Season of FiM (SPOILERS!)  (Read 23543 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Equestria run by Twilight and company?  And I meant an apocalyptic ending as a joke.  Please let this is be a Celestia troll.

I don't watch FIM as a rule and I won't watch this season either, but I did watch the trailer and something struck me. There's a difference between harmony and friendship in the real world. I think that's what's wrong with FIM. The two have to be interlinked. Harmony is about difference but mutual respect. It's not about befriending everyone and making them all agree on that core value.

I felt watching that clip that...I've been teaching students about societies like that this term. You know, when a group takes ideological control of the whole nation and then imposes their thought processes...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Conflation has been a problem with this series from the beginning.  It's just gotten worse as the show tries to apply its simplistic ideology to more complex issues.  There's a massive difference between minor squabbles between friends and the issues of nationalism, race, and other thorny subjects this show has stumbled through.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DvEJl4Hh0

I feel like it really puts into perspective how little Hasbro themselves puts into the franchise comparing how the FiM staff is treating G4 ending with this huge ending to its cartoon, compared to how Hasbro treats G4 ending (and really the past few years of G4 really) with the underwhelming display we saw at this years' Toy Fair. I do hope that the laziness we've been seeing from Hasbro really is just them caring less and putting less effort in because it's the end of the generation as opposed to how they'll plan on handing G5 as well.

Spoiler
From this new trailer it looks like my guess about Sombra and the other villains teaming up might happen.

I'm not sure how I feel about Celestia and Luna deciding to let Twilight and her friends rule all of Equestria It was nice to see the Young Six again though and it looks like they might be able to use the Elements of Harmony along with Twilight and her friends.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Equestria run by Twilight and company?  And I meant an apocalyptic ending as a joke.  Please let this is be a Celestia troll.

This made me laugh out loud  :lol: Ha! You're so right, it's bizarre. And I have never found Twilight to be a good leader. She's better in the background, researching magic or whatever (like Sunburst)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
*Hasbro: we need to bring MLP:FiM to a close. Suggestions?
*Writers: Let's have the 2 IMMORTAL princesses who are literally in charge of raising the sun and moon and loads of other stuff like running the whole kingdom ... RETIRE!
*Hasbro: Perfect! This will appeal to all the fans who are a) kids and b) young adults who can't even picture retirement yet. But, how does this work with our Mane 6?
*Writers: We have Twilight (who has her hooves full with her SCHOOL and being the princess of friendship for the entire kingdom and has ZERO governing experience) and her friends (who have their OWN freakin' adult jobs and help her out on things because = friendship) take over as the new ruler/s.
*Hasbro: nods. This is logical. We've been grooming Twilight as Celestia's apprentice since day 1 anyway.
*Celestia: So....what do we do with our endless, immortal retirement? Vacation on the Moon?
*Luna: ....
*Celestia: Too soon?

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
*Writers: Let's have the 2 IMMORTAL princesses who are literally in charge of raising the sun and moon and loads of other stuff like running the whole kingdom ... RETIRE!
*Hasbro: Perfect! This will appeal to all the fans who are a) kids and b) young adults who can't even picture retirement yet. But, how does this work with our Mane 6?
*Writers: We have Twilight (who has her hooves full with her SCHOOL and being the princess of friendship for the entire kingdom and has ZERO governing experience) and her friends (who have their OWN freakin' adult jobs and help her out on things because = friendship) take over as the new ruler/s.
*Hasbro: nods. This is logical. We've been grooming Twilight as Celestia's apprentice since day 1 anyway.
*Celestia: So....what do we do with our endless, immortal retirement? Vacation on the Moon?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But yeah, having Twilight run the school and the entire country, as well as the other Mane 6 ponies helping her with that (and still the school???) and their other jobs? The poor girls aren't gonna have any free time!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But yeah, having Twilight run the school and the entire country, as well as the other Mane 6 ponies helping her with that (and still the school???) and their other jobs? The poor girls aren't gonna have any free time!

Rainbow Dash has the most going on for her, between the weather, Wonderbolts, the School, and now being a ruler of Equestria. Wasn't she supposed to be the slacker? :biggrin: How does this affect someone like AJ who's so family-oriented? Sorry Apple Bloom, Big Mac, and Granny Smith...

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Rainbow Dash has the most going on for her, between the weather, Wonderbolts, the School, and now being a ruler of Equestria. Wasn't she supposed to be the slacker? :biggrin: How does this affect someone like AJ who's so family-oriented? Sorry Apple Bloom, Big Mac, and Granny Smith...

Oh yeah, Rainbow's got a ton of responsibilities! None of the Mane 6 are gonna have time to do anything fun anymore, haha. I kinda feel bad for them! Every day is just gonna be work, work, work for all of them!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Oy vey. Guess should not expect too much from this. Was hoping for a different route but that's just my 80's/90's side working on how shows would end their run if they had been able to....
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
I'm glad I was able to sabotage this trailers cheap attempt at emotional manipulation by pointing out the actual implications of what we were shown.  You're welcome everyone.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
I think I'll be renaming Twilight's School of Friendship Swiss Cheese Academy because it has some serious holes in its curriculum and will have even more this season.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I think I'll be renaming Twilight's School of Friendship Swiss Cheese Academy because it has some serious holes in its curriculum and will have even more this season.

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
"Comments are disabled for this video"

Gee, wonder why.

I really don't think this is a good idea. I'm with the others; what would the Princesses do in retirement? Poor Luna; she's been back from the moon for a couple of years and yeah guess what, retirement. Yeesh. Plus, take it that means Cadance doesn't rule the Empire? Did Celestia think she could lock all 6 to being co-princesses despite their own careers and dreams?

I'm hoping it's a troll, otherwise the internet will blow up with this more than they did with Alicorn drama  :pout:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
this could be a really funny comedy episode if this was a test by celestia
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
Kind of a cruel one, given that Celestia know Twilight is an anxious pony and has long doubts about her title.

I'm guessing it's a fakeout by King Sombra. Remember the nightmare dark magic vision from the Crystal Empire episodes? (The one where Twilight had a vision of Celestia being angry, cold and disappointed in her)

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal