collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY toy fair - February 2019  (Read 22294 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: NY toy fair - February 2019
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2019, 12:07:09 PM »
I wish the Flutter Ponies included Rosedust. I know she wasn’t along until year 4 of the Flutter Ponies, but I had a canteen with Rosedust but never had her as a pony.
I still want this canteen, and the Princess Tiffany one!  I want Rosedust too!  She's my favorite, and the queen. 

I do want Lemon Drop because mine has saddle sores but I do not want multiple Pretty Parlors.  I am tempted to get one for my daughter for when she is older along with a few select other ponies.  Or maybe I will give her LD's Pretty Parlor and keep LD for myself lol.  That might work.  I want to get her a playset to play with but do not want a million PPs or Peachys hanging around for that matter.  Peachy is a dime a dozen from the 80s already.  I only got the PP for myself because mine is broken and I never had it as a kid.  I have never had interest in getting the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique or G1 LPS parlor because it is not my favorite playset.  I was never into doing hair, mine or ponies so it did not really interest me.  The only reason I got it for G2 MLP is because the US had so few G2s released and I like Ivy.

I would love to see TEs, TAFs, and baby ponies.  I am really wanting babies.  I would love there to be a Lullabye Nursery from BF, especially for my daughter.  I think PE would be too big/much but the nursery is still my favorite playset along with the Baby Bonnet School of Dance.  I still think they should get with Ruth Bush and make the Flutter Hideaway playset if they make the Flutter Ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SailorBrite

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2019, 02:21:31 PM »
I feel you Nessa, I looked at eBay and there was one Rosedust canteen and they wanted $50 for it. :( pretty sure mine got donated a long time ago.
Checklist   Wishlist

The most-wanted Nirvana pony on my wishlist: Baby Dancing Butterflies

Formerly known as Indigo

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2019, 04:18:05 PM »
I feel you Nessa, I looked at eBay and there was one Rosedust canteen and they wanted $50 for it. :( pretty sure mine got donated a long time ago.

Ouch! :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2019, 03:01:18 AM »
Also, the thought of mint twinkle eye ponies with unscratched eyes *drools*
Yesss. I want a Sweet Stuff re-release so bad :lovey:

Sweet Stuff, Gingerbread, Locket and Quackers.  :frolic:

My all-time favorite pose is Fizzy's, so I'm lighting candles all over the place for a Fizzy, Galaxy, Speedy (and why not a Mimic in that pose..? Or Gingerbread as a unicorn, that would be fantastic; she has such a bright color scheme!)  :lovey:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2019, 09:14:00 AM »
Fizzy is my favorite too, but I already have one.

The answer to why not a Gingerbread unicorn is simple. These are reproductions, not prototypes,  customs or nirvanas.  :)

Argie Gingie sure is gorgeous though! It would be neat for them to make ones that appeared in other countries.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:16:51 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2019, 02:22:12 PM »
I saw both for sale on eBay a couple years ago together for like $35 but I kept hemming and hawing about paying that much and then they were gone. Really regret that now.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2019, 12:03:32 PM »
I am enjoying all these retro re-releases, but....

QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY!!!

I've passed up so many of the ones out now because the color is off, the paint is bad, the hair looks awful...it goes on and on.  I shutter to think that atrocities will happen with the flutters, if they do make them...

I still love seeing them, though.  Brings back memories, seeing ponies MIP in the toy aisle... :)
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2019, 12:20:43 PM »
Aside from the discolored scented rainbows, the quality is really good Squirt. The hair is silky n thick, the plastic, while a tad harder is nice, the eyes look good, the glitter is good.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2019, 01:30:55 PM »
Beauty - and perfection - is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

I don't have any issues with the ones I have either. None of my rainbows are discoloured (yet - I have Windy boxed and Windy, Parasol and Moonstone loose). My CPs are more beautiful than the originals which are tired and worn now, bless them.

I can't comment on the rest as we don't have them yet. But even if there are imperfections, so long as we get them, I will be happy. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2019, 02:19:40 PM »
I think it's a "grass is always greener" thing.  A certain percentage of any mass-produced toy is going to have flaws . . . It happened with G1s too.  I used to have a MOC Beach Ball and her symbol paint was very rough looking and she had black marks across her back.  And I have a Princess Royal Blue where half of the black part of her eye is covered with a big splotch of blue paint.

It's easy to overlook how many G1 ponies had little flaws because, as collectors, we can pass over the 'imperfect' ones on eBay or wherever.   Personally I think the quality of the Basic Fun ponies is great. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2019, 04:15:38 PM »
I am enjoying all these retro re-releases, but....

QUALITY, QUALITY, QUALITY!!!

I've passed up so many of the ones out now because the color is off, the paint is bad, the hair looks awful...it goes on and on.  I shutter to think that atrocities will happen with the flutters, if they do make them...

Eh?
Do you not like the colors, or are you speaking of the discoloration. They aren't going to be 100% duplicates of the past, but honestly they are higher quality (compared to the current MLP line).

I guess I'm thrown off by your comment calling out hair, as I think the hair is really nice. It's not thin, and it's colorful, and it feels fine. (It might need to be styled, but that's not really a big deal).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2019, 04:20:05 PM »
I have the scented Moonstone, who is supposedly the worst of the bunch, but mine doesn't look that bad! She doesn't look yellowed to me. I haven't had any issues with my repros, actually.

Moonstone doesn't smell that much either. But maybe that's just me. :P Or is it everyone else who has a sensitive sense of smell? I haven't been able to smell her unless I go up to her directly.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2019, 10:24:46 PM »
So far, so good my scented ponies are fine and looking good. Really want to debox Sky Dancer but am afraid I won't find another to have MIB. And I really don't want to pay prices on eBay. The trials of a collector. :p
Some scents I'm fine with it's just a case of smelling anything if I can before I buy. Ignore the guy in the candle section snuffling the selection. I've saved myself from some truly horrific scents in my home.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2019, 11:45:36 PM »
Does the plastic of the flutter wings seem to be plain translucent instead of the borealis finish the originals had?   I'm not worried if the wings are the same breakable material as the originals since these ones would be for collecting rather than me playing with them, their wings will be very safe.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2019, 04:24:45 AM »
Does the plastic of the flutter wings seem to be plain translucent instead of the borealis finish the originals had?   I'm not worried if the wings are the same breakable material as the originals since these ones would be for collecting rather than me playing with them, their wings will be very safe.
They do seem to be translucent but I'm fine with that as I would rather not have the wings break in a move or accidental fall. They may not be the final product either.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal