collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY toy fair - February 2019  (Read 22207 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: NY toy fair - February 2019
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2019, 01:29:54 AM »
those flutter wings look as tough as nails and built to last :lol: bridge direct sure are listening aren't they.

But that's the problem as well. Flutters are a risky choice of retro because getting the wings so they don't break but don't disappoint is going to be a challenge.

I am also concerned about whether they will have the right sparkle. There is an irridescence to the original wings which, as I mentioned before, is easily dulled by layers of dust, discolouration...and perhaps overly thick reproduction :/ While I absolutely accept the flutters could not be rereleased with wings as flimsy as those we grew up with, I would still rather they didn't make the set than compromised on the delicacy and beauty of the set's main feature.

How you do that I don't know, I'm not the manufacturer. I just think it's a gamble.

I shouldn't worry, if they do make them, I'm sure they will dazzle.

Have you walked into places like Smiggle where even their mermaid themed notebooks have that ultra-shiny Aurora Borealis (AB) plastic on them?

I'm confident that they have the resources to make them both strong, playable and shiny  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2019, 02:24:14 AM »
They went straight for the flutter ponies  :heart: :heart: :heart: :party:!!! All bets are off, anything can happen now! Exciting times lol  :frolic:

Offline SailorBrite

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2019, 02:06:11 PM »
I agree on the confetti bombs...I don’t like them either. I try to open them over a plastic shopping bag.

I wish the Flutter Ponies included Rosedust. I know she wasn’t along until year 4 of the Flutter Ponies, but I had a canteen with Rosedust but never had her as a pony.
Checklist   Wishlist

The most-wanted Nirvana pony on my wishlist: Baby Dancing Butterflies

Formerly known as Indigo

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2019, 02:08:52 PM »
I can see why they'd skip sea ponies in favor of flutter ponies- maybe they didn't have as wide of appeal or there were issues with packaging or cost of production (like the shells?)

I'm sure that is why they are skipping the larger play sets, they probably decided it was unlikely stores would pick up something so large solely for nostalgia

I do hope they jump to baby ponies next!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2019, 05:36:34 PM »
I can see why they'd skip sea ponies in favor of flutter ponies- maybe they didn't have as wide of appeal or there were issues with packaging or cost of production (like the shells?)

I'm sure that is why they are skipping the larger play sets, they probably decided it was unlikely stores would pick up something so large solely for nostalgia

I do hope they jump to baby ponies next!

And it's possible they're using Flutters to see if there's any interest in the "gimmick" pony lines (I couldn't think of how else to describe them--non-mainstream?-- The Not Earth, Pegasus, or Unicorn lines? :shrug:).  So maybe they'll come back to Sea Ponies later.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2019, 06:27:55 PM »
do you think there is a possibility lemon drop might be a test run too so may not make it into production?

I would love to see them do sprinkles and go by the box prototype so she will be blue with blue hair :D
and if they don't do the big playsets they could do a box set of playset ponies like lemon drop, majesty, sprinkles etc..

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2019, 06:55:11 PM »
do you think there is a possibility lemon drop might be a test run too so may not make it into production?

I would love to see them do sprinkles and go by the box prototype so she will be blue with blue hair :D
and if they don't do the big playsets they could do a box set of playset ponies like lemon drop, majesty, sprinkles etc..

I also think Lemon Drop might be a test run and that if she is produced in large numbers they might use the Show Stable for the final product  instead of the purple Pretty Parlor.

My Target store has several of the Pretty Parlors with Peachy in stock. They were overstocked around Christmas and 5 or 6 are usually always on the shelves. If Lemon Drop is issued with a purple Pretty Parlor I won’t be adding her to my Basic Fun ponies since I already have a G1 Lemon Drop and the Basic Fun Pretty Parlor and Peachy.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2019, 08:40:26 PM »
The Pretty Parlor has been a shelf warmer at my store as well. I mean...I do want a Lemon Drop, but I'll have to see if my Target will consider getting what is essentially a different skin of a not-well-selling product.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2019, 03:12:20 AM »
A show stable would be cool, yes! I do wish they would change things up a bit though; I don't mind there being only one pose for flutters, but a Rosedust in the walking pose would be amazing. In general, characters in a pose different from the original one. But, not complaining here, just hoping.

Also, the thought of mint twinkle eye ponies with unscratched eyes *drools*

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2019, 05:17:49 AM »
This year is going to be crazy for me, first a new Minty, and now a Lemon Drop!!! O: I really hope she'll be available in Sweden. My army needs her. <3
Also, excited to see flutters :D

Thanks Ragamuffin for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2019, 10:39:34 AM »
There was a time when anything Minty could rope me in but... not in an expensive set with molds I still dislike.
Her symbol can't be seen in that pack because they always put them on one side. So I'd laugh if this was just a trick, you buy the set and oops she has the wrong symbol :lol:

More classic G1s is great news because now Sparkler and Gusty aren't far away anymore. I just need a bright Sparkler and Gusty. No greying and no yellowing. Give it to me, Hasbroken!

These mini EqGs looked better before. I still adore the one I have.
I'd be happy about brushable CMCs if they were anywhere to be found around here.
I would have to drive to a huge TRU about an hour from me because the smaller stores usually don't carry new MLP stuff anymore.

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2019, 10:41:27 AM »
Yesss. I want a Sweet Stuff re-release so bad :lovey:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2019, 11:27:43 AM »
Yesss. I want a Sweet Stuff re-release so bad :lovey:

Sweet Stuff, Gingerbread, Locket and Quackers.  :frolic:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:16:55 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2019, 11:36:54 AM »
Mimic and Brighteyes :cool: Imagine the scalpers.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2019, 11:49:36 AM »
I agree on the confetti bombs...I don’t like them either. I try to open them over a plastic shopping bag.

I wish the Flutter Ponies included Rosedust. I know she wasn’t along until year 4 of the Flutter Ponies, but I had a canteen with Rosedust but never had her as a pony.

Rosedust was sold in both years of the flutter release in most all countries that had flutters. Flutters themselves didn't appear till "Year 4" if you go by the US timeline (1985 or 1986 for those of us not in the US xD) so the ones on the display are from Rosedust's set. I think it's just that was the pose and set of ponies they had.

I would be surprised if they didn't make Rosedust. I have never been that keen on her, but from the number of doubles I've had over the years, I think my view is a minority and she'd be heavily in demand...

Masquerade and Fizzy would be enough for me. Don't want Sweetie, don't like the US name ;)

Mimic, Quackers, Bright Eyes are beautiful. But they have no nostalgia for me...Tic Tac TOe and Locket, on the other hand? Bring them on.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal