collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY toy fair - February 2019  (Read 22282 times)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
Re: NY toy fair - February 2019
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just in case people missed out on this: license pending - FLUTTER PONIES!!!!! Buying multiples simply for the wings alone is worth it! lol Now I want Wingers too. Yes, those flutter wings YESS!!!

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2019, 07:51:33 PM »
Is that supposed to be Brush Me Beautiful Boutique on the far right of the flutter photo? It's obviously the pretty parlor but it looks pinkish?
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2019, 07:53:25 PM »
Seapony bath toys

https://www.instagram.com/pony_toy_news/p/Bt_-p-DBxuk/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=cq9p1xricpss

It'd be nice if those were Skystar, Novo, Haven Bay and whats-her-face. Sure hope those don't electrocute anyone in the bath tub.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2019, 08:19:02 PM »
Is that supposed to be Brush Me Beautiful Boutique on the far right of the flutter photo? It's obviously the pretty parlor but it looks pinkish?

The UK parlour was purple, but had turquoise details. I'm not sure why else it'd be purple.

EDIT: I guess it's just something to release Lemon Drop with? Instead of the stable...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:21:42 PM by Ragamuffin »

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2019, 08:21:26 PM »
It looks like some hybrid to go along with releasing what looks like Lemon Drop & Brandy on the box. I'll be buying the playset, but not keeping the structure.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2019, 08:50:19 PM »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2019, 09:09:23 PM »
Thanks Bandit. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2019, 12:40:27 AM »
Wow! Did not see the Flutters coming out as the next set after the year 3 Rainbows. I guess anything goes from here on out. Now I'm personally hoping for babies and Twinkle Eyes.

A recolored Pretty Parlor was also unexpected. I'm glad they found a way to bring in Lemon Drop. But as others have said, not really sure if I need another Pretty Parlor. Still exciting that we are starting see somewhat "new" stuff that wasn't in the original line.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2019, 02:12:51 AM »
Purple parlour with Lemon Drop?

I don't mind people getting LD though, if that is what will happen. Just for me it's such a weird mishmash release. And I guess it doesn't matter so much over there, but here we had a pony with the purple parlour. And it wasn't that one ;) But it's fine, I don't intend on buying any more parlours and I don't need any more LDs. I'm also not interested in a playset under the wrong name anyhow, so...

Flutters huh. I guess those are the images that people weren't meant to post...

I can't imagine Rosedust isn't part of the set.

And I guess it means the comb at the UK toy fair may well have been a flutter comb after all..??

Not sure how I feel about this. I LOVE Flutters, but the flutter I want is Tropical Breeze, and I don't expect them to do 2 waves. Also, it's a jump forward...and it might mean missing out on other sets. I want Powder's set, the UK never had that. And the earth set on release are never going to be even a mite as important iconically over here as the year 3 earth set was :/

Flutters are really a brave choice though. I dread to think what they've done to the wings to make them more sturdy...and it's all about the wings for me!

My question is, is there anything on the shelf below them? The shelf has Parasol and I think to the one side Moondancer as backdrop. Would that just be empty or are we still missing some intel here? It's clearly not Moondancer's set, as they are to the other side...or is this where the other flutters are standing?

And flutters may come as three packs?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 02:16:23 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2019, 04:32:41 AM »

Saw another picture that gave me a clue to the shoes:

https://butrich.com/tienda/?tax-coleccion%5B%5D=548&precio-desde=&precio-hasta=

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2019, 05:53:05 AM »
soooo some of these things are already in stores...funny how that works (while other things I've gotten on amazon NEVER made it to stores)

I understand releasing an initial set of retro ponies....but I don't understand re-releasing as many of the retro ones as they have ...I bought 1 (blossom) because I wanted 1 (assuming they were doing just the first 6) and I liked her purple color. But I don't need/want to RE-buy ALL the ponies I already have. LOL! That being said, I'll probably buy confetti (and if they ever release glow n show, rock n beats, or boys I would buy them...so I guess everyone has their thing; I just can't see them being popular enough to sustain)

those tiny ones have my curiosity piqued. I want to know how they compare to g1 petites /mommy charms in size, and since I'm a collector of petites I'll probably buy them (plus they won't take up much shelf space lol)

I love that big set with minty (yay minty!) but I do NOT like the balloon heads they seem to give the non-celestia princesses in this g4.5 look....so I'm concerned how bad that Luna will look in person (but I can hope she's not too ballooned)

I want that G3 metallic pony!

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2019, 06:23:15 AM »
Okay, the flutter ponies have given me hope that one day we’ll see Big Brothers, too!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2019, 07:41:09 AM »
I love the retro ponies and will buy ANY pony they throw at me, recycled playset or not. I’m grateful to be able to have something that is somewhat catered to g1 collectors for once, since I’m not heavily into g3-g4 ponies. To me, I’ve been dreaming about these for years and while I’d love new G1 Ponies or different poses, I am just so happy to be able to go to the store, hunt for ponies, feel excited, and still purchase something I love so dearly after so many years.

I’ve been keeping mine all MIB since I have them loose, the packaging is pretty to display!

I’m gonna have to open those flutters though.... I NEED to  press that clam shell button to make those delicate gossamer wings flap again!! Maybe this time they won’t break after a trip around the living room like they did so many years ago on Christmas morning.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »

I’ve been keeping mine all MIB since I have them loose, the packaging is pretty to display!

I’m gonna have to open those flutters though.... I NEED to  press that clam shell button to make those delicate gossamer wings flap again!! Maybe this time they won’t break after a trip around the living room like they did so many years ago on Christmas morning.

This! I'm going to have to buy at least two sets of those. I've been keeping mind MIB but I love the idea of having real winged Flutters.

I should have told them to just sell the wings... I would buy a whole pack of just wings for my ponies XD
~Foxtale~

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal