collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY toy fair - February 2019  (Read 22306 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: NY toy fair - February 2019
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2019, 02:23:05 PM »
Yes, bizzaro_toys on Instagram posted they have seen the next wave.  They also just replied to a comment that they promised not to tell but that it isn’t hard to figure out based on the order of progression.

To me that indicates the second set of Uni/Pegs since we have already had Rainbows set two and earth ponies set two.  And most of the molds where already made for the second set of Rainbows. 

But I suppose it could be any of the ponies released in year 2 or 3.

:( Sometimes I feel like we won't really get to the bread and butter of the popular years... :sigh:

What is this world's smallest MLP retro ponies about? I see it on instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_RPacgfQj/
I'm bummed because I won't buy the first 6 ponies...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2019, 02:39:47 PM »
It comes to something when the thing that people are getting excited about for G4 are still ponies that have been released before, but either not so much in a particular colour or not so much compared to M6. Real excitement would be something new, but no. In G4, real excitement is a properly coloured Luna and a second version of Minty ;) (In case it isn't clear, it's Hasbro I'm criticising, not the fans waiting for these releases).

I agree with the probables for a next release. I feel like almost all the gaps in my childhood have been filled by Basic Fun so far. Just the 2nd wave of unicorn and pegasus ponies and the baby unicorn and pegasus ponies really left among the ponies written about here but not sold. If we get those I don't need to get to year 5. I love a lot of ponies the US had that we didn't, but the ones I want to see as retros are the ones that were in the stories I read as a kid, but not in the stores to buy. Thus far they're meeting that expectation. So long as Brexit doesn't get in the way.

I would like a Powder and a a Sparkler <3. That would probably make me content.

And if the Groom & Style set happens, I won't turn down another Cherries J.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2019, 02:50:23 PM »
It comes to something when the thing that people are getting excited about for G4 are still ponies that have been released before, but either not so much in a particular colour or not so much compared to M6. Real excitement would be something new, but no. In G4, real excitement is a properly coloured Luna and a second version of Minty ;) (In case it isn't clear, it's Hasbro I'm criticising, not the fans waiting for these releases).

I agree with the probables for a next release. I feel like almost all the gaps in my childhood have been filled by Basic Fun so far. Just the 2nd wave of unicorn and pegasus ponies and the baby unicorn and pegasus ponies really left among the ponies written about here but not sold. If we get those I don't need to get to year 5. I love a lot of ponies the US had that we didn't, but the ones I want to see as retros are the ones that were in the stories I read as a kid, but not in the stores to buy. Thus far they're meeting that expectation. So long as Brexit doesn't get in the way.

Haha, yeah. The fact that the most exciting things are just different releases of characters we've gotten before is pretty sad lol. Like I'm super excited that I'll be able to add a properly colored Luna to my collection, and a G4 Minty (I missed out on the one from before) but.... they are just characters we've gotten before...

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2019, 03:29:49 PM »
In G4, real excitement is a properly coloured Luna and a second version of Minty ;) (In case it isn't clear, it's Hasbro I'm criticising, not the fans waiting for these releases).

Throw fakies at me -- but really, that Luna isn't really the right color either.. her color is very vibrant while her tv counterpart is a bit desaturated.

And maybe the lighting is skewing the color, but she looks way more purple then blue.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2019, 03:37:06 PM »
Found on Instagram.  They said they found it on figures.com but I can’t find it there myself.  Mane 6 licensed blind bags “dressed to Impress”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_6tjzBC0C/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=jbo4zdirv4cm

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2019, 03:57:09 PM »
Found on Instagram.  They said they found it on figures.com but I can’t find it there myself.  Mane 6 licensed blind bags “dressed to Impress”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_6tjzBC0C/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=jbo4zdirv4cm

If they came as blanks like that I'd love it because then I could paint them to be what I wanted from the get-go instead of having to customize them after the fact.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2019, 04:05:22 PM »

If they came as blanks like that I'd love it because then I could paint them to be what I wanted from the get-go instead of having to customize them after the fact.

Pretty sure they are just sculptures, not a finished product.

They are on this page: https://www.figures.com/2019/02/16/toy-fair-new-york-2019-kidrobot/

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2019, 04:24:02 PM »
Freaking out because Kidrobot! High quality vinyls that aren't by Funko! I love these molds, and I'm hoping they stick with them for the MLP lisence (although wouldn't it be neat to see them done by tokiDoki?)

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 04:52:20 PM »
Anyone have better pics of the crazy high heels?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_un9chQAn/
(see second picture)

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2019, 04:59:30 PM »
OH MY INSAVDIUBDVISADVIJBSADILJNXKCZJNLKSJDVN. MINTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

too bad she comes in a huge (probably overpriced) set. I might get this but I'll probs have to get minty on her own.
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2019, 06:00:24 PM »
I cant wait for those next set of G1 ponies!!!! :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2019, 07:17:05 PM »
Yes, bizzaro_toys on Instagram posted they have seen the next wave.  They also just replied to a comment that they promised not to tell but that it isn’t hard to figure out based on the order of progression.

To me that indicates the second set of Uni/Pegs since we have already had Rainbows set two and earth ponies set two.  And most of the molds where already made for the second set of Rainbows. 

But I suppose it could be any of the ponies released in year 2 or 3.

:( Sometimes I feel like we won't really get to the bread and butter of the popular years... :sigh:

What is this world's smallest MLP retro ponies about? I see it on instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_RPacgfQj/
I'm bummed because I won't buy the first 6 ponies...

Oh I know about these! The company is known for just making the "worlds smallest" versions of classic toys. They've done things like care bears, rubiks cubes, magic 8 ball, etc...

It does show there being the original 6 but one image showed Firefly but in the classic pose??

Also saw the seapony bath toys, they're part of the rainbow episode special. Guess they're going to transform into sea ponies for it somehow??

I am actually loving those kidrobot vinyls!! Will have to keep an eye out. Those prototypes look way better than the old funko ones or those weird ones we love fine did a few years ago.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2019, 07:38:39 PM »

I'm holding out for Powder & Sparkler too! For some reason, I have really bad luck with Powder. Either symbols have problems or I end up with a really nice one to have head and body discolouration. As for Sparkler, there is always some flaw with her no matter how close to excellent condition she is.

Personally I feel like the Unicorn & Pegasus Wave 1 set is a must-have, especially for UK collectors, since the set was not released there? While Basic Fun kept the poses the same as the 80s, the way they designed the eyes on the wonky Moondancer pose definitely is a HUGE quality to life change that breathed new life on the pose for me. They made the eyes bigger so it doesn't look like the display side eye is sliding off the face :P I kind of wished they changed the pose a little, especially the congealed butt that looks like a turkey leg. lol  My favourite has to be Twilight. She looks a truer to her cartoon depiction like a brighter shade of pink, opposed to the darker strawberry, and the symbol is pinkish glitter rather than dark purple. 

I look forward to the second set of Rainbow Ponies the most since I am still missing US Confetti & Trickle. I can never have too many Starflowers because I love light blue ponies. Hopefully these won't rust like the 80s ones do.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2019, 07:44:18 PM »
I notice Morning Glory, Rosedust and Lily are missing from the group.

What Kidrobot vinyls?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 07:50:59 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal