collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY toy fair - February 2019  (Read 22209 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: NY toy fair - February 2019
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2019, 10:00:32 PM »

I’ve been keeping mine all MIB since I have them loose, the packaging is pretty to display!

I’m gonna have to open those flutters though.... I NEED to  press that clam shell button to make those delicate gossamer wings flap again!! Maybe this time they won’t break after a trip around the living room like they did so many years ago on Christmas morning.

This! I'm going to have to buy at least two sets of those. I've been keeping mind MIB but I love the idea of having real winged Flutters.

I should have told them to just sell the wings... I would buy a whole pack of just wings for my ponies XD

I agree! I’d buy up so many packs of wings! I just love flutter wings so much! Here’s hoping that they fit old flutters too! I’ve got a Hollywood who is dying to take flight again!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2019, 02:12:37 PM »
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

give me flutters, hell give me dat purple parlour with Lemon drop i don't care......... is that legit though lemon drop?? really?? i wonder what brandy will look like, another strawberry shortcake pet :P

world's smallest mlp's, new retro's. I'm so happy right now  :biggrin:

Happy happy
Joy joy
Happy happy
Joy joy

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2019, 02:44:49 PM »

Just in case people missed out on this: license pending - FLUTTER PONIES!!!!! Buying multiples simply for the wings alone is worth it! lol Now I want Wingers too. Yes, those flutter wings YESS!!!

I didn't expect them to do Flutters. I could be tempted by them, but I much prefer the second more brightly colored set. Although the purple one (Forget Me Not???) is one of my childhood ponies. I may get her.

It would be nice if that they made more of the sets that are prone to condition issues. Seaponies are popular and many were lost to mold. Ponies that are prone to regrind is another. I'd love to have a Cloud Puff that isn't slowly turning from purple to hot pink. So Soft ponies with plush flocking. Magic Message ponies. Rain Curl ponies with perfect curls. Precocious Pockets ponies with their pockets intact. The rare mail orders would be nice, but I'm honestly not expecting them to remake Rapunzel.

I just wish these retro ponies were more wildly distributed. We only have Wal-Mart here in town. There's a Meijer in the next town over that carries them, but they only have the original 6. I haven't been to Target in months. Last time I was there I was able to get Moonstone, but I really wanted Windy and Starshine.  :huh:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
So if they are kinda going in order- (I say kinda as they apparently are going to skip sea ponies)

what will be next? 

Baby Ponies and Megan and Sundance came next right? (in terms of big popular nostalgia items)

I am excited for baby ponies but don't care too much about Megan and Sundance, I always thought the dolls looked a little odd, lol
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:59:28 PM by Galactica »

Offline Magicharp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Power Puff Pony
  • Playing music on my harp named Grover!
    • View Profile
    • The Punisher's Harp
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2019, 04:46:17 PM »

Just in case people missed out on this: license pending - FLUTTER PONIES!!!!! Buying multiples simply for the wings alone is worth it! lol Now I want Wingers too. Yes, those flutter wings YESS!!!

That one pony with purple hair and what appears to be a dog on the purple Pretty Parlor playset on the far right. Look at it real close on the side of the photo. Isn't that Lemon Drop and Brandy on the side of the purple pretty parlor playset?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 04:48:41 PM by Magicharp »
"One Batch. Two Batch. Penny and Dime." - Frank Castle

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2019, 04:53:20 PM »

Lemon Drop and Brandy, OH YEAH!

Brandy is in a SSC pose, for Pupcake.  Fine by me, that begging pose is super cute!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2019, 05:03:43 PM »
I’m wondering if the purple Pretty Parlor with Lemon Drop could be a mock up (not sure if that’s the right word) instead of the final product? Why would they release Lemon Drop with a purple Pretty Parlor instead of the Show Stable mold unless they might still be working on it?

I was hoping we’d see sea ponies also but I’m happy to see flutters. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Magicharp

• Power Puff Pony
  • Playing music on my harp named Grover!
    • View Profile
    • The Punisher's Harp
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »
GASP!!!!! :dropjaw: MUST HAVE!!!!!!  :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:
"One Batch. Two Batch. Penny and Dime." - Frank Castle

Offline SailorBrite

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2019, 05:37:14 PM »
So if they are kinda going in order- (I say kinda as they apparently are going to skip sea ponies)

what will be next? 

Baby Ponies and Megan and Sundance came next right? (in terms of big popular nostalgia items)

I am excited for baby ponies but don't care too much about Megan and Sundance, I always thought the dolls looked a little odd, lol

I had TAF Megan & Sundance but I never got Molly and Baby Sundance and I would jump at the chance to have an affordable set.

I love Baby Glory and Baby Lickety Split (my first 2 babies) enough that I would buy repros.
Checklist   Wishlist

The most-wanted Nirvana pony on my wishlist: Baby Dancing Butterflies

Formerly known as Indigo

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »
I found a video showing off Hasbro’s mlp booth.

https://youtu.be/YK4rWK7tP4o

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2019, 09:38:07 PM »

"Confetti falls out, not glitter. Hasbro likes you. They know that you don't want glitter in your house"

I... I don't want confetti in my house either, though.

Found a bit of confetti in my bed two days ago and I haven't even bought a Cutie Mark Crew in nearly a month.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »

what will be next? 

I had TAF Megan & Sundance but I never got Molly and Baby Sundance and I would jump at the chance to have an affordable set.

I love Baby Glory and Baby Lickety Split (my first 2 babies) enough that I would buy repros.

I can see M&S happening, but I probably wouldn't buy them. I don't really like Megan, Sundance is common enough here to have a small army if you let your guard down...and well, Megan'll probably be wearing the Dressed like a Dream US dress...which is fine and all, but doesn't have any nostalgia for me. I avoided M&S when they were out as a kid, so I wouldn't buy them as retros. Also, with the tendency to use SS moulds for the pets so far, I rather dread what Megan would look like. The only way I would be induced to buy it is probably if it came with additional outfits...that fit the original dolls.

The baby ponies, yeah. I probably would. But I feel like missing out Powder's set would be sad. Only because we never got them in 1985-6ish, and I would like to see them here now.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2019, 12:58:12 AM »

‘Princess Celestria!’. I love this guy! I’m actually warming to the new G4.5 line, they’re much more expressive.

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2019, 05:57:10 AM »
I can see M&S happening, but I probably wouldn't buy them. I don't really like Megan, Sundance is common enough here to have a small army if you let your guard down...and well, Megan'll probably be wearing the Dressed like a Dream US dress...which is fine and all, but doesn't have any nostalgia for me. I avoided M&S when they were out as a kid, so I wouldn't buy them as retros. Also, with the tendency to use SS moulds for the pets so far, I rather dread what Megan would look like. The only way I would be induced to buy it is probably if it came with additional outfits...that fit the original dolls.

I think they could get away with using different molds for Twinkles and Brandy since they are such small, generic cat/dog figures. But for Megan it would look very off if they used a completely different doll (I can imagine them giving her a different cheaper-to-produce body though). I can see them making several versions of her in different Megan & Pony Wear outfits (sadly don't think they'd sell them separately). If that happens hopefully they can pair her with other ponies than just Sundance, like playset ponies or others that they wouldn't have included otherwise.

I think the year 3 earth and unicorn/pegasi sets still have a high possibility of seeing release if the line continues to do well (after all, they already have the molds for most them ready). But most of all I'm anxious for them to start making baby ponies. Need to start saving up money quick the moment those get confirmed.  :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2019, 07:39:26 AM »
I do not want Megan. Dolls aren't for me, thanks! I do hope they do Seaponies though!

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal