Pony Talk > Toy Box & Games Cupboard

25th Anniversary Care Bear nose rust?

(1/2) > >>

Prince Firefly:
I recently came into possession of three new bears for my collection! The ever crazy-rare Pink Power, the 25th Anniversary Tenderheart, and a scented Funshine!

As many will know, the 25th Anni bears' main selling point is their Swarovski crystal eyes and sterling silver accents, which 25th Tenderheart has plenty of. But there's a problem with mine... his nose is rusted.

I only saw it today, and while it hasn't stained any of the white fur, my Tenderheart's nose is that horrible shade of rust red-orange. He's MIB, so I don't know how this could've happened.
I don't normally deal with rust. Tail rust in my personal ponies is a problem I rarely run into (being primarily a G3 collector), and when we have run into it's been minor or the ponies are in bait condition in the first place.

My question, is what on earth do I do? I thought sterling silver wasn't supposed to rust, and yet it has. How do I clean this off of Tenderheart without damaging anything else?

Leave a Whisper:
That's crazy! Maybe its not real sterling? Hate to say it, but it sounds like you'll hafta take him out and give him a good cleaning lest it starts staining.

Shy Violet:
Do you have photos? Is it possible it's tarnished, not rust? Silver tarnishes so you should be able to polish it easily

Prince Firefly:

--- Quote from: Shy Violet on February 15, 2019, 10:27:19 PM ---Do you have photos? Is it possible it's tarnished, not rust? Silver tarnishes so you should be able to polish it easily

--- End quote ---

Yeah, we figured after I posted this it was tarnish.
Problem is it'll just tarnish again if we do polish it...

Loreofyore:
 :huh: I guess you could always pretend he is now some kinda feel-better care bear with a mission to help kids with head-colds if you can't fix the rusty tarnish nose? Anyway, wish ya luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version