collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New My Little Pony Film Confirmed!  (Read 6341 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New My Little Pony Film Confirmed!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2019, 01:10:58 PM »
And here I thought G4 was finally coming to an end...

G4 will never end. Not until MLP does. Even if they call it another generation, the M6 seem likely to remain, and thus the scars will never, ever fully heal.

*melodrama ftw*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2019, 02:26:33 PM »
Interesting that it's slated for 2021. This is the first another stray from the leaked entertainment calendar
Spoiler
much later than either the proposed G4 sequel or the G5 prequel.
I really wonder what this timing means for the end of G4 and start of G5?
I'm still hoping G4 ends this year and G5 starts in 2020.

Yay, NY Toy Fair weekend is here! Anxiously awaiting what more news and photos the rest of the weekend may bring.

I think anything that isn't confirmed to the public should always be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes projects get delayed as budgets and other priorities allow. :O I mean even publicly announced things can change (notice "all dates subject to change").

Is there an official page that has the information on it? Is this a theater release or direct to home release. The later seems more likely?

Of course. I'm just saying that calendar has been followed until now.

That movie slate image seems to have come from and investor call this morning and seems to have been posted first on this person's twitter
https://twitter.com/Chevistian1/status/1096399247874887680
They also state that it's yet unknown if it's going to be G4 or G5 here
https://twitter.com/Chevistian1/status/1096467569203126279

I think that's all we know so far.

The original goal was for G5 to come out in 2020 with a 2019 movie, but it sounds like they're going with this schedule here:

The "event special" in that first timeline that says "Event Special" for 2019 kind of sounds like it might be the Rainbow Roadtrip special or something.

There's this timeline that often gets overlooked too, we'll have to see if it holds up this week! We already have rainbow wings Twilight and the rainbow tail ponies, it's gonna be a colourful year regardless!

Spoiler

I am dead and buried. "Double the business" :lol: :lol: +90% :lol:
They always sound so insane in these business reports.

CGI sounds interesting to me. They could render a model and just use that for the toy or vice versa.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »
Interesting that it's slated for 2021. This is the first another stray from the leaked entertainment calendar
Spoiler
much later than either the proposed G4 sequel or the G5 prequel.
I really wonder what this timing means for the end of G4 and start of G5?
I'm still hoping G4 ends this year and G5 starts in 2020.

Yay, NY Toy Fair weekend is here! Anxiously awaiting what more news and photos the rest of the weekend may bring.

I think anything that isn't confirmed to the public should always be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes projects get delayed as budgets and other priorities allow. :O I mean even publicly announced things can change (notice "all dates subject to change").

Is there an official page that has the information on it? Is this a theater release or direct to home release. The later seems more likely?

Of course. I'm just saying that calendar has been followed until now.

That movie slate image seems to have come from and investor call this morning and seems to have been posted first on this person's twitter
https://twitter.com/Chevistian1/status/1096399247874887680
They also state that it's yet unknown if it's going to be G4 or G5 here
https://twitter.com/Chevistian1/status/1096467569203126279

I think that's all we know so far.

The original goal was for G5 to come out in 2020 with a 2019 movie, but it sounds like they're going with this schedule here:

The "event special" in that first timeline that says "Event Special" for 2019 kind of sounds like it might be the Rainbow Roadtrip special or something.

There's this timeline that often gets overlooked too, we'll have to see if it holds up this week! We already have rainbow wings Twilight and the rainbow tail ponies, it's gonna be a colourful year regardless!

Spoiler

I am dead and buried. "Double the business" :lol: :lol: +90% :lol:
They always sound so insane in these business reports.

CGI sounds interesting to me. They could render a model and just use that for the toy or vice versa.

That's why I'm not worried about a movie with 3D characters. I'm actually glad. The problem with G4 is that the artstyle is incredibly flat and the toys don't really work in 3D, and we get varying results of what they should look like. And even in 2019, they're still not accurate to the show. With the ponies already modeled for the movie, all they gotta do is print them out and put hair on them.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 11:28:24 PM »
It's Toy Fair time yall! And with it comes announcements.

Now the idea of a 2nd MLP:FiM movie came about after the G4/G5 leaks last year, but we do have official confirmation.

It will be released in 2021, and will be CGI of course. This is a full length film.

OMG.  The last Dungeons & Dragons movie was the terrible one from the 90s where the bad guy just kept a gelatinous cube IN his own room, as a rug. 

Kind of bummed the pony movie will be CGI (unless they mean the underpinnings, like with the last movie?  I REALLY LIKED THE ANIMATION OF THE LAST MOVIE) but still excited . . . I loved the last pony movie.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2019, 12:49:50 PM »
It's Toy Fair time yall! And with it comes announcements.

Now the idea of a 2nd MLP:FiM movie came about after the G4/G5 leaks last year, but we do have official confirmation.

It will be released in 2021, and will be CGI of course. This is a full length film.

OMG.  The last Dungeons & Dragons movie was the terrible one from the 90s where the bad guy just kept a gelatinous cube IN his own room, as a rug. 

Kind of bummed the pony movie will be CGI (unless they mean the underpinnings, like with the last movie?  I REALLY LIKED THE ANIMATION OF THE LAST MOVIE) but still excited . . . I loved the last pony movie.

Wait what?  :blink:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2019, 03:15:56 PM »
Here's a question I haven't heard an answer to yet: does Equestria Girls stuff stop when Friendship is Magic/G4 does? Has Hasbro said?

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2019, 06:04:49 AM »
Here's a question I haven't heard an answer to yet: does Equestria Girls stuff stop when Friendship is Magic/G4 does? Has Hasbro said?

I was wondering this, too! The toys seem to be dying down a lot, but idk about the cartoon since I don't keep up with it..

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2019, 06:21:28 AM »

I don’t think Hasbro has said anything officially.  In fact, the only things that Hasbro has officially said is that the next season of FIM is the last (on Facebook) and that there is going to be a movie in 2021 (from presentation given at toy fair.).  Everything else is from leaks, rumors and conjecture.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal