collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How does G4 do in your area? How is the stock?

G4s are very popular here and we always have the newest releases!
2 (3.2%)
G4s sell well here and things are updated often.
6 (9.5%)
G4s use to sell well here, but things have slowed down.
40 (63.5%)
G4s are shelf warmers! Rarity, Capper, and Cheese Sandwich will survive the apocalypse!
14 (22.2%)
Other?
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: In Your Opinion, How Successful Was G4 During Its Run?  (Read 8091 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: In Your Opinion, How Successful Was G4 During Its Run?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2019, 09:34:08 PM »
I went to rite aid today and they only had 2 ponies: toilet sparkle with the clip-on cape and rainbow power Fluttershy (yeah the one from forever ago).

TOILET Sparkle?  :snicker:

OK I have to know which version of Twilight got that nickname (aside from the book/movie franchise).

In case it helps I was taking about this one
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also I decided to look up toilet sparkle (just to see if i really am all that original) and I found this: https://www.deviantart.com/hawkstone/art/Toilet-Sparkle-410002632

not disappointed

Tbh the clip-on dresses themed after the Gala aren't terrible. Not great, but better than this:

No eye shines this time around, huh Hasbro? (Compare with the two they're supposed to have, and the one Hasbro started doing around Crystal Empire.) Hope this is some sort of budget pony. Remember in 2010 when fashion styles came with multiple accessories and fabric clothes? Don't fashion styles cost like, $10?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2019, 10:46:47 PM »
The clip-on 2-halves dresses also were specifically designed to go with that Rarity boutique playset where kids could "swoop" the pony through the playset and they would "magically" get dressed, which is a really fun play concept.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2019, 04:58:17 AM »
I went to rite aid today and they only had 2 ponies: toilet sparkle with the clip-on cape and rainbow power Fluttershy (yeah the one from forever ago).

TOILET Sparkle?  :snicker:

OK I have to know which version of Twilight got that nickname (aside from the book/movie franchise).

In case it helps I was taking about this one

Also I decided to look up toilet sparkle (just to see if i really am all that original) and I found this: https://www.deviantart.com/hawkstone/art/Toilet-Sparkle-410002632

not disappointed

LOL for real

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2019, 05:14:18 AM »
Toilet Sparkle?!  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Yes G4 was successful , very successful to start with, not so much now but I suppose that's to be expected. I reckon Hasbro made a decent amount from them over the years :awake: At least we got some diversity - and boys! :heart:   
G4 did really well in my part of the UK in the first 3 or 4 years and I got a lot of the early ones, but we haven't had anything new for ages.  Got a few reboot/movie ponies , then nothing again. :shrug:
Unless you look in some discount stores - then you can sometimes find mane 6 on sale - usually the first type, occasionally the reboot.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2019, 03:56:17 PM »
Is this how we end up with Toilet Sparkle the Glittery Pooping Unicorn Pegasus? 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CindyPony

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • ponyponypony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2019, 03:45:18 AM »
The distribution problems that marked older generations seem to have plagued G4 as well, near as i can tell.

For the movie we had good stuff at Walmart and there were some big playsets that were gone quick, but sincd then very few things have happened since, finally the new mold stuff came out and i got the $10 pearly fs Celestia with the cheaply done glittery wings.

The toy sections have definitely shrunk and for me, pony hunting means the thrift store where once in a while i get a G3, and occasionally an older G4 item shows up at Ross.

Post Merge: March 06, 2019, 04:00:48 AM

t where kids could "swoop" the pony through the playset and they would "magically" get dressed

Yes, "kids", that's right...that one was near me when i didnt have money for it, so i (ehem i mean kids) didnt get to swoop any ponies into spring clip dresses.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:00:48 AM by CindyPony »
Make an extra, extra special wish!     oooo wow ponymotes :work:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2019, 05:42:32 AM »
I've noticed pharmacy/drug stores are often really behind on toys so I'm not sure if seeing really old ponies there is a good indicator of how well the line is doing overall. Last time I looked for ponies at a drug store I found a Cutie Mark Magic Sweetie Drops :lol: and my Kmart store had a mask Sunset Shimer and G3 coloring books and party invitations.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal