collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 133
  • Dot Hidden: 3
  • Dot Users: 12
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Stephanie Eskander at 90’s Girl UK - stalls needed too.  (Read 2566 times)

Offline licclefreak

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • 90’s Girl
Stephanie Eskander at 90’s Girl UK - stalls needed too.
« on: February 08, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The plans are getting finalised for 90’s Girl UK. In Norwich on the 14th & 15th September for those of you who didn’t read the previous post.

Part of the event will be a pop up toy museum. Ghost of the Doll will be there, sharing their unrivalled 80’s & 90’s toy knowledge and Stephanie Eskander, US toy designer, is coming for the weekend.

Now, as a few of you already know, I’m currently a team of 1 with a budget dependent on people buying tickets and booking stalls. Translation, I have the foundations in place but I need people to buy tickets in advance to pay for all the exciting goodies that will make the event truly spectacular.

My question is... Would Stephanie Eskander’s appearance help sway your decision to buy a ticket? It’s her first time at a Uk event I believe but I don’t want to book her and literally be the only one who is super excited about it. Opinions would be fabulous folks. Thank you.

Also, go and give my Instagram a little love please @90sgirlevent
I’m contacting some amazing contributors for this event and my current 315 followers look a little pathetic when doing so - oh the pressures of social media!

Stalls are available for the whole weekend from £70 and there are a huge amount of activities planned. Tickets are currently on a 50% off early bird rate of £7.50 per day, £12.50 for the weekend.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:44:07 AM by licclefreak »

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • Instagram
Re: 90’s Girl - New girl toy convention based in the UK. This September.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 05:53:06 PM »
Hi! I follow you on IG too and this looks so exciting! I’m really interested, the only think I need to check out is travel routes though as Norwich can be a pain to get to. Great to see another vintage toy themed con popping up though!

Instagram | My Wishlist | Art Trades and Sales | eBay Sales
Thanks Shaiyeh for my sig!

Offline licclefreak

• Scribbles Pony
    • 90’s Girl
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:06:42 PM »
Hi! I follow you on IG too and this looks so exciting! I’m really interested, the only think I need to check out is travel routes though as Norwich can be a pain to get to. Great to see another vintage toy themed con popping up though!

Thanks 💖 It’s a great venue (contracts mean I can’t officially announce until some details are ironed out) and Norwich is a bit of a hidden gem. I’m hoping to book a Friday evening get together too, like a smaller party. It would be good to know if people are interested.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 11:10:45 PM »
oh wow, I'd love to go! Not sure about my travelling options this year, but wow! This sounds fantastic, and I hope it'll be a huge success!

Thanks Fizzy Scrumptious for my wonderful siggie and super cute avatar!

Offline licclefreak

• Scribbles Pony
    • 90’s Girl
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 08:23:44 AM »
oh wow, I'd love to go! Not sure about my travelling options this year, but wow! This sounds fantastic, and I hope it'll be a huge success!

Thanks! Once I can fully announce the venue I will provide more travel information. There is quite a bit on the website already, including 3 well placed hotels.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 05:45:17 PM »
I love Norwich as a city, but it will have to wait till I know where I'm going to be based after the end of August as that's still a mystery to me now. If I'm back home where my parents live it will be too far to manage, but it depends on a lot. It's close to ponycon in timing and I generally prioritise that so it will depend on my location as to whether I can do both.

It sounds interesting, though. We can never have too many celebrations of pony stuff :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet Stuff

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Lil Moon
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 06:33:37 PM »
I'm super interested in going! Oh my gosh this is exciting. I'd probably get able to get the train (I'm way down South) hopefully this really takes off.  :biggrin: will there be one day tickets available as well?
Currently looking for: Quackers.
Follow my instagram: Chellectible

Offline licclefreak

• Scribbles Pony
    • 90’s Girl
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 11:05:34 PM »
I love Norwich as a city, but it will have to wait till I know where I'm going to be based after the end of August as that's still a mystery to me now. If I'm back home where my parents live it will be too far to manage, but it depends on a lot. It's close to ponycon in timing and I generally prioritise that so it will depend on my location as to whether I can do both.

It sounds interesting, though. We can never have too many celebrations of pony stuff :)

I understand about ponycon. Admittedly have stopped going the last few years but I think that’s just due to not liking the G4 toys. Hope you can make it. Pony stuff will definitely be a priority.

Post Merge: February 10, 2019, 11:08:00 PM

I'm super interested in going! Oh my gosh this is exciting. I'd probably get able to get the train (I'm way down South) hopefully this really takes off.  :biggrin: will there be one day tickets available as well?

Yay! I’m hopeful it takes off too. I’ve got so much planned, just need to sell enough tickets to pay for all the plans. I am going to sell weekend tickets only for the first couple of advertising campaigns and see how it goes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:08:00 PM by licclefreak »

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 12:27:29 AM »

I understand about ponycon. Admittedly have stopped going the last few years but I think that’s just due to not liking the G4 toys. Hope you can make it. Pony stuff will definitely be a priority.

I stopped going to ponycon when the G4 hype was at its peak, but it's G1 enough for me these days. I'm a G1 person anyway. More, though, a lot of people I've known for around 2 decades go to ponycon and it's the one chance I have in a year to catch up with them, so that's the big draw for me. I really like the idea of your con, though, and will keep up to date with the details.

If it were somewhere central like Birmingham, I'd be there - but Norwich requires creative transport if you're not in the South/East, and unless I'm still in London (which is unlikely), it might be tough to shoulder both. Even from where I am right now it would be a trek since I'd have to get into London, cross it to Liverpool Street and then out again, which is a pain with a case.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 07:42:30 AM »
I’ve looked at travel from Manchester and Norwich is a bit of a pain to get to. I might have to give it a miss this year, but if it moves around and was somewhere more central I would definitely go!

Instagram | My Wishlist | Art Trades and Sales | eBay Sales
Thanks Shaiyeh for my sig!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »
How fun!  I'd go :D

(I mean, if I lived anywhere close)

I hope it goes well and you guys take lots of pix!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:35:45 PM by Galactica »

Offline licclefreak

• Scribbles Pony
    • 90’s Girl
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 06:07:57 PM »
I’ve looked at travel from Manchester and Norwich is a bit of a pain to get to. I might have to give it a miss this year, but if it moves around and was somewhere more central I would definitely go!

Thing is, I have to make this one a success before thinking of other venues. I contacted many similar venues that were more central and I just wasn’t impressed by one or more factors. We’ll see what the future holds.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Oh globbits!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 09:47:27 PM »
Count me in! I've never been to Norwich before (only left the north-west a handful of times!) so it'd be interesting to see somewhere new and I can always go for 90s nostalgia! :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • ~never too old for ponies~
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 12:14:06 AM »
Sounds like a lot of fun across the pond!  :D
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder <3

Offline licclefreak

• Scribbles Pony
    • 90’s Girl
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 03:38:56 PM »
Count me in! I've never been to Norwich before (only left the north-west a handful of times!) so it'd be interesting to see somewhere new and I can always go for 90s nostalgia! :heart:

80’s and 90’s, perhaps a little early 00’s. I’m in the process of organising guests. Who would you like to see?

Sounds like a lot of fun across the pond!  :D

Hopefully in a few years it will be big enough for people to want to travel to or I will be mobile enough to take it on the road.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal