collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 MLP mentioned in SWAT S2E2 (minimal/v minor spoilers)  (Read 922 times)

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
G1 MLP mentioned in SWAT S2E2 (minimal/v minor spoilers)
« on: February 04, 2019, 08:34:45 PM »
I didn't see a post here yet so sorry if I'm repeating this.

I don't post here at all anymore due to life and lack of MLP interest - still love it for nostalgia's sake and I still visit the Arena from time to time - but I started watching SWAT (CBS) from season two and I did a double take when this happened. A young girl is in the team's care and she doesn't speak English. They're using a phone to translate and she keeps talking about "going to see Peppermint Crunch, Banana Surprise, and Peachy." An oldlerish teammember walks in and says "Hey wait ask her about Swirly Whirly and Cherries Jubilee." ... "You just have to speak seven-year-old girl. Those are MLP characters." I'm sitting here watching and thinking "That's GENERATION ONE! Hahaha they're not even mentioning G4:FIM! Holy cow!" I wonder if they had to get permission to mention them? They're not even made up names or mish-mashed or anything; I recognized all of those ponies! Someone did dang good research! I had to share. :) (I felt like this was more OT than Pony Corral related.)

Eta: This was already posted; my search didn't return it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:34:44 PM by Rad »
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: G1 MLP mentioned in SWAT S2E2 (minimal/v minor spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 09:02:04 PM »
Awesome! Is that on Netflix by any chance?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
Re: G1 MLP mentioned in SWAT S2E2 (minimal/v minor spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 10:27:40 PM »
It is not; currently CBS has season 2 on its website. The MLP mention is in episode two, which is available for free atm.

Eta: This was already posted; my search didn't come up with it. Ponyfan states: "girl mentioning MLP happens around 24:24." The male teammember mentioning other MLPs is right after that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 10:36:54 PM by Rad »
Poo on you Photobucket!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal