collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Create a G1 Line!  (Read 8403 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Create a G1 Line!
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:15:41 AM »
Congrats! Basic Fun has just contacted you, you've won their contest to design a new line of G1-style ponies! You have absolutely free-reign, as they assure you no matter what you make will sell in stores. They've got lots of companies they can contact to make whatever gimmick you would like and aren't afraid to spend a little more than usual on production. They're even willing to alter existing G1 poses-or make new ones! The only limit is that your line should have 4-6 ponies.
What would you do? Would you remake some ponies from the later years, do a generational swap, or make something completely new?
I think I'd make some ponies based off of different flowers because I'm in a spring mood. Each pony would have a fabric flower symbol and sculpted vines/leaves running up their back legs. Maybe UV hair too? I'll have to draw them later...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Create a G1 Line!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 09:28:06 AM »
I can't see them producing their own line of ponies.. but I think it'd be a cool idea to have "Nirvana" ponies more accessible.

Ponies around the world...

Blue lickety split
Ladybird
Tomatoberry..(uh, I mean Argentinian Sugarberry)
Why not throw the Lily and popo in there too :p

:shrug: I mean I'm not sure who the best ponies are for this tho. I just like the concept of making some Grail ponies more affordable
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 09:30:59 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 09:44:03 AM »
This is fun! I would probably do a line of holiday ponies because I just love holiday ponies. One for New Years with a clock symbol in silver and gold colors, Valentine’s Day, St Patrick’s Day, Easter, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Hanukkah. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 12:18:37 PM »
Hmm, let's see, what do I like.. boy ponies, celestial ponies.. aha! A set of Big Brothers with celestial-themed symbols. :frolic:

I love Nessa16's holiday ponies idea, too :D Holiday ponies are another weakness of mine.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 12:26:45 PM »
Tropical Sea Ponies and Baby Sets

Sunshine-Neon orange body with neon green hair and yellow stripe. Sand Dollar Pose
Baby Monsoon-Bright green body with neon blue hair and neon purple stripe. Water Lily Pose

Seaweed-Green body with peach hair and blue stripe. Wave Dancer pose
Baby Coral Reef-Peach body with yellow hair and green stripe. Backstroke pose.

Mamba-Neon pink body with blue hair and white stripe. Sand Dollar pose.
Baby Steel Drum-Purple body with neon red hair and blue stripe. Tiny Bubbles pose

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:28:17 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 12:32:39 PM »
I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't done a zodiac-themed set yet! That would be fun to see materialize.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 01:25:47 PM »
I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't done a zodiac-themed set yet! That would be fun to see materialize.

This is true, but more than 6 ponies would be needed :/

I am not with the holiday pony idea, I think it's a charged bomb waiting to happen because how do you globally select 4-6 holidays without either shunning someone or overstating one particular culture? Not that they haven't already gone nuts with Christmas and Easter type ponies, but I think if you were to bring more specific holidays into the equation, there'd be an issue now that maybe there wasn't in the past...with some good cause. So then if you started trying to emulate all holidays from target audience countries, you'd get problems of quantity...

4-6 is a difficult number.

I guess this is my research dictating it a little bit but I kind of would like to see dragon horses. Like, reasonable looking ones, not silly things like whatshisface from FIM...They could either landbased or sea based, depending on the type of context. But although I'm not much for alt species, this is a kind of interesting area for me and I think stuff could be done with it...

Another possible for me would be flutter size ponies with butterfly wings like the wingers have. Because I love both concepts but don't see why the flutters can't have a second evolution as butterflies as well as dragonflies. I admit I also really like the flutter poses.

Pearly adult sea ponies. That would be a nice thing too. With appropriate shells. Sea Ponies are meant to be like oyster type things in their shells, really, and pearls are well, pearly, so why no pearly adult sea ponies??

I really don't want ponies representing human things, I guess. Stuff on the fantasy line is more my thing.

I'd also like to see the Dance & Prance released in their proper poses ;) They don't have to dance, but they do need to look like the prototypes. But I figure a lot of people will probably want to see prototypes that didn't get made...

Finally - baby twinkle eyes (Baby Quackers, Baby Tic Tac Toe, I'm looking at you). And maybe even Baby So Softs. I never understood why the babies couldn't inherit their mother's features. Baby Shady etc would have been more popular as well I think if they were baby fuzzies rather than BBE babies...(And Baby Fifi should be a unicorn. Because reasons).

You could have a set with Baby Q, Baby TTT and then other babies that don't currently exist. 6 = 2 of each species, so those are the 2 earth babies, then baby Speedy and Baby Fizzy, Baby Locket and Baby Masquerade, say?

And then for the baby So Softs, Baby Bouncy and Baby Fifi (as a unicorn), then four others - you guys can pick them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:28:10 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Elva

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 01:36:28 PM »
I read this topic at work and since then I've been constantly thinking about the G1 line of my own. But I can't figure out what it would be :lol: I really like the idea of zodiac ponies, that would be huge set to collect - twelve ponies :biggrin:

As Sundance is one of my favourite ponies, I'd love to see the whole family! I haven't decided what the differences between the family members would be   :lol: Maybe the dad would have a different colour mane and tail and the kids would have a mix of their parent's colours... Something really basic, true to the first My Little Ponies ever created.

Also I want there to be collectors pose baby pose. That'd be hilarious.

Sig by Strawberrysweets, thank you!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 04:58:53 PM »
Ooooh id love to do g2s as g1s!
Ivy, sunsparkle, berry bright, sky skimmer, petal blossom, and clever clover!

Or ADULT MERPONIES.

Haha or...
Adult versions of babies!
The rainbow babies, cuddles, sleepy pie, the birthday twins, newborn twins, sparkle babies, baby Susie, the list could go on!

I also love Taffeta’s pearly adult sea ponies, and flutters with wingers wings!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:05:41 PM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 05:09:41 PM »
This picture is old, but how about finally getting male unis, male pegs, and male twinkle-eyes!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 06:17:20 PM »
Twice as Fancy babies... maybe in the Flower Fantasy style ?
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 08:58:24 PM »
This is fun.

I like the idea of unicorn and pegasis big brothers.

For me, I’ve always wanted female “shire” ponies.  Fuzzy feet like the big brothers in a larger size.

Also, ponies with real horse markings... white feet, pinto, blazes and so on.

Seasonal themed ponies with giant, wrap-around symbols.

The first 6 in different poses.

Ponies with “Lady Lovely Lockes” type clips.

Ponies with clip on armor.

Ponies in black, brown and chestnut colors, with multi-color hair.

Ponies with individual backcard stories or diaries... like they used to have.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »
a bunch of ponies themed after appaloosans one pink and white rearing pose torqose hair
and all have animal friends like chow chows
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 10:43:15 PM »
     Space themed ponies: each have symbols like a sun, comet, planet with rings on it, a UFO, ect. And they all have alien antenna and their own cute little alien pet/companion. I’ll draw some of these guys later, when I have The time.
     And I also agree with the unicorn and Pegasus big brother sets. It’s strange that all the brothers are earth ponies.
     Gemstone themed ponies. Pretty hard to narrow down what gemstones, but for the first wave we could have diamond, sapphire, ruby, emerald, amber, and tourmaline. Each has a personality based on the gemstone they represent, and have a gemstone symbol.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 02:37:31 AM »
From a purely selfish point of view, I'd want to create a line that somehow incorporated Ribbon in the Shy Unicorn Pose, because I've always thought that would be cute, and I'm peeved that Ribbon was never sold in the UK and is only really available as a So Soft. How about a Cartoon Favourites line, with some ponies from MLP n Friends who weren't widely released? Maybe Ribbon, Lofty, Heart Throb, Paradise, Truly and Cupcake.

A similar set for the MLP Tales cartoon! Who wouldn't want toys of Ace, Teddy, Lancer and Miss Hackney? (My girlfriend had a MLP Tales annual when she was little and always wanted a toy version of Ace.)

Weather-themed boy ponies that are unicorns and pegasi! Basically Mountain Boys with horns/wings :)

A set of petite ponies that are actually mini versions of some of the G1 characters!

Fuzzy Bushwoolies! (Not ponies, but I just feel the world needs fluffy plush Bushwoolies.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal