collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Toy Opinions  (Read 13686 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Toy Opinions
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2019, 10:56:32 AM »
You forgot the Unicorn Cats that poop glittery poop after they drink Starbucks Ragamuffin! :P

I have been seeing those pop up. They're weird. I'm happy with unicorns as long as they're unicorns and not unicorn horns on everything. Or glittery unicorn poop. Or unicorns that poop.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
I don't understand why poop related toys are so popular. Making a toy that poops glitter doesn't make it more appealing to me at all.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2019, 02:00:31 AM »
I like unicorns as much as the next pony collector, but that trend can go away now. I mean, I like unicorns and I like cats, but I don't want a cat with a unicorn horn!

Really random toy opinion: I like the 90s Galoob Pound Puppies/Purries more than the 80s Tonka ones. They're the ones I grew up with and I also think they're cuter. I'm sure there must be other 90s kids who remember them with fondness too, but most of the nostalgia I see online is directed at the 80s ones.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2019, 07:36:48 AM »
I HATE that unicorns are EVERYWHERE. They were fun at first. But now they're inescapable. They're plastered on every surface. "How do we market this towards millenials? Unicorns? Glitter? Poop emoji? ... Glittery unicorn poop? Got it! Millenials like corgis and pugs right? Cacti? Cats? Starbucks Coffee? Cosmetics? We'll put unicorn horns on them too!! They'll eat it up!"

OMG YES! Cut it out already! >_< It's getting repulsive, really. And if I can say something really shallow: it makes collecting ponies less special if EVERYONE has stuff with unicorns on it.

By the way, it's all llamas and alpacas now... Some are drawn really cute (almost G1 pony-like), but I refuse to buy any of it. This is because I don't have a thing for these animals specifically, and I just KNOW that they will be everywhere soon. That makes it significantly less cute...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »
Ah. My daughter adores those Alpacassos and their various knock-offs. She woulda got one for Valentine's but opted for the plush octopus instead. XD

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2019, 12:34:03 PM »
Don't worry, we're only an Alibaba order away from a rainbow-sequined Baby Shark with a unicorn horn that also poops glitter!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »
Don't worry, we're only an Alibaba order away from a rainbow-sequined Baby Shark with a unicorn horn that also poops glitter!

:lmao:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:13 AM »
Well this insanity exists at Universal Studios:

https://people.com/travel/universal-orlando-new-troll-farts-glitter/
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2019, 10:10:03 AM »
Well this insanity exists at Universal Studios:

https://people.com/travel/universal-orlando-new-troll-farts-glitter/
That's a very sad amount of glitter? At least on camera.
That lady is so excited. "My life is complete!"

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2019, 05:01:22 AM »
You forgot the Unicorn Cats that poop glittery poop after they drink Starbucks Ragamuffin! :P

I have been seeing those pop up. They're weird. I'm happy with unicorns as long as they're unicorns and not unicorn horns on everything. Or glittery unicorn poop. Or unicorns that poop.

This the sort of thing you mean?

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2019, 04:01:17 PM »
Not very keen on human toys or electronic gimmicks either, and I have only made very few exceptions for my collection (Monster High, Mae Tallick from Novi Stars).

I agree with blindbags too, they're very expensive nowadays and I feel you're paying too much for too little (12 euros = 2 Hatchimals no bigger than my thumb). I only get them when I don't care about what character may I get or if there's an easy "tell" (I want to send kind regards to Safiras for having a hole on their package)

I feel like most plushie makers nowadays forgot that they're supposed to be HUGGABLE. Last Christmas I got my niece a Gumball plushie that was like 95% head. Granted, the cartoon character is just like that, but still.

I really like it if each collectable has a "theme" behind it, which might explain why I prefer Zelfs over MLP overall...   I feel like most ponies (I know exceptions exist, but bear with me) are slapdashed a symbol and a colour theme and called a day, while each Zelf is built around a particular concept (an animal, an element, a fantastic creature...) and thus made more interesting, I don't know if I explain myself too well.

I don't like it when eyes overpower the rest of the face/design. It happens with G4 and it happens quite often in other toy lines. I mean, yeah, big eyes are a characteristic of "cute" design, but if all I can see on your toy/character is eyes it becomes a big neon sign screaming "I!! AM!! CUTE!! LOVE!! ME!! NOW!!" and it becomes too... in-your-face

I strongly, STRONGLY dislike new Beanie Boo eyes. You know, the glitter-filled ones that stare into your soul.

What's with slime? I don't get slime. It gets icky after the few seconds you have it on your hands. Feels like a waste of money in my opinion.

Isn't it strange how now that unicorns are so popular, there's no proper unicorn toy line yet? Maybe it's just me, but I want someone attempting to rival MLP, if only to bring more brushables into the world.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 04:03:52 PM by Dreamer »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2019, 04:11:39 PM »
Dreamer, Breyer has stablemates bb unicorns right now. They're relatively inexpensive...for breyers.

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
Dreamer, Breyer has stablemates bb unicorns right now. They're relatively inexpensive...for breyers.

Thank you for telling me, LaW, but I was talking about brushables! Well, to be fair, i don't mind if it's an unicorn, a pegasus or a regular pony, but you'd think that now that unicorns are all the rage (and G4 MLP brushables are scarce and repeated) someone would try to bank into the "brushable horsie" kind of toy...

Offline Punaherukka

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2019, 07:40:32 AM »
Mia and Me is a toyline with brushable unicorns, but it's not big enough to really rival MLP.

Pony Royale was a line of brushable horses a few years ago. They had changeable manes and tails and fashions that reminded me of Enchanted Kingdom Horses.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2019, 05:37:06 AM »
I hate that "pink and purple is for girls" mentality is still at large. Studies show that all small kids regardless of their sex enjoy primary colors. Secondary colors come next and pastels come way later in life, like teens to young adult.

The pink/purple/pastel trend is nothing but a brainwash to me. A few decades ago stuff for girls was primary colors and now it's this. Nobody can tell me girls devolved to only liking two colors. We've been trained to do so so we go for the same colors later on when we have to buy the smaller but more expensive "lady versions" of things.

But honestly, bright pink or magenta is just an ugly color to me, too. Like I loathe the Barbie pink. Probably as a result of the pink onslaught in the 90s.

Post Merge: February 25, 2019, 06:38:02 AM

I don't like Breyer Decos and I think Glossies are awful.

Decorators very VERY rarely appeal to me. The ones I consider are the horses with a metallic or pearly sheen. What I can't deal with are those that are just a pattern thrown onto a horse. For instance, the carnival decorator pegasus from Breyerfest everyone was after a few years ago. That thing was so ugly to me :lol:
Some of the Halloween horses are ok to me. Like the ones that glow in the dark are nifty and their gimmick doesn't look weird when displayed in daylight.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 06:38:02 AM by Zapper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal