collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Emotional responses to certain ponies?  (Read 2568 times)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional responses to certain ponies?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 02:02:43 PM »
Yes, i agree with that. For me the G1 ponies evoke the sense of happy christmas past, of total make believe and oh so happy times. I never had ponies as a child but i always would have liked them. I think maybe, too, the pony itself gives off that feeling of childhood joy, i know this may sound silly, but it is almost as though the child who played with that pony leaves the feeling behind within the pony forever, for others to tap into. Thats what i like to think anyway. :)

I do sort of believe that objects can pick up energies from the people and environments they're around. Maybe something that was very loved will have a residual comforting aura, or something that was in a room with people arguing often will have an inexplicable aura of hostility. I have a friend that's extremely sensitive to energies. We went to a used bookstore,but she had to turn around and leave...Turns out that it was quite a sensory overload from everything that the books were giving off. Especially since people can feel such strong emotions when they read the stories, I suppose it was imprinted on all those books. It really shook her up!

Sorry for going on a tangent! But all that to say that I also believe a child can leave behind traces of that joy they felt when playing with their toys. In some weird way, it's almost like the ponies remember :)

I didn't grow up with ponies either, I started collecting right in the beginning of my college years. But my very special pony was SHS Flowerburst. I had never seen a Sweetheart Sister before, so when I saw her I thought she was the most gorgeous thing! I got her my first Thanksgiving away from home, right when I found out my grandpa was dying and I wouldn't make it back in time to see him. So she really helped me through that time. We went through a lot together :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal