collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 7 Deadly Sins of MLP Collectors  (Read 3792 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: 7 Deadly Sins of MLP Collectors
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 11:25:05 PM »
Greed: my most expensive ponies would be Venny AJ, Argie Sprinkles, Greek Lambiditsa, piggy Snuzzle, Greek Baby Minty (Chloe) and Baby Sugarcake. The cheapest I bought was probably getting Goldilocks for free at a thrift store because she didn’t have a price tag. Otherwise, $0.50 each for MOC spaniel My Little Puppy Family, TAF Baby Sugarberry and Love Melody.

Wrath: Pinkie Pie. Pink is a favorite color but she is too pink. G4 PP is so dang hyper too. She’s also just so darn common you end up with a million doubles.

Gluttony: I splurged at the 2016 fair since I saved up and it’s the only one I have been able to attend. Over $700 worth.

Lust: Ponies with unfaded pink hair, especially yellow onesEven if I have the pony, I am tempted if they have perfect pink hair.

Pride: other than the aforementioned ponies, Lil Sweetcake in a lot on eBay BIN making her about $5, digging through small toy bins at a flea market to find a complete pearly set of petite ponies and almost complete regular set of petite ponies, and cartoon eyed Spike, finding Molly complete at a thrift store for a $1, NM Ice Crystal BIN for $50, my Sugarberry army, and mine and my husband’s OC customs which were our wedding cake toppers.

Sloth: Pony hair styling. I am not good with hair in general. I hate washing it, combing it (just gets frizzy), or styling it. I haven’t the patience for it.

Envy: Takara Milky
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 02:28:46 PM »
Greed: Most Expensive: My most valuable ponies are G4s. Plumsweet, Flitterheart, and the like. But my mom bought me a Rainbow Flash off eBay one year. I'm surprised she hasn't increased in value! She's the same exact ~$70 price range...
Cheapest: Ponies I've gotten for free don't count. Last year I won a Kimono MIB for just a penny on eBay!

Wrath: I can't say I hate any of my ponies. I have the G4 wedding castle and that's sort of a waste of space. And the Petite Pony carousel. The playset is cute and everything but I don't own any Petite ponies! I only have one. $10 for a figure smaller than a quarter isn't worth it!

Gluttony: I caved in and bought a Sandbar for $30 on Amazon. That's twice the price you'd pay normally, but I know I won't be able to find him anywhere in stores. I feel bad for spending that much on a G4... and his eyes were messed up to boot!

Lust: I love yellow ponies! Can't go wrong with yellow. But a pony I have a connection with is Meadowbrook... I'm not sure why! If she had more releases she could've easy become an army pony for me.

Pride: My Paradise Estate, of course! Near complete with additional accessories, a pony, and two Megans, $125.

Sloth: Dusting, dusting, dusting! I wish I was better at hair styling too. I wash and brush the pony and that's good enough for me... I have stubby fingers and it's hard for me to try to curl hair without me getting tangled up in it... and I have no idea how to braid!

Envy: A Takara, naturally. I grew up loving Hello Kitty, so a Sanrio-like pony is a dream. And I'd like to own all cat-themed ponies one day, but I'm stingy, so Baby Katie is probably out of the picture. Confetti I felt like was going to be unobtainable since there aren't ever any in good condition on eBay, good thing Basic Fun came to the rescue!

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 04:15:30 AM »
Greed: Most expensive was a MIB Takara with her Styling house. The cheapest I think was a Spanish Trucker for about 5€.

Wrath: Currently have none

Gluttony: I bought a collection with about 300 ponies 3 years ago.

Lust: So Soft Bangles - she's just in one of my favourite poses and I love her design, color scheme and the soft and furry fur.

Pride: I'm proud to own so many customs by my most favourite customiser - PoniesYeah (5 of them)

Sloth: I don't like putting up descriptions for auctions - just take too long.

Envy: My grails are the Takara Ponies I don't own yet. And the 2 Italian blue ponies - Posey and Lickety Split

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 08:18:02 AM »
Greed: Your most expensive and least expensive figure.
Either Re Unicorno or Sweetie Blue:

(on the right - note to self, take better pic of Sweetie later)

Cheapest would be.. hmm.. maybe the G2 Ivy that started it all - she was free. :P Or, ahh, I did win a raffle for two pricy ponies recently, but then I guess I still paid for the raffle tickets, so.. Yeah, gonna go with Ivy for this one.

Wrath: A figure you have a love-hate relationship with.
Um. Maybe those Takara buildable G4s, their hair just won't! stay! on!! That's all that's coming to mind for this one.

Gluttony: This could be splurging, such as a big lot/trade, going wild at a store/online/toy convention. Or a character you army build.
Nothing's really coming to mind.. I guess how I've gone out of my way to get more obscure G4 merch (Chupa Chups, etc) or maybe... uhhh.. my Trixie army? I'm bad at this one.. I guess I do tend to get whole sets just for one or two parts of it, but I do that with everything, not just MLP (in fact I think I do it less with MLP, because there's more chance I'll find the specific piece individually on eBay or w/e :p), so.. I dunno. I'm bad at this question.  :blush:

Lust: One of your most favorite figs ever and why.
The aforementioned G2 Ivy. Sentimental reasons; she's the pony I count as "my first pony" and she was the one that started it all, for me. I love her. 'w'

Pride: A figure you are proud of. This could be a reward for a real life goal, a custom/commission, one you scrimped and saved for, one you got for a killer deal, a minty fig, a rare variant or mib etc.
Re Unicorno!!! He was one of my ultimate grails, and I still can't believe I have him. I love him sooo much :heart:

Sloth: Something you don't like doing, or are lazy about. i.e dusting, spa days, restoration, cataloguing.
oh spa days, definitely. And taking photos/sorting out the shelves.. I mean, I *like* doing those things, it's just finding the time to do it that's the tricky part. Oh, and listing extras on eBay. It took so long to get it all prepared (photos, desc etc) anyway, and now eBay keep changing their dang site every other minute to make it *even more* annoying to list items! :stressed:

Envy: Ultimate Grail. Perhaps an unobtainable one.
Felicidades!! And the prototype Pony Friends dolls, specifically the one that went with Kingsley - she's my 'unobtainable' grail. :P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:19:54 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
Unicorno. :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 05:11:23 AM »
this seems so fun!!!!!!!! it can be a nice  instgram challange

sadly i cant see all of your pic in my workplace :)

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 05:45:39 PM »
Greed: Most expensive is my G3 custom Tacoma Fire, $60. Cheapest and one of my very favorites. My BFF gifted me with her childhood Remco unicorn.

Wrath: Those G4 Mcdonalds toys, they're infesting my local thrift store. There's only one I like and I finally have her, DJ.

Gluttony: Yum Yum IronFist weekender bag, bought it on eBay and it was a splurge ($80). Love the 80s look and it's a nice size.

Lust: G1 Moondancer, her symbols still have glitter and though she is tailless. She's my favorite because the day I found her (toy bin at a Sci-fi con). I got some of the best news of my life.

Pride: The Remco fakie that belonged to my BFF when she was a kid. It's been well loved and I'm honored its now part of my herd.

Sloth:  Dusting, oh how I hate dusting my collection

Envy: MIB Starshine, she was one of my favorites always wanted G1s though I never owned her. To me, she's also one of the mainstays of the retro merch. So it would be a lovely tie between the two but oh the cost.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 06:56:51 PM »
Greed: My most expensive pony was Thundercloud, I paid 150$ for him and least expensive are my childhood ponies, I didn't pay anything for them  :P joking aside most of the ponies I have I paid a dollar or less for, maybe one of my favorites was the .25¢ Birthday pony I got this past summer at a garage sale with several other ponies of the same price

Wrath: I don't really have any thing about ponies, I guess I don't like collector pose ponies but I want them for completions sake

Gluttony: For this I would say my princess attendant dragons, I was really impatient on collecting them and over paid on a couple just because I had to have them right now!

Lust: Oakley! He's so cute and I got him for just 3$

Pride: I'm most proud of a few finds, I found lavender dream castle this past summer (along with the aforementioned birthday pony) for 4$ and just this past Friday I found Mimic with accessories at the thrift store for 1$

Sloth: I knew I wouldn't want to dust to I paid for glass doors on my display cabinets haha! I'm most lazy about not selling my doubles off, I have a huge tote box of them but even then lure of money can't make me list them

Envy: Baby Sugarcake  and Baby Gametime I'd say right now

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 02:02:48 AM »
What a great game! I need to put a bit of thought into this.  :wonder:

My most expensive figure must be the wishing well, and the least expensive get to be one of my fakies that I usually get for half a dollar or so.

That's got to be my scandinavian exclusive porcelain Firefly! She's so rare and unique but she's also... ugly to me. I started collecting the porcelains because their soft pastel apperance and she can't really compete with the others on that. She's just not well made or beautiful - she's just rare. I've been considering seller her and I most likely will some day. But at the same time, if I do that I'll probably never own her again since I've ever just seen this one.

Gluttony: This could be splurging, such as a big lot/trade, going wild at a store/online/toy convention. Or a character you army build.
I wish I had some real pony-gluttony in me. But even when I was into collecting the most I never had tons of ponies - I'm just to careful (or cowardly) with what I buy. But I do have one exeption - My soma collection. I could collect thousands of these and never be satisfied!  :cool:

Applejack! She was my first porcelain and my heart just skips a beat when I hold her - she's truly the pearl of my collection and I can clearly recall the moment I found her.

Pride: A figure you are proud of. This could be a reward for a real life goal, a custom/commission, one you scrimped and saved for, one you got for a killer deal, a minty fig, a rare variant or mib etc.
It's Applejack :P :newpony: I did get her for a killer deal - less than a dollar at a second hand store.

Sloth: Something you don't like doing, or are lazy about. i.e dusting, spa days, restoration, cataloguing.
Styling. I'm okay as far as straw curls go but I'm not really good at it. So I prefer collecting hair-free ponies  :sheepish:

I saw a pocelain I've never seen before go on an online auction-site. And I was about to bid on it but I fell asleep  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I'll probably never get a chance on that one again and I'll never know if it was a custom or a real deal.  :cry:
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2019, 06:38:47 AM »
That Snowglobe pony is so sweet and unusual. I love her colors. Does she have a name?

Officially these figurines have nameless. There are 3 models with different color combinations/symbols that makes them many different ponies (more than 50!).

As for me, I've never named her. I've tried but I'm not good with names  :lol:

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2019, 12:33:37 PM »
My most expensive figure was MIB Princess Tiffany, and my least expensive figure is probably one of the .99c blind bag ponies via eBay from China. Zero regrets.

I have a love-hate relationship with my Rarity army! I love that pony, and I have some of the best releases of her...but for some reason when I see them all together I get conflicted feelings. They look so crowded, and they don't display nicely. Right now they're in storage, so I'm just putting it off...but I may have to thin them out a bit...

Hmmm...I've definitely made some impulsive eBay offers and insomnia bids in the wee hours of the morning when I'm not at my best...

I wish there was more Mirror Mirror out there, but I can't find any variants or merch to lust after! I think she's such an interesting color scheme and I love her symbol.

I got a killer deal on my Brazilian Bow Tie!

I have no catalog...maybe I should? Every few months I quiz my boyfriend to make sure he knows which ponies in my collection are valuable in case something happens to me, but I know exactly who he'd call in that highly unlikely circumstance.  ^_~

Oh man...MIB Furga blue Cotton Candy is probably the most unattainable grail on my wishlist, but I've made my peace with her. <3 
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 11:28:13 AM »
Ok...here goes!

Greed: I just want ALL THE PONIES!!  :lol: Seriously, though, I'm not a completionist and so I only want the ponies I actually like. To my mind, that means no purchase is made through greed, just necessity! At least that's what I tell myself  :snicker:

Lust: NIRVANAS... these are the ponies I lust after... :frolic:  :jealous:

Pride: I think I'm just proud of my whole collection and how I keep it and catalogue it. I like to gaze lovingly on the piles of clear boxes stacked up in the corner of my spare room and think to myself, "That's a decent collection right there"  :lol: If I had to pick just one set I'm proud of, it would be my complete set of MIB G3 winter series ponies  :cold:

Envy: Ok, this I'm not proud of, but I can't help it. I'm quite envious of all the US buyers who seem to be able to buy ponies so cheaply on Ebay. Here in the UK postage is often hugely prohibitive and everything seems to cost twice as much!  :shocked:

Gluttony: See "Greed" above...

Sloth: Spa days/restoration, without a doubt!  :cloud:

Wrath: I have a love/hate relationship with any pony I think I've paid too much for. This especially goes for Baby AJ who, I was lead to believe when I first started collecting 20+ years ago, was rare and expensive! I paid £26 for her back then (which was loads!) and now you can pick her up for much less and she's not rare at all  :enraged:

Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 01:58:45 PM »

A minty Medley - $23.  Least would be a tailless Applejack I found at a garage sale, I think I eventually gave her away.

Butterscotch.  She's so pretty!  But always stained/spotted in some way.  I don't get it.

About 4 years ago I paid $100 for a large lot of ponies.  Luckily, they were all in nice condition.

G1 Glory.  She kind of represents all unicorns for me.

I don't know... Bouncy?  She is a pony I always liked and suddenly I had her and she is so like new, she even has her factory curls.

Taking photos of my ponies makes my back hurt.  A lot.

Mimic.  Oh, I know that's kind of lame but I don't want to pay her going price.  The only reason why she's a grail is that I wanted her as a kid.  It's harder for me to get excited about ponies I don't know from childhood excluding some of the UK ponies.  I love that they have Baby Applejack and Baby Bowtie.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal