collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Novia accessories  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
Novia accessories
« on: January 26, 2019, 03:54:00 AM »
I have Novia with her 'original ring, veil and cake. How do I know if they are real or were replaced with the regular brides accessories by the seller? Comparison pics would be super :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 04:18:52 AM by Saoirse »

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
Re: Novia accessories
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:27:54 AM »
There is a pic of Novia here; http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Truly#Argentinian_Truly

The only bride pony I can think of that came with cake is Pony Bride
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 07:30:37 AM by Strawberrysweets »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 05:31:08 PM »
There is another here MIB in the nirvana gallery

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=216691

I recall a thread on this subject ages ago, I’ll see if I can find it.

ETA

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,335785.msg861649.html#msg861649

Love pkw xxx
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:45:39 AM by pinkkittywinks »
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 04:43:09 AM »
I took a pic of them to (hopefully!) help. The MIB pic helped thank you but it's still a little hard to tell! The left hand veil is pony Brides, it's a lot smaller? The ring I couldn't take a comparison pic, oddly enough for my bridal pony obsession I don't have a ring for Bridal beauty :lol:
The cake is quite damaged, sticker on the middle tier is ripped off on the other side to that I photo'ed..

I'm fingers crossed they are authentic, as I said I'm a pony bride freak, so want all the stuff someday :)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2567881113254470&id=100000978204935

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 07:10:50 AM »
The veil lace is completely different than the US pony bride, so that should be easy to tell apart. There are 2? lace variations I think.   Neither of those you show in your link Saoirse is Argentine unfortunately :(  I'll ID them in a bit.

The cake and ring are pretty much the same as the Pony Bride release.   

Her comb is a sun pick, and I've got pics of her with a blue sun pick and red ribbon, or a pink sun pick with gold ribbon.   I'll gather some images for you in a bit ;)

Post Merge: January 31, 2019, 11:55:11 AM

The top veil is correctly identified as Pony Bride's.
Spoiler

But that bottom veil in the facebook photo is from the ponywear Something Old Something New.  You can tell easily by the beaded "crown" top, and the lace trimming along the sides. But also the main lace of the veil is unique to that ponywear outfit.  So unfortunately, it is not from Argentina :(
Spoiler

MIB Something Old Something New

Because the cake and ring don't really have distinctive features that look different from Pony Bride's, and considering the veil is wrong, I wouldn't trust they come from Argentina either.   

Here is my MIB Novia

It's hard to see the lace pattern without taking the pony out of the packaging, so I laid a black cloth underneath.

And a couple of other veil lace variations from Argentina. 

Actually, the Argentine veil is closest to Pony Bride's. Neither one has a special "crown" on top, and neither has special lace trim on the side edges. Instead, they have what looks like the same style of lace bundled at the top, and the sides of the veil are cut in a wavy pattern along the edges.   It's just the pattern of the lace that's different between Novia and Pony Bride.

In contrast, Something Old Something New ponywear,  Satin n Lace, and UK Confetti all have a special crown-like feature on top (either beaded, or silver thread), and they all have special lace trims that line each side of the veil, trim that usually matches the trim on the dress. 
Spoiler
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:55:19 AM by ashlyne »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 02:25:01 PM »
Thank you so much for posting ashlyne :heart: I recalled there being a difference in the lace, but wasn't totally sure.

Ahslyne would you mind if I added your pictures to the nirvana gallery? :cheer: I notice the comb your boxed Novia is different to the one in the gallery. This isn't surprising though.

Love pkw xxx

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:16:09 AM by pinkkittywinks »

Offline Saoirse

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »
Bleh, you win you lose, it's disappointing but hey :lol:

I feel a bit silly for not knowing, I've spent years obsessing collecting my brides (that sounds unhealthy :lol:) , but I have never had the something old, something new outfit, I just collect the ponies! Although I would love that set moc....anyway!

I got them long ago and the seller told me they were the matching bits, but she might not have known either :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:50:07 AM by Saoirse »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 05:16:38 AM »
Thank you so much for posting ashlyn :heart: I recalled there being a difference in the lace, but wasn't totally sure.

Ahslyne would you mind if I added your pictures to the nirvana gallery? :cheer: I notice the combine your boxed Novia is different to the one in the gallery. This isn't surprising though.

Love pkw xxx

Sure thing PKW  :)  You have my permission. 

Saoirse, if you ever have questions about bridal stuff, I collect it too.  I have 3 (or 4.....geez can't remember) different packing styles for Pony Bride alone. Pony Bride also had two different types of "stones" in her ring.  There are at least 3 different variations of the Something Old outfit, including a rare heart-shaped lace trim variation. There are also hard white shoes and soft white shoes for that outfit.    There are at least 3 different lace trim styles for Satin'n'Lace and UK Confetti.    I even have what *might* be a prototype veil for Bridal Beauty with pink lace trim.  Can't decide on that one. It doesn't look post-production dyed to me but I've never seen another either in real life or in print. 

In any case, it's a bit of a mind bender, but I'm happy to help sort out the mess.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 08:48:49 AM »
Thank you so much Ashlyne :heart: it is these little details that are important :) and I love being able to add new information and pony wear to the nirvana gallery ;)

ETA I notice they all have different coloured tail ribbons too :P white, yellow and orange!

Love pkw xxx
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 08:50:29 AM by pinkkittywinks »

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 02:56:25 PM »
Just as a little extra info: I've noticed in the past that while on images the argie combs/picks look similar to the US ones, they really are a tiny bit smaller and the features like the raised sun of the sun pick are a little less distinct/accurate. So it really is not a real option to replace those pieces with the regular US accessories of matching colour, if it's not to only maintain the original colour scheme a pony has together with her accessories.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal