collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintage kids anime that DVD forgot...  (Read 8270 times)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage kids anime that DVD forgot...
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2019, 02:56:33 PM »
Most the cartoons I watched on Nickelodeon were about animals. I also remember something about raccoons... but I'm not sure if it was Nickelodeon or Disney.

The Raccoons maybe? Not sure if it was ever on Nick or Disney, though.

That's it!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2019, 06:03:25 PM »
“The Adventures of The Little Prince” is on DVD :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2019, 09:46:12 PM »
I have the Little Prince DVD set. It's expensive. I don't remember ever seeing Eureeka's castle on DVD. Mostly, I want to find Maple Town.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 07:13:09 AM »
The Raccoons was on Disney Channel--at least that was where I watched it.

Recess never got a proper release as far as I'm aware.  They had The Recess Movie, Recess: All Growed Down, Recess: Takes the 5th, and Recess: Miracle at 3rd Street School.  Each "movie" had a couple of bonus episodes on the disc but other than the actual Recess Movie, the others were made up of three cartoons with some filler material in between.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 07:15:03 AM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 07:14:12 AM »
Most the cartoons I watched on Nickelodeon were about animals. I also remember something about raccoons... but I'm not sure if it was Nickelodeon or Disney.

That's it!

That's nostalgic. Whenever that was on in the morning my Dad would come watch it with us, he loved it. So every Saturday he'd be working in the kitchen and we'd be like, DAD! RACCOONS! and that'd be it for him for the next half an hour <3

Over here it was on terrestrial as part of the weekend morning show stuff - but I don't remember which channel. I am leaning towards ITV but I may be wrong. Either way I never saw it on any cable channel.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2019, 07:24:59 AM »

That's it!

That's nostalgic. Whenever that was on in the morning my Dad would come watch it with us, he loved it. So every Saturday he'd be working in the kitchen and we'd be like, DAD! RACCOONS! and that'd be it for him for the next half an hour <3

Over here it was on terrestrial as part of the weekend morning show stuff - but I don't remember which channel. I am leaning towards ITV but I may be wrong. Either way I never saw it on any cable channel.

It was either ITV or BBC The Racoons was on, hoping to get the complete DVD collection

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2019, 07:34:55 AM »

That's it!

It was either ITV or BBC The Racoons was on, hoping to get the complete DVD collection

Yeah, I agree. On one of their long morning airing shows for kids...it might have been BBC. Either way it wasn't cable.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2019, 07:47:22 AM »
The Raccoons was on Disney Channel--at least that was where I watched it.

Recess never got a proper release as far as I'm aware.  They had The Recess Movie, Recess: All Growed Down, Recess: Takes the 5th, and Recess: Miracle at 3rd Street School.  Each "movie" had a couple of bonus episodes on the disc but other than the actual Recess Movie, the others were made up of three cartoons with some filler material in between.
Near positive I remember it as the Disney Channel too we only got to afford the Disney channel once in a while so wasn't just another button on the remote. Strange shows like that would come and go... never got to figure out why some of the creatures noses were drawn bent, but it looked more like a trunk to me, and I was waiting to see if they ever used like one. The Wuzzles were after all two creatures in one.
Anyway... this youtube user seems to agree that it was Disney:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72TEjLMm81U

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2019, 08:19:13 AM »

That's it!

It was on the BBC :) At least in the early 2000s. Still have some eps of it taped alongside Peter Rabbit and Friends.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2019, 09:46:59 AM »
Racoons was on Disney Channel in the US. :)

Some other anime titles that aired on Nickelodeon in the US are

Belle and Sebastain, Maya the Honey Bee, Maple Town, and Mysterious Cities of Gold.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2019, 07:00:21 PM »
Not anime or cartoon, but I don't think Zoobilee Zoo has ever been released on DVD. I loved that show.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2019, 03:20:20 AM »

That's it!

It was on the BBC :) At least in the early 2000s. Still have some eps of it taped alongside Peter Rabbit and Friends.

I am thinking of when it was on in the nineties but it would make sense if it was always bbc aired so probably it was the same. Sister and I watched it as kids and I was 18 in 2000 so it must have been before that...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2019, 10:39:19 AM »
I wish American Dragon: Jake Long, Lilo and Stitch the series and the 90s Disney series like Aladdin and Hercules would be released. So many Disney 90s cartoons are available now but not those.

Also I loved Zoobilee Zoo also. Watched all the time when I was little^^ Don't think I could stomach that one now though lol

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »
I admit, I would like to be able to see more than about three episodes of pokemon in Japanese without having to be in Japan to do it.

I saw some of whichever series was airing when I was over there, and I think somewhere I have a Japanese DVD of one of the other series, but yeah. That's annoying.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2019, 12:17:36 PM »
It really is shocking that it's 2019 and there *still* hasn't been a release of Pokemon in Japanese outside of Japan itself :( I know there's a lot of ground to cover, but you'd think they could release the movies in both languages, at least..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal