collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 7 Deadly Sins of MLP Collectors  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
7 Deadly Sins of MLP Collectors
« on: January 23, 2019, 09:16:17 PM »
This is a neat game some toy collectors play. Usually on youtube. You take a deadly sin and (if you want,) show a figure to represent it along with a short explanation.

Greed: Your most expensive and least expensive figure.

Wrath: A figure you have a love-hate relationship with.

Gluttony: This could be splurging, such as a big lot/trade, going wild at a store/online/toy convention. Or a character you army build.

Lust: One of your most favorite figs ever and why.

Pride: A figure you are proud of. This could be a reward for a real life goal, a custom/commission, one you scrimped and saved for, one you got for a killer deal, a minty fig, a rare variant or mib etc.

Sloth: Something you don't like doing, or are lazy about. i.e dusting, spa days, restoration, cataloguing.

Envy: Ultimate Grail. Perhaps an unobtainable one.

I'll post pic-links of mine with each later. Takes a while on a phone.

Greed: My most expensive is Deidara. I paid well over $100 to commission him. My least expensive, barring gifts, is Styling Starcatcher. I paid a few bucks at the swapmeet.

https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/Ice-Skater-Posed-Ponies-779675953

https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/Re-pinked-Star-Catcher-631332013

Gluttony: The biggest trade I ever did was somewhere around 10-12 ponies. Half for my daughter, half for me.

https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/Trade-Brag-2-659816384

Lust: Fizzy. She was my most favorite childhood pony and she's my most favorite now. Common, elegant, unique, beautiful and upbeat. Getting her back, was like greeting an old friend you hadn't seen in a long time.

https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/TE-Fizzy-713229723

Pride: MO Starhopper: Love really is blind sometimes. I was so thrilled seeing her for sale and for cheap, that not only did I not give a crap about the awful rust-splosion, I didn't even notice she was sporting a mohawk until later. I was very proud of cleaning up her rusty body without gagging and she was sent off to be rehaired. Now restored, she's one of the crown jewels of my collection.

https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/MLP-n-Transformers-Close-Encounters-696233415

Sloth: Sometimes I'm a slow shipper. Especially in the summertime where the temperature can soar to over 100 degrees with dry heat,  and we have wildfires nearly every year. I hafta walk to the post office, so as a result of this embarrassing ordeal, I've decided to stop trading for now.  :redface:

I'm also a bit lazy about finishing my customs.

Envy: Star Glow. She's not unobtainable, but she sure is hard to find.

Wrath: My G4s. I like some of them a lot, but their deformed bodies next to my G1s and G3s irritate me. And the toxic sub-fandom sometimes spoils my enjoyment in buying or owning them.

https://www.deviantart.com/littlekunai/art/The-4th-Gen-Group-673711815
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:14:14 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Deadly Sins of MLP Collectors
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 01:34:51 AM »
Greed: My most expensive pony was Tornado, about £90 including shipping. But worth it because I love him. My least expensive (excluding gifts) was Bedtime Newborn Sunset, who was 50p from a charity shop.

Gluttony: Do I really need quite so many G4 blindbag ponies? Yes, yes I do!

Lust: Baby Ribbon is my all-time favourite pony, she was the founding member of my collection and also a gift from my girlfriend, so an all-round sentimental value pony.

Pride: There's a few restorations I'm proud of. Most recently, I'm really pleased with my rehaired NC Applejack. Instead of just leaving her with super-long hair because I was afraid of cutting it too short, I courageously took the scissors to her and managed to style it like an original mane :lovey:

Sloth: I enjoy dusting when I get round to it, but for some reason I put it off. I'm also so so bad at getting rid of extra toys that I don't actually want....letting go is hard!

Envy: Mexican Nibbles!

Wrath: My box of hair for rehairing. I have SO MUCH pony hair, but never seem to have the colour I want....

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 02:39:22 AM »
Greed/Covetousness: In a word - completionism. Though this only applies to G1, that's plenty to be going on with. My most expensive pony however was probably Paradise (see below). My least expensive - free ponies from carboot vendors, traded for ponies...I guess the one that wins here is Rapunzel, who I essentially paid 50p for...

Wrath:
All of the Sundae Best ponies. Because of the above completionism. But their moulds look weird and most of them have horrible scents.

Gluttony: Buying a large lot of backcards a few years ago. It may not seem a big deal, but it wasn't cheap and I don't regret it at all :D

Lust: Brazilian Paradise. Because I wrote stories about Paradise as a kid, but the Brazilian one is the only one that looks like how I imagined her as a child.

Pride: MOC Tic Tac Toe on her UK card. Because she's probably the only one left and because she exists, we know the UK card was different. Also I guess Baby Susie because she's the only one in existence as far as we know - and I got her for a steal.

Sloth: Organising anything. Cataloguing. Pony spa days. Too many...

Envy: Baby Sugarcake. 20 years and still hunting. Also MOC Windy and MOC Ripple (on UK cards). I know they're out there somewhere o.O.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »
Greed : most of my ponies aren't worth much tbh and I don't pay much for them. The most I've paid for a pony was probably my Seawinkle with Sealight's shell for $25. The least I've paid for a pony would be my Starglow, who was pretty much free since she was a hand-me-down from my older sister.

Wrath : G3 Royal Beauty, the pony that came with the Celebration Castle on Black Friday. She's rare and super pretty but mine has bad hair that never looks nice and her cutie mark and hoof heart have rubs :(

Gluttony : As much as I hate all the Mane 6 repeats, I do have a decent sized Twilight Sparkle army. I can never pass her up.

Lust : Definitely G1 Yum Yum. As much as my favorite pony changes, I always admire her. I adore her pastel colors and candy theme.

Pride : Not necessarily a pony, but my G1 picture disc that was a UK exclusive. I'd been hunting it down for ages and finally snagged one for a decent price. It's even got the lyrics sheet!

Sloth : Dusting. It's always dusting. I'll admit, I only wipe the dust off of my ponies when I take pictures of them or when it's time to reorganize. I don't dust simply to dust.

Envy : Brazilian North Star. I'm not sure what it is about her, but I think she's super lovely.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 03:38:34 PM »
Greed: Most expensive.. not a normal pony, but it would be the robo-Twilight for the FiM Movie, since I got her at full MSRP price ($129.99). My most expensive regular pony would be, I think Sealight with her shell for $40?

Wrath: Flower Garland. The Divine Shine set are all so pretty but of course they have that awful plastic breakdown issue, my Flower Garland is super sticky and I hate touching her, she feels so gross and I feel the need to wash my hands whenever I touch her plastic. Sometimes if I have to pick her up for whatever reason (usually reorganizing my G3 display), I try to grab her by her mane or tail instead. Oh, and another one, every single G3 with either the pink or orange shades of hair that can dry rot.

Gluttony: Well, there isn't a single pony out there I would ever "pass" on. Ones I wouldn't actively seek out, of course. But there isn't a single pony in existence I would ever not buy if I happened upon them in the wild, at thrift stores and whatnot (if the price is fair of course). Any and all ponies I will buy if I find them when thrifting, regardless of condition, if the price is decent and I don't have them already. So I have a whole bunch of ponies that aren't necessarily favorites of mine, because I feel a need to take home all ponies I find in the wild that I don't have already.

Lust: Spring Song is my #1 favorite pony, so her of course! As for why... something with her simple color scheme and pose. She was just a Goodwill find when I bought her and was in really nice condition, too. She just managed to sneak her way to the top of my favorites shortly after I thrifted her.

Pride: So Soft Taffy, probably. Got her for only $4 at the local antique mall, so it was nice getting a more hard to find pony for a nice price. She has very nice flocking, too, only missing some on the tips of her ears, and a little on the bottom of some hooves. Similarly, G1 Merriweather at the Goodwill (so 99 cents).

Sloth: I don't dust my ponies really... I only really ever do it when I reorganize them. It's just.... not fun. I also have some ponies that have tail rust that I need to get around to eventually, but I put them off for various reasons. One's a Drink n Wet baby, which would probably be the easiest of the bunch to do, the only unique issue there would be taking out the tube and putting it back. But as for the rest... a Peek-A-Boo baby pony, which I'm absolutely terrified of tackling and put off because I don't want to break her due to her gimmick. Finally, a few G3s because taking off G3 heads is the absolute worst with the tougher glue.

Envy: A Takara pony... it's never gonna happen, I just do not have the patience in me to save up over a thousand bucks just for a pony. I want one so bad but man I am not that patient. I could maybe save upwards of a couple hundred for cheaper grails like a few Nirvanas (particularly a Piggy Pony), but $1,000+? Nah couldn't do it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 03:40:11 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 07:23:31 PM »
These games are always fun.  ^.^
Greed: Most expensive that I've been gifted is the Munchy I just got for Christmas. The most expensive that I've bought was my Venezuelan Tootsie SB for $35 at the fair. I've been lucky so far and found most of my ponies for pretty cheap.
The least expensive was when I found lavender Satin 'n Lace for $1, and she cleaned up beautifully.

Wrath: I got a Piccolo at an indoor flea market. She's so cute and I love her pose, and I have a soft spot for ponies with tinsel. She was also wearing an adorable pink raincoat! Her mane is so sticky though...It's still so sticky. I'll have to give her another wash soon and be more thorough, but I'm not sure it'll all come out anyway.

Gluttony: I spent the most at the 2018 Pony Fair. Bye bye $300! To be fair, I did get a $200 bonus and had some birthday money at that time. My Sunny Daze army is fairly well-contained at the moment.

Lust: Wave Runner for sure. I love seahorses and her green hair is an absolutely lovely color, I even dyed my hair that shade this past summer.  :P Her gimmick is also super sweet? She's just all around perfect.

Pride: The Satin 'n Lace I mentioned earlier! She just cleaned up so well for a $1 pony...

Sloth: Thanks to MLPMerch, cataloguing is no longer an issue. It's the amount of ponies that need de-rusting building up so much...

Envy: I think Brazil Truly...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »
We’re all sinners here!
Greed: most expensive pony would be happyglow. 20 bucks for him, but I adore him and his glow in the dark stars. Least expensive? Heartthrob. She was gifted to me by a family friend who’s cousins took...less than acceptable care of their ponies. She’s trying to see if, since they don’t play with the ponies anymore, if we can ship them here for me.
Wrath: princess royal purple. I was so phsyched to find her as I’d only heard of the eyelash ponies. And her eyelashes have gotten messed up, so now she has angry eyebrows. But when I was unbraiding her tail to wash her, the whole thing came out! She is to date the only squeaky butt pony I have. And I hate that my first experience home with her was a surprise balding treatment.
Gluttony: me at any antique/vintage toy shop ever. I try to contain myself, but golly I have to have that pony...and that one...and that one there!
Lust: mlp bag that has Michelle creber, Rebecca soichet and kelly Sheridan autographs on it. I have many fond memories of the 2016 bronycan, as it was my first con.
Pride: mlp tales animation cell. I’m going into animation as a career, and I enjoy collecting old animation related things. This is the only cell I have, and I love it dearly. Gotta get it framed though...
Sloth (my favourite animal): cataloguing. I really should get to this, really I should. But then life happens, or I’m too lazy to do it.
Envy: a good/possibly even amazing or mint condition g1 unicorn twilight. I want the so soft too, but I can never find any twilights around here. Someday, I will find her and welcome another star/space themed pony into my intergalactic herd.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 02:02:08 PM »
Ooh. Fun game!

Greed: I have ponies worth more, but the one I paid the most for is Mimic. Going by value, perhaps Soft Sweet Newborn Sweet Dreams? Baby TAF Up Up and Away? Cha Cha, Cuteasaurus or Oakly? I'm admittedly not sure.
Least expensive is hard to say. Perhaps Baby Frosting?

Wrath: TAF Sundance. She's a beautiful pony but mine is in rough shape and in need of an upgrade.
Euro Princess Sparkle. I made a replacement saddle cover for her out of Sculpey and it keeps breaking!

Gluttony: I always get myself something more expensive on my birthday. This year it was Edgar the Elephant.

Lust: Night Glider. She's so beautiful and I got her for a great price.

Pride: My Soft Sweet Newborn Sweet Dreams, I think. $3 at Savers!

Sloth: My tiny pony room is actually shared space with our walk in closet. If part of my display gets messed up I'm so lazy to get things back in order.

Envy: Rapunzel, of course.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 02:57:31 PM »
Greed: I think the most expensive I have is a blue-hearts Dazzleglow for around 30 usd.  Cheapest... well you can't get any cheaper than someone gifting you a childhood toy for free, which my G3 Rainbow Swirl was.

Wrath: Everything with fading-pink hair.  I don't have any curtains or blinds on the FOUR WINDOWS in my room, and the windows also aren't treated to block UV light.  I thought I had put ponies with fading pink hair in locations out of the way of the sun, but clearly not because a bunch faded.  I love the color but I've had to hide them all away...

Gluttony: I have a bit of an obsession with ponies with glitter on them or sparkly tinsel.  I go nuts for them if I see them in decent shape!

Lust: G3 Merriweather.  She's pink!  She's yellow!  She has glitter on her forehead AND symbol!  She has tinsel in her hair!

Pride: I have this G1 Cupcake with great hair, a pure white body, and immaculate flocking.  Even commonly rubbed areas like the ears and hooves are perfect.

Sloth: Dusting.  No one likes dusting.

Envy: One day I'll obtain her, a Majesty who is actually in perfect shape.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2019, 09:00:30 AM »
Greed: My most expensive pony was either Baby Sugarberry or my MOC Baby Mischief. Both weren't really crazy expensive though. Cheapest? I guess that was Princess Sparkle for only €0,10!

Wrath: Dutch Baby Cat. She was a childhood pony, but I don't have her anymore. She goes for crazy amounts of money now, but because she's a Dutch pony I'm still waiting for her to show up at a fleamarket. I refuse to buy a Dutch pony from another country. :P

Gluttony: I don't have enough money for that...

Lust: Baby Sunribbon! Also, aqua/light blue ponies with chartreuse/yellow hair, I have a major weakness for those... :heart:

Pride: MOC Baby Mischief! :smug: She's my only MOC though, so there's your reason. :P

Sloth: Selling ponies I don't want. :lookround:

Envy: Any pony I will never have. NSS Truly, a perfectly deflocked Paradise, a couple of Argie babies, Brazil Baby Lofty, Nightlight...

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2019, 01:16:13 PM »
Greed: The most coin I ever dropped on a single pony was my My Pretty Pony ($60US + International shipping {don't ask}), boxed and 98% complete. I called her a birthday present to myself, lol! The least... well, I have several that ultimately ended up costing me nothing as they came in lots, and by the time I moved on what I didn't want, they owed me barely anything  :blush:  Red Roses for example... she's ultimately only cost me just a $1...

Wrath: I'm going to say playsets in general. I love them and want them so bad... but they are so expensive to ship internationally  :cry:

Gluttony: I recently spent $100US on a lot just to get one pony in it. She was worth it  ;)

Lust: I couldn't say why, but I just love (love love love) my Mexican Applejack. She's just so darn pretty.

Pride: MO Sweet Scoops seems an obvious answer. I got her for a dirt cheap buy now on ebay. Now com'on Punzie!!!  :lol: :lol:

Sloth: I really need to photograph my collection. Individually. Not easy when they're all in storage  :lookround:

Envy: Lavender Lace, Cherry Treats and Skylark. All beautiful, minty ponies I once had who I sold in a big collection sell off that parts of I now deeply regret. I'll get them back. One day.

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 05:29:12 PM »
Greed: my most expensive pony was Spanish Masquerade

Wrath: I don't have my flat feet crew out on display because they fall over and it infuriates me.

Gluttony: I have, several times, went well over my set spending limit at MLP fairs.

Lust: I really enjoy my moc Masquerade. I needed her.

Pride: I found a near mint Crumpet at a flea market for way less than she was worth.

Sloth: I'm really lazy about cataloging accessories.

Envy: Masquerade in Whizzer's pose.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline Perikoala

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 06:20:08 PM »
Greed: My most expensive pony is piggy Lemon Drop and the cheapest I've paid was Baby Brother Sweet Celebrations for 2€.

Spoiler
No piggy picture yet, sorry!

Wrath: G3 ponies. I love them but I'm not fond of most of their color choices so its kind of a love-hate relationship. Also I find the babies weird with those long legs :lookround:

Gluttony: I spent a lot of money in a mostly nirvana lot while ago but it was worth it. I'm still very happy about it and called it the treasure box :P

Spoiler

Lust: I'd choose any of the TAFs but this time I wanna say one of my childhood favourites: Caramel Crunch. Not sure why I love her so much, maybe because I lost her when I was very young and I never got over it.

Spoiler

Pride: A very special thing I have is a pony snow globe my mom gifted me when I was little. It seems that those snowglobes are very rare and I only know about mine and another one that recently appeared.

Spoiler

Sloth: I don't really like to conditioning and rinse hair. I find it boring! :P

Envy: I recently got my grail one. Next in the list would be Baby Heart Throb to complete my Spanish baby set!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2019, 06:54:44 PM »
That Snowglobe pony is so sweet and unusual. I love her colors. Does she have a name?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2019, 07:50:52 PM »
I did mine already, but I thought of another Sloth one for me: Cataloging my collection on my Snupps page. This not only goes for MLP, but all my collections. It's just a huge pain to take all the stuff off the shelves to photograph, then having to place them all back up. Blargh.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal