collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What book are you currently reading?  (Read 6683 times)

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
What book are you currently reading?
« on: January 23, 2019, 12:13:30 PM »
I don't see one of these in the first couple of pages in the Off Topic section (except for a Manga one) so I thought I'd make one :)

What's everybody reading or what book are you hoping to read?

Edit: I'm currently reading The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, I got halfway through What Katy Did Next by Susan Coolidge and forgot about it, I really need to finish it, I was really enjoying it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:44:54 PM by StrawberrySundance »

Online Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: What book are you currently reading?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 12:50:21 PM »
Currently reading the Silmarillion... or rereading, sort of, as I've read it before years ago but it was the Finnish translation.

Next up on my reading list are Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies, a friend of mine recommended them and I got to borrow her copies. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 12:57:47 PM »
Watership Down currently. Might start on Lord of the Ring or Narnia next again

RIP other books in my shelf
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 01:13:03 PM »
Currently reading the Silmarillion... or rereading, sort of, as I've read it before years ago but it was the Finnish translation.

I have the audiobook, its pretty cool!

Watership Down currently.

I love this book, read it a couple of times! <3

Recently finished a My Little Pony Comic Book (boom 5 I think).
Im currently on Warrior Cats Season 4 (The Omen of Stars), book 3 (Night Whispers), I really enjoy it, its exciting!
Will read same season book 4 (Sign of the Moon) afterwards! :D

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »
I finished One Taste Too Many by Debra H Goldstein recently. I really enjoyed it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 01:36:50 PM »
I’m re-reading Watership Down for like
The 5th time too XD

I’m also reading Outsider by Stephen King that a friend leant me.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »
Unless you count my manga binge of Akatsuki no Yona over Christmas (which I don't), I haven't read a book for leisure in a very long time. So most recently I've read Lady Hyegyong's memoirs and am reading a daughter of Han for my first year teaching, and for my own research Japan's Orient and The National Myths...

I should be reading Genpei Jousuiki. But I am not motivated at the moment :/ Out of 48 books/8 volumes I am probably left with about 10 I haven't read anything of yet. But probably should.

The last book I read for leisure was a weird book I found in the laundry room of the place I used to live. I thought it was  a murder mystery. In the end I'm not sure that's what it was. Don't remember the title. But that was more than a year ago. And it was the first time in a long while I'd had time to read anything not related to either my research or my teaching.

I used to read all the time. So much. But having to do so much reading for research kind of puts me off doing it for leisure as well :/ So I don't have any books I particularly want to read right now.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 04:18:50 PM »
Clive Barker's Weaveworld for like the 20th time.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 09:29:48 PM »

I love Silmarillion, it has one of my favorite stories of world creation. I used to read it at least once a year when I was younger.

I am currently reading Tales from Watership Down. I got so happy when I realised there were more stories of the rabbits :heart: I didn't know until a month ago and ordered the book directly.

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 10:55:46 PM »
Edit: I'm currently reading The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella, I got halfway through What Katy Did Next by Susan Coolidge and forgot about it, I really need to finish it, I was really enjoying it.

I've read the Shopaholic series several times. They're books that I turn to when I need a bit of light-hearted fun.

I'm currently reading Jodi Picoult's latest novel, "A spark of light". It's very gripping, and I like the way it's told: It starts at the end and then moved backwards hour by hour, explaining how the events came to happen. I thought it would be confusing, but it's really good.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 11:53:14 PM »
Hunger by Alma Katsu and I love it. Though that may be because I've been to some of the areas mentioned in the book. Just started Dracul by J.D. Barker, a new take on Stoker's story as told by him. And rounding out things Annihilation, started it a few months ago and lost it in my closet. Found it today, figured I'd start reading it again, am halfway through the movie and love that. It's the spookiest movie I've seen in years and I love, love horror movies.

Had to stop watching it because I scared myself. Want to finish the movie tonight (it's almost midnight here) but know better. So maybe tomorrow, good and bright outside with a few light-hearted films lined up for afterward. Would love if there was a thread on this board to talk about it. The book is seriously, seriously trippy.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Shaz

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 01:18:30 AM »
I'm a bookaholic, I'm always reading something! At the moment I've got a pile of teen/kids books that I'm working through (some I've read before) because I've had a bit of a stressful time recently and wanted something relaxing to read. I've just read the first book in The Princess Academy series by Shannon Hale and really enjoyed it.

@StrawberrySundance, I read the What Katy Did books last year, they are just such fun! I love children's books from that era.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 01:32:35 AM »
Hunger by Alma Katsu and I love it. Though that may be because I've been to some of the areas mentioned in the book. Just started Dracul by J.D. Barker, a new take on Stoker's story as told by him. And rounding out things Annihilation, started it a few months ago and lost it in my closet. Found it today, figured I'd start reading it again, am halfway through the movie and love that. It's the spookiest movie I've seen in years and I love, love horror movies.

Had to stop watching it because I scared myself. Want to finish the movie tonight (it's almost midnight here) but know better. So maybe tomorrow, good and bright outside with a few light-hearted films lined up for afterward. Would love if there was a thread on this board to talk about it. The book is seriously, seriously trippy.
You could always start one.

I just started rereading The Swiss Family Robinson after watching the Disney movie. I had been rereading The Plains of Passage by J M Auel of her Earth Children series but lost interest.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 02:57:56 AM »
I'm currently reading Out of the Blue by Sophie Cameron.

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 04:12:06 AM »
And rounding out things Annihilation, started it a few months ago and lost it in my closet. Found it today, figured I'd start reading it again, am halfway through the movie and love that. It's the spookiest movie I've seen in years and I love, love horror movies.

That sounds like something I need to check out!

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal