collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What book are you currently reading?  (Read 6684 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: What book are you currently reading?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2019, 07:15:49 AM »
How the Irish Saved Civilization
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Loreofyore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2019, 09:55:36 PM »
 :toot: The Humanure Handbook by Joseph Jenkins... before that it was The Marsh Builders by Sharon Levy... you have to be seriously fascinated by the nutrient cycle I guess to read any two books about sewage back to back for interest like I would, I know. But what can I say, in modern times nature still seems to take better care of our business than we do, meanwhile we make a bigger mess with our mess, it's like we are all a bunch of kids or something in that way... even after we grow up. :lol:

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2019, 06:04:00 AM »
One of my resolutions was to get back into productive reading, in the sense of doing more than reading the odd article here and there. I used to do a lot of reading when I was younger, but somewhere along the lines things changed and I fell out of it for a while. Making some headway, though:

Just finished Paddington, Here And Now during my work shift. It's definitely intended for a younger audience, but enjoyable all the same!
I was (foolishly) under the impression that Paddington was an off-brand Pooh Bear, so to speak, and was pleasantly surprised to find that was not the case. :lol:

On the other end of the literary spectrum was The Catcher In The Rye, which was... you know, it's been a few days since I read it and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. In my experience the lack of resolution was anti-climatic, the pacing was slow, and despite pitying Holden he was gratingly repetitive.

Also on the side are Treasure Island, The Neverending Story and a few odd books relating to art & agriculture.

:toot: The Humanure Handbook by Joseph Jenkins... before that it was The Marsh Builders by Sharon Levy... you have to be seriously fascinated by the nutrient cycle I guess to read any two books about sewage back to back for interest like I would, I know. But what can I say, in modern times nature still seems to take better care of our business than we do, meanwhile we make a bigger mess with our mess, it's like we are all a bunch of kids or something in that way... even after we grow up. :lol:

Sewage & the like is actually quite fascinating - as an agriculture worker I've seen more than my fair share, lol. It's a sad irony in that trying to sanitize our impact, we often do more harm than good.

Mimic on MLPTP

Offline lilico

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lilico.be
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2019, 06:29:04 AM »
'New Boy', by Tracy Chevalier. Love that writer (her most famous book is 'Girl with a pearl earring')

And also 'The botany of desire', by Michael Pollan. A plant's view of the world, truly interesting.
NEW Website ! My MLP Unicorn Collection is now visible here : https://lilico-lilico.wixsite.com/mylittleuni

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2019, 10:14:46 PM »
Currently reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. Depsite many recommendations I've never read anything by him besides the ending of WoT. I was gifted this one for my birthday and it's pretty good.

I haven't read that one yet but I enjoyed "Alcatraz Vs the Evil Librarians."

I thought it was uneven. It was interesting enough to continue reading but it didn't make an impact on me, I understood quite early how it would end.

I'm on a reading roll.. Do I do anything but read? Since Elantris I've finnished off: The Beautiful Dead by Belinda Bauer, Iskalla Ögonblick (Not yet translated to English) by Viveca Sten and Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer by Fredrick Backman. I am currently reading Miss you by Kate Eberlen

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2019, 02:52:04 AM »
Nothing because I haven;t found any books in English here.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2019, 09:46:33 AM »
Now I am onto Russka, by Ernest Rutherfurd
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2019, 07:49:07 AM »
Currently reading the Silmarillion... or rereading, sort of, as I've read it before years ago but it was the Finnish translation.

Next up on my reading list are Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies, a friend of mine recommended them and I got to borrow her copies. :)

Update, I'm still reading the Silmarillion and haven't got round to starting the Hilary Mantel books yet, but I needed something small and lightweight to read on the bus. I started with Roald Dahl's short story collection The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and six more and really enjoyed it, some of the stories were really intense. My current book on the go is If Cats Disappeared from the World by Genki Kawamura. Hasn't convinced me so far but it's short and easy to read so let's see if it gets more interesting. It was an impulse purchase at the bookstore, the book reminded me of Hiro Arikawa's The Travelling Cat Chronicles which was very good, so I wanted to try this one too. The Silmarillion is my bedtime read. :D 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2019, 06:21:10 PM »
"Comet in Moominland"
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2019, 09:34:08 AM »
I had a random nostalgia spasm after seeing the books in a charity shop so have been rereading the Malory Towers books by Enid Blyton. They are so cliche. But whatever. Reading school stories like these was a huge part of my eight year old life so I don't care xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »
Currently listening to "Jack Blank and the Imagine Nation."  It's fun, but every time the reader says "Jack asked" or "Smart asked", I hear something else...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2019, 11:04:58 AM »
Currently listening to "Jack Blank and the Imagine Nation."  It's fun, but every time the reader says "Jack asked" or "Smart asked", I hear something else...

:lol:
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »
Right now I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2019, 10:53:11 PM »
I'm reading a book called Sjörök (sea smoke, a kind of heavy sea mist) by Viveca and Camilla Sten. It's a tween fantasy around the islands of the stockholm archipelago written by the author of the Sandhamn crime books and her daughter. This is book 2 in a trilogy and they're really good.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2019, 07:41:20 AM »

:haha:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal