collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What book are you currently reading?  (Read 6716 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: What book are you currently reading?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 10:08:49 AM »
And rounding out things Annihilation, started it a few months ago and lost it in my closet. Found it today, figured I'd start reading it again, am halfway through the movie and love that. It's the spookiest movie I've seen in years and I love, love horror movies.

Had to stop watching it because I scared myself. Want to finish the movie tonight (it's almost midnight here) but know better. So maybe tomorrow, good and bright outside with a few light-hearted films lined up for afterward. Would love if there was a thread on this board to talk about it. The book is seriously, seriously trippy.

That sounds like something I need to check out!

Motion seconded! I enjoyed the heck out of Annihilation in book form, it's on my ten-mile-long to-do list to check out the other Southern Reach books, and make some time to watch the movie as well. :D

As for what I'm reading, I'm revisiting Haunted by James Herbert. It's a good, solid ghost story, although some of his more verbose passages are... well, they're very... charming? Maybe lay off the thesaurus a bit? Just a thought. :lol: I'm gonna have to get another copy of The Ghosts of Sleath to read afterwards - my old one fell apart!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 10:12:08 AM »
I'm currently listening through the Charlie Bone Series (for the third or fourth time) at work and I've started the Potion Masters series at home. 

Offline DrEsmeRose

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Tender Quill
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 11:12:04 AM »
I'm currently rereading Dungeon Born, the first book in the Divine Dungeon series. I force myself to re-read a series each time a new book comes out so that I am  fresh as to the facts of the series and so that I can make the magic last awhile longer.

The Divine Dungeon series most likely falls somewhere in between the Fantasy and Literary RPG genres. The main protagonist of the series is Cal, a dungeon core. As such, he controls the space of his dungeon and the minions inside. I can't make it sound exciting, but I promise it really is. The secondary protagonist is Dale, the owner of the land upon which the dungeon resides.

Besides the plot, the best part about this series is that the Audible version is read by the same narrator that read The Heartstrikers series, which may be my favorite series to date!
Wanted: All the ponies!
Mostly Piggies :P

Offline StrawberrySundance

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 11:29:28 AM »
I force myself to re-read a series each time a new book comes out so that I am  fresh as to the facts of the series and so that I can make the magic last awhile longer.

That actually sounds like a great idea!  :D I might have to borrow that idea when I purchase the What Katy Did series since I just realized I'm reading the second book without reading the first one XD

@StrawberrySundance, I read the What Katy Did books last year, they are just such fun! I love children's books from that era.

I didn't realize that there was more than one book!  :dropjaw: I gotta purchase What Katy Did At School and What Katy Did ASAP!

Me too! I love classic literature, especially horror! I've got a section of my book shelf dedicated to classic horror books!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:33:45 AM by StrawberrySundance »

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 01:34:17 AM »
@StrawberrySundance, enjoy the Katy books :). I think the school one was my favourite.

@Pokeyonekenobie, Charlie Bone!! I had some of those when I was younger and was recently, through the magic of Internet, able to acquire the ones I didn't have back then and finally find out what happened next! I'm just reading the last in the series.

Online Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2019, 03:17:59 PM »
We had a writing conference at the library where I work today.  I bought "The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society" from the author, Janet Sumner-Johnson.  It looks like it'll be fun!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 01:12:02 PM »
I'm re-reading The WaterFire Saga by Jennifer Donnelly The 3rd book was my least favorite the first time I read it buy I don't want to skip from book 2 to book 4 so I will give it another chance.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 01:19:53 PM »
I'm currently reading a collection of ghost stories consisting of a mix of modern and classic ones. At the moment, I'm most of the way through 'The Beckoning Fair One' by Oliver Onions, which I've quite enjoyed. It's the usual thing with me and ghost stories: enjoying the classics, not too impressed by the modern ones. I know what I like! ;)

Online Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
I finished "The Last Great Adventure of the PB&J Society" and I'm on the last book of the Charlie Bone Series at work.  And I'm reading "Anne of Green Gables," "Potion Masters: The Eternity Elixir," and Fruits Basket Volume 2.  Yes, I read multiple things at once because it really depends on my mood what I can focus on for the moment.   :P

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 09:49:15 PM »
Yesterday I finnished Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence, second book of a trilogy I highly recommend. Too bad I have to wait til april for the release of the last one. I also began reading Matilda by Roald Dahl.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2019, 10:20:28 AM »
Im currently on Warrior Cats Season 4 (The Omen of Stars), book 3 (Night Whispers), I really enjoy it, its exciting!
Will read same season book 4 (Sign of the Moon) afterwards! :D

Finished season 4 book 3 and now im on season 4 book 4 (Sign of the Moon) :D
If youre a cat-enthusiast I can really recommend these books!!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2019, 11:18:42 AM »
I'm working on Deathmarked, the penultimate book in a series.  It's been really great so far!  Excellent pacing, great characters, simple and efficient worldbuilding. 

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2019, 01:13:31 AM »
Currently reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. Depsite many recommendations I've never read anything by him besides the ending of WoT. I was gifted this one for my birthday and it's pretty good.

Online Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
Currently reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. Depsite many recommendations I've never read anything by him besides the ending of WoT. I was gifted this one for my birthday and it's pretty good.

I haven't read that one yet but I enjoyed "Alcatraz Vs the Evil Librarians."

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2019, 05:54:53 AM »
Eragon... maybe I'll finish it this year.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal